Thread: 300 area jobs lost

Thumbs down 300 area jobs lost

Not good for this area. mayor erkel will try to keep them from closing..

Tyson Foods to shut Buffalo plant, 300 jobs lost. BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Tyson Foods announced Friday that it will shut down its plant in Buffalo during the first half of 2015.

The company says it is shutting down the plant on Perry Street as well as plants in Iowa and New Mexico to improve the performance of its prepared foods business.

Around 300 people will lose their jobs in Buffalo, while another 650 at the other two plants will be out of work.

“Our Buffalo plant has been struggling financially,” said Tyson Foods spokesman Gary Mickelson.

He says it no longer makes good business sense to keep the plant open on Perry Street. It produces hot dogs, sausage and hams, but most of the materials have to be shipped from Iowa and that plant will be closing in September.

http://wivb.com/2014/07/25/tyson-foo...300-jobs-lost/
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Wow, they have spent a ton on money expanding and fixing that place up over the years. Well, maybe now the Valley can get its soccer field back... will not miss the smell of blood when they leave.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Should be noted that Tyson just overpaid for Hillshire. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with this.

I know it's not something that is typically done but I wonder of Sahlen's could purchase the plant if it's sold in a fire sale. Both plants make similar products and it appears the Tyson plant is far more modern.

Frank, if the smell of blood bothers you stay away from the east side.

Thread Information