Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like Collins won

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    “I don’t know how much is true”

And yet you post it.

We are doomed.....

b.b.
    You’re right bb. Now that the Democrats have taken control of the state senate we are doomed. Not a bad time to finally convince the kids to get out.

Its poetic justice Mr.Collins won.

I already have two of my three children/young adults living and working happily out of NYS. My last personal hurtle should be settled in the next few years(hopefully sooner).

I am a sportsman and love fishing and hunting here -

Politics and taxes are my prime reason for leaving. I only spend the mandated legal time in this state to be considered a resident now ! For about the past 4 years that's what I have been doing - only because of the laws.

So sick and tired of watching patronage, nepotism and wired Dem families roll over everyone else - including their own young. But with many of these people - tax funded employment/elected and appointed positions is a family heritage to them.

Glad Mr. Collins survived the exaggerated BS charges and was re-elected. Yet in Washington we are in for two more years of baseless charges - investigations and #Dems humiliating our Country. Enough said -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Gee, this thread needs some anti-anxiety meds!

Gee, cheer up folks. You're in for some checks and balances at the federal level.

In NYS, well, let's see what they do. They can't blame anyone now that they have control of the legislature.

Cheer up! I thought Trump said that he won big on Tuesday.

Where is the celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    You’re right bb. Now that the Democrats have taken control of the state Senate we are doomed. Not a bad time to finally convince the kids to get out.
    It really is going to be interesting to see how policies play out over the next two years. Was reading a take that you shouldn't expect too much change in the next two years. The goal for the Democrats will be to retain full control in 2020 because that will allow them to control the redistricting process entirely. Once they do that, expect the gloves to come off. Even the most far left progressive policies will be taken seriously, and many will be made into law.

NY will, of course, try to follow the lead of California but that's where things get ugly. 60% of New York State lives in the NYC metro area. 60%! If anyone honestly thinks 'daddy' is going to take care of the red-headed step kids in WNY they are a fool. It's going to be like the Hunger Games!

Wonder if McMurray has told the boards of elections in the counties in the 27th district that he has gun and will use it if he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    It really is going to be interesting to see how policies play out over the next two years. Was reading a take that you shouldn't expect too much change in the next two years. The goal for the Democrats will be to retain full control in 2020 because that will allow them to control the redistricting process entirely. Once they do that, expect the gloves to come off. Even the most far left progressive policies will be taken seriously, and many will be made into law.

NY will, of course, try to follow the lead of California but that's where things get ugly. 60% of New York State lives in the NYC metro area. 60%! If anyone honestly thinks 'daddy' is going to take care of the red-headed step kids in WNY they are a fool. It's going to be like the Hunger Games!

Leftie, I don’t think they’ll be able to hold off nor need they. The Republicans will never be able to retake the senate because the demographics simply don’t work. I think long term the entire state including NYC will be destroyed simply because everything the Democrats control is destroyed. Look at Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Erie County, every major urban school district in New York, in fact just about every major urban school district in America, Chicago, Detroit, the state of New Jersey and on it goes. They are simply too lazy, corrupt and stupid to do the work it takes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    “I don’t know how much is true”

And yet you post it.

We are doomed.....

b.b.
    You really want this person making decisions that will effect your life?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So do the local republicans know who will replace Chris Collins yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So do the local republicans know who will replace Chris Collins yet?
    Why would he be replaced? Doesn’t he claim he didn’t do anything wrong?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Because from what I have read, bits and pieces, he won't be on any committees or groups while in Congress. Correct? He's innocent until proven guilty but if his hands are tied what is the point? Time goes fast so don't waste our time with someone in office who can't be involved.

Isn't Nate looking to have another recount? What changes from the last count if they recount?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Because from what I have read, bits and pieces, he won't be on any committees or groups while in Congress. Correct? He's innocent until proven guilty but if his hands are tied what is the point? Time goes fast so don't waste our time with someone in office who can't be involved.

Isn't Nate looking to have another recount? What changes from the last count if they recount?
    He’s in the minority anyways starting the next term so it doesn’t really matter that much, it’s just ridiculous that his trial starts well over a year from now

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes I agree. Why wait for the trial. Get it over with and move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information