Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated with Verizon

Should update the title to this thread to include "Solved quickly with help of Government Agency

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I currently have home phone service with ACN and DSL service with Verizon. To save money, I was going try Verizon's phone and DSL bundle. I was putting my order in online but the Verizon website wanted me to change my home phone number. My phone number was a Verizon number 10 years ago. I emailed for assistance. The rep told me that the number is not transferable. Under the Federal Communications Commission’s “local number portability” (LNP) rules, so long as you remain in the same geographic area, you can switch telephone service providers, including interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers, and keep your existing phone number. Why doesn't the FCC rule apply to Verizon?

I have Verizon wireless and Fios, I love em'! Whenever I change services,I call and talk to a human,who takes care of it all while I'm on the phone,then it's done. Doing that stuff online is more hassle than you think sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information