Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix this street ! - Broadway and Borden road

broadway is state borden county when it comes to intersections its a gray area neither want to fix them because of the cost.. just found out the other day why galleria and union wont get fixed part of the road is state and most of galleria is the town so fish fry mark don't want to fix it nor the state $$$ who pays... that's the big hold up.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Lack of knowledge in this thread is amazing...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    and the earth is only 6000 years old isn't that right Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Using cheaper asphalt product for top coat also they are no longer using the two process hard base, then top coat sealer which prevents the roads from peeling.
    I thought they had a crushed stone base, then a layer of asphalt binder, then a finer asphalt top coat. I don't EVER remember seeing roads being sealed.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    and the earth is only 6000 years old isn't that right Frank?
    Oh the pain..... nope it is not 6000 years old.

I said what I said for we went all through this once already. Then bam, same person and back to square one, spouting off stuff he already was schooled on.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Frank it's funny you say this, riven would have accused me of picking on him. Riven has such a hard on for the highway it seems as though it's eating him alive. Georgia you're correct no sealant. As for product maybe that has changed but I think for what folks pay in Cheektowaga for taxes they get a good bang for their buck. I don't agree with allowing the king of sanitation to do what he wants is ok but the other departments run very well.

So that all being said riven go hump someone else's leg

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post

I said what I said for we went all through this once already. Then bam, same person and back to square one, spouting off stuff he already was schooled on.

No hard on you butt head I ride a motorcycle and i'm a active member of ABATE making my enjoyment very dangerous when roads are not properly paved and potholes filled in. When the town board members refuse to make rulings on town roads or even when it is state and/or county roads it is the towns job to fight for its people quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    Frank it's funny you say this, riven would have accused me of picking on him. Riven has such a hard on for the highway it seems as though it's eating him alive. Georgia you're correct no sealant. As for product maybe that has changed but I think for what folks pay in Cheektowaga for taxes they get a good bang for their buck. I don't agree with allowing the king of sanitation to do what he wants is ok but the other departments run very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post

[/QUOTE]

I see you have a sense of humor.

There are other towns locally that have roads just as bad and their property taxes are lower per 100,000. So you can easily say we get less bang per buck. Then if you think about it the people who are on county roads get even less bang for their buck because doesn't the county cover the cost of that road maintenance?

Hey res what town of this size ?

I see you have a sense of humor.

There are other towns locally that have roads just as bad and their property taxes are lower per 100,000. So you can easily say we get less bang per buck. Then if you think about it the people who are on county roads get even less bang for their buck because doesn't the county cover the cost of that road maintenance?[/QUOTE]

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The size of the town doesn't relate specifically the tax rate.

Now if services were "a good bang for the buck", "worth every penny", "services people want", and so on... We wouldn't be losing population for the last decade or more. I do see where you are coming from though. As our town continues to lose population we have less and less people paying into the tax base which in turns causes everyone else to end up paying more. So I do see the point your making. Less revenue to cover the cost of road repairs etc...

I thought roads were covered with the gas taxes we pay. With all the traffic around the mall you would think there would be a nice little budget to cover the cost of road wear...

It will be interesting to see how Nagel is going to hold up with traffic cutting through from the new 24/7 Walmart on Walden. I was looking at possible traffic patterns. You know either N. Creek or S. Creek and Nagel would make for a good place for a gas station/convenient store. I do not want to hear "it isn't zoned properly" either. The Cheektowaga Planning Board can change zoning in a heart beat. You don't want to risk being sued now do you. It will make for good campaign literature for the Cheektowaga Democratic Party. By adding a gas station/convenient store at that location they can say they are creating jobs and are creating shopping within walking distance of residential areas Yeah that's it.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Finally. Rowley Road is being paved. I was told the county handles that. I wonder what the bid price was and the length of the road is. I would like to figure out what it cost a running foot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information