Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When did illegal alien, become a refugee?

Heres the link to S.744 - its explains what the Bill is about - Where is it now ? Find out !

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/spe...migration-bill

What is the purpose of this guide?

The Immigration Policy Center has written this guide to provide policymakers, the media, and the public with an easy-to-understand guide to the main components of S. 744 and the purpose behind them.

The guide follows the structure of the bill, with a separate section addressing the cost-benefit analysis of S. 744, a resources page, and a glossary.

The Basics

What is S. 744?

The “Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act,” or S. 744, is a broad-based proposal for reforming the U.S. immigration system written by a bipartisan group of eight Senators known as the “Gang of Eight.” Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY), John McCain (R-AZ), Richard Durbin (D-IL), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Michael Bennet (D-CO), and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) drafted S. 744 in the spring of 2013.

The bill addresses all aspects of the immigration process from border and enforcement issues to legal immigration reforms. It makes changes to the family and employment-based visa categories for immigrants, provides critical due-process protections, increases the availability of nonimmigrant workers to supplement all sectors of the workforce, and provides legal status to 11 million undocumented immigrants within the United States. The Senators intended this legislation to address these issues “…by finally committing the resources needed to secure the border, modernize and streamline our current legal immigration system, while creating a tough but fair legalization program for individuals who are currently here.”
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Baloney Jeff... the house has passed bill after bill after bill... This president and dingy harry are the guilty ones... Stop playing games...
    Links to those Bills?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I can show you polls that say differently. What is you excuse for being an *******?
    Go ahead and show me a poll that shows people want open borders and illegals getting rewarded with citizenship. I know you're bluffing and that's why I called you out.

People in this country want the laws on the books enforced.

People are sick of liars and politicians that try to hide the truth and have a hidden agenda.

People want the citizens of THIS country's problems to be taken care of and not those from some third world country.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Go ahead and show me a poll that shows people want open borders and illegals getting rewarded with citizenship. I know you're bluffing and that's why I called you out.
    Poll: Virginians overwhelmingly favor immigration reform

Two New Polls Show Continued U.S. Support for Immigration Reform

Immigration Reform Poll In 2014 Is Good News For Illegal Immigrants

Actually, a Google search brings up many links to people that are in favor of reform, so,m as usual, you're wrong again
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Wow, you are either lazy or a complete idiot... none of those links show that people support giving illegal aliens free citizenship or even status for that matter.

Your own link (that you probably didn't even bother to read says this:

The reason that this new immigration reform poll by Gallup could be said to be good news is because 22 percent of Americans are now in favor of increasing immigration levels. To give you an idea how significant this is, the numbers for the other numbers have pretty much fluctuated around the same levels for over 10 years while those want immigration increased were only 10 percent back in 1999
    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1324705/imm...hD3T6SeImVC.99
    22 percent? HAHAHAHAH! Try reading stuff you post so you don't look so stupid. And that 22% is talking about increasing LEGAL immigration levels, not criminals who sneak into this country by hopping over a fence in the middle of the night. Those people are called illegal aliens and people want those illegals DEPORTED and the laws ENFORCED.

My comment

And poll that say 77% favor deporting illegals is still unchallenged.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

22% is not "most people"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post

People in this country want the laws on the books enforced.

People are sick of liars and politicians that try to hide the truth and have a hidden agenda.

People want the citizens of THIS country's problems to be taken care of and not those from some third world country.
    I have no hidden agenda. I simply live in reality unlike you and several others here. I'm not ready to throw a production member of our society out of the country who has lived here since they were a child and has no cultural or family ties to their country of origin because "der took er jerbs" and are brown.

You are right, they should not be here, but they are and many have been for their entire lives. Its called empathy and it has been missing in half of this country for far too long. Jesus disapproves.

Don't you long for the good old days when we had the non-threatening European immigrants? The people that would come here to work hard.

From the Clarence Bee -

125 Years Ago
    Sept. 26, 1889

There has been so far a decrease of immigration this year of 72,135 persons, the total number of arrivals being 222,056. The improved crops of late years in many parts of Europe and the better prospects of peace have combined to make the people better contented with their lot and less anxious to escape the evils or possible starvation and military service.

Georgia L Schlager

Life is tough. It's even tougher for law breakers and their spawn.

If they have jobs and a college education, let them stay, regardless of their color.
    If they don't, then only kick out the darker ones.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Life is tough. It's even tougher for law breakers and their spawn.

If they have jobs and a college education, let them stay, regardless of their color.
    If they don't, then only kick out the darker ones.

Problem solved.
    racist
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    George Washington
    Good answer but in the end he did. The British didn't agree with his agenda.

So what are the odds Obozo pulls an executive order for amnesty after the election? He's got a good distraction with ISIS going on. I say it will happen if the seats in the House and Senate don't change much.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Doubtful. In all likelihood amnesty will get kicked down the road to the next administration.

We've already seen what happens when word gets out in Central America that people are being allowed to stay. The crisis from this summer was proof of that. And that was from unofficial back door double secret amnesty. The massive influx of illegal aliens didn't slow down until the majority of the people started getting sent back immediately. So if word gets out that there would be broad sweeping amnesty, the chaos at the southern border would dwarf what happened there this summer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information