Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Seats up in 2013 in Lancaster

Received several pieces of campaign literature in the mail this week from both Town Justice candidates Nicholas LoCicero and Jeremy Colby.

The one mailer of LoCicero’s seemed impressive especially the claim, “In this election the most qualified candidate for Lancaster Town Justice is the Lancaster Town Justice.”

Then I received the recent Colby mailer which depicted several media reports on his leadership qualifications, integrity and honesty. Now that is super impressive. Also impressed that Colby:

• Fought for taxpayers in Erie County as the Erie County Attorney – unanimously approved confirmed by the Legislature; both Democrats and Republicans
    • Fought efforts by the federal government to treat inmates better than veterans
    • Is admitted to the Supreme Court
    • Was named to Business First’s “40 under 40” class in 2008
    • Was a practicing attorney for near 15 years representing towns, villages, school districts and law enforcement officers and agencies
    • Was a former school board member

And the one thing I know for sure is that Mr. Colby will be Lancaster’s Town Justice for the next four years. I really can’t say that about Mr. LoCicero.

COLBY FOR TOWN JUSTICE

I totally agree about Colby's qualifications. He is the best choice of the two. LoCicero will end up like 'snowball' Aquino on the losing end of Tuesday's race

Georgia L Schlager

Congratulations Lancaster Town Justice-elect Jeremy Colby on your convincing victory. Well deserved. Change is indeed on the way!

Congratulations to Jeremy Colby and Angela Wozniak on their victories

Georgia L Schlager

Jeremy Colby and Angela Wozniak were by far the best candidates in their respective races. It is so gratifying to see them both win! When candidates like those two succeed even though the opposing major party has been shamelessly gaming the election system to stay in power, one's faith in the system starts to be restored...

I am so thrilled to see these two wonderful people win this election. Both Jeremy & Angela worked so hard, in fact they worked the hardest I've seen in many years.

A new face in Lancaster, next year will be an exciting year also, I suspect it will be another victory!

Someone emailed this morning that had I been listening to WBEN last night around midnight I may have been surprised to hear Dave Debo and Michael Caputo talk about Jeremy's victory as one of the biggest surprises of the night and how his victory indicates that the Republican Party is much stronger in Lancaster than anyone thinks.

They may have been surprised, but there was no surprise here. Jeremy Colby epitomizes the type of candidate the Republican Party needs to field in next year’s election for town supervisor, two council seats and Town Clerk if they intend to beat an entrenched Democratic Party machine that has controlled this town for the last 16 years.

Colby was deserving of victory as he was better qualified and a more committed candidate in serving the residents of the community. His integrity and honesty characteristics are impeccable. The amount of time and effort Colby put in going door-to-door to meet prospective voters was outstanding. It rivaled the efforts of Republicans Supervisor Fudoli and Town Justice Cervi.

If the Republican Party fields equally viable candidates in next year’s elections it will be equally successful – especially with the rebirth of the Conservative Party in Lancaster in becoming a true Conservative Party with conservative values. The Republicans failed to find and run such candidates in the last election.

Angela Wozniak’s compelling victory in a staunch Democratic Town like Cheektowaga is further testimony that the public has had enough of the Democratic machine controlled 'status quo' policy and politics. The public appears to have become better informed and are beginning to vote for qualified candidates and not bound by party allegiance.

Jeremy Cloby and the future

It is wonderful to see the Coservative Party support someone other than a democrat. I guess the days of the Cipola strongarm is over. I believe am going to switch my affiliation, like so many others to either Independent or Conservative. Why, because the republicans are already talking about being conciliatory and meeting the dems halfway. Govern for Pete's sake. that is what you were put into power for, Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. You've got to know any "Collaboration" is going to cost us all. You see democrats DO NOT at all wish to do anything where they don't come out on top. They have got to be shown for the anal orfices they are.

Boy do I feel better now!

In my previous post I failed to mention that it will be necessary to keep Ralph Mohr's hands off any candidate. However, this can create problems if one doesn't kiss his ring. The mailing and calling lists are all generated by his office and this can create problems.

While its encouraging to hear the Conservative Party is changing - its hard to believe the influences on their committee has changed. Time will tell who's pulling those strings - some people are good at going with the Political winds. Business minded people have no true devotion to "Party Labels" - their long term devotion is money.

I agree theres no need to bend over for the controlling Dems - drive hard on the reform aspect and stay focused on the reason voters gave you a chance.

The Dems especialy here in Lancaster will do all they can to win over Mr.Colby at first .

Just like they do with all new elected or appointed people.

If that doesn't work they then create situations to make it seem like they are there to help support you and your Party isn't - they are not.

When that fails - as it has so far with the new Supervisor - they return to setting you up for their united obstructionist moves against you.

Their game never ends - its all they know how to do ! Until the Town Board and then Town Hall is relieved of the forced "Party Allegiance Mentality" and returned to "Public Service" - nothing will truly change.

No one Party should have the power to dominate job appointments - job creations and all Departments within Town Government.

Town Clerk Johana Coleman is the one who controls the records and documents - Finance minister Mr.Brown builds the budgets and coding system to cover all the "Money Moves" - this has to change. There needs to be impartial over sight - I don't mean hire party donors to present tax funded rose colored paintings.

The ethics committee must be impanelled, empowered and given investigateive powers - they need to be answerable to the Town Supervisor - present their findings in public sessions and not beholden to the Town Council or any one Controlling Party.

Lancaster has been misdirected/misinformed and in some cases lied to for too long - we are paying millions for bonds that should have never been funded in the first place.

Lancaster has been graced with too much development - yet millions in tax revenue was squandered creating patronage instead of addressing sewer, water and roads. We have to reevaluated the true need for the tax burden of all the Town subsidized services and too many non working highly paid bosses.

Until two more Board Members are replaced in 2015 - taxpayers will continue to be used as providers of Patronage income in the form of taxes.

Time will tell - tax funded employees who actually do their jobs should be as upset as Lancaster's tax payers are getting.

For too long nepotism, patronage and forced "Party Politics" has not only misdirected job appointments and blocked valid job promotions as well. Far too often honest workers are forced to cover the work load of insiders who are afforded far to much "Free Time" on the tax payers dime.

No, - one or two elected positions can't cure all this - but its a start.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMAle View Post
    It is wonderful to see the Coservative Party support someone other than a democrat. I guess the days of the Cipola strongarm is over. I believe am going to switch my affiliation, like so many others to either Independent or Conservative. Why, because the republicans are already talking about being conciliatory and meeting the dems halfway. Govern for Pete's sake. that is what you were put into power for, Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. You've got to know any "Collaboration" is going to cost us all. You see democrats DO NOT at all wish to do anything where they don't come out on top. They have got to be shown for the anal orfices they are.

Boy do I feel better now!
    AlphaMAle, I agree with you 100%. Therefore I switched my affiliation already. I have seen first hand the changes being made in the Conservative Party & the
    Independent Party. They are about getting back to basics and their true philosophy as a party to be recognized a the leader in winning elections.

I also agree with your assessment of Ralph Mohr.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information