Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leecia Eve, candidate for state AG

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh I thought you knew this. I saw this on the ECDEMS facebook page. That's how it's tied into the group. I wouldn't have known about her otherwise.

She might be an awesome person who means well but in end she's anti-trump. Someone else who also means well. I guess I'm finally tired of listening to the constant BS I have listen to for the last 10+ years about politics in Erie County. Same names, same groups and the same BS.

I finally figured out why Trump ran for president. I have followed him along since high school. Why would anyone with his wealth step up and run for president. Just made no sense. He can play for the rest of his life and not deal with the BS we constantly read from anti-trump people. It click at that White House Correspondents' Dinner. It just never ends and he stepped up to the plate to make real change.

Seriously will Jeremy and crew support Cuomo next election? After everything we have witnessed over the years from Cuomo? Buffalo Billion... That film project.... etc?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    ‘Like a dog’: Trump has a long history of using canine insults to dehumanize enemies - https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.80096c84235f

See!
    Human nature. There's a lot worse going on versus "insults"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezy did you read this?

Who really wants to abolish ICE? Surely not the American people

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, commonly known as ICE, began operations in 2003 as a result of a major reorganization of the federal government in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America that murdered nearly 3,000 innocent people. In a dangerous world, ICE’s main objective, plain and simple, is to keep the American people safe and secure. With 20,000 courageous employees, ICE’s mission centers on “smart immigration enforcement, preventing terrorism, and combating the illegal movement of people and goods.”
    http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...merican-people

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Breezy did you read this?

Who really wants to abolish ICE? Surely not the American people

http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...merican-people
    Yes, I read this, but not all Dems support abolishing ICE. But any agency may need reforms to address problems.

It's true. I do let anyone and everyone post their opinion. Even people who I don't agree with. There are many examples of this. Only time, and it's rare, that anyone has been blocked is when they because a complete pain in the ass.

I do this because it is the right thing to do.
    Funny, maybe you caught President Trump's speech last night in West Virginia.

He touched on this:

Donald Trump Holds a Political Rally in Charleston, West Virginia - August 21, 2018

"Every one of us is sort of like a newspaper you have Twitter you have whatever you have Facebook, but everyone you can't have censorship.

"You can't pick one person and say well we don't like what he's been saying he's out.

"So we'll live with fake news. I mean I hate to say it but we have no choice because that's by far the better alternative.

"We can't have people saying censorship because you know what it can turn around. It can be them next. It could be them next we believe in the right of Americans to speak their minds."
    LOL

There is nothing cheap about what I just said.

What is fake about the democratic party fighting against the border fence? Open borders. Drop the BS.

What is fake about raising taxes? Nancy Pelosi's view... Crumbs. Free this free that.... where do you think those items costs are going to come from? Taxes. The town of Cheektowaga has been ran by people from this group and look what is got us.. Some of the highest property taxes in the area and 1000's have left our town and are still leaving.

Where have you been while we watched how crappy some trade deals were made in our behalf? We can't have tariffs... yet many of our items have some rather high tariffs going out to other countries. That's fair isn't it?

Fairness? I let anyone and everyone post their opinions unless they literally become a pain in the ass.

YES the group supports open borders. Yes the group supports importing high numbers of refugees. The group supported Hillary and those were just two items she was pushing for.
    People are leaving Cheektowaga for Lancaster. It's not about the taxes, it's about white flight. Cheektowaga exploded in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's mostly as a result of migration out of Buffalo. That same mentality persists in the offspring and that's reflected in the migration out of 1st ring suburbs. It's just about "those people". Little to do with taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    People are leaving Cheektowaga for Lancaster. It's not about the taxes, it's about white flight. Cheektowaga exploded in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's mostly as a result of migration out of Buffalo. That same mentality persists in the offspring and that's reflected in the migration out of 1st ring suburbs. It's just about "those people". Little to do with taxes.
    Democrats, especially those who live by mulcting the taxpayers such as public school teachers, simply can’t allow themselves to admit that people move to avoid taxes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's taxes and issues along the city/town border.

I have been in business in the same spot since I was 18. I'm 54 now. I have dealt with many people/businesses personally. I tell you now that yes people are racist. That will never change. I don't care how hard people try I don't think that will ever go away. And racism is on both sides. On the other hand people complain about taxes and/or quality of life.

Why would a family move to Cheektowaga versus Lancaster/Clarence/Amherst etc...? You are going to compared schools if you have children... or not if you are going to send your kids to private schools. You can compare services.. Trash pickup, do you have water, electricity, parks if you are into that and so on. Then you look over what will it cost you to live in your home. Property taxes. The town has good people but there is nothing breath taking about the town. I don't think a string of fast food businesses is something a new home owner would look as a "plus".

It's taxes and issues along the city/town border.

I have been in business in the same spot since I was 18. I'm 54 now. I have dealt with many people/businesses personally. I tell you now that yes people are racist. That will never change. I don't care how hard people try I don't think that will ever go away. And racism is on both sides. On the other hand people complain about taxes and/or quality of life.

Why would a family move to Cheektowaga versus Lancaster/Clarence/Amherst etc...? You are going to compared schools if you have children... or not if you are going to send your kids to private schools. You can compare services.. Trash pickup, do you have water, electricity, parks if you are into that and so on. Then you look over what will it cost you to live in your home. Property taxes. The town has good people but there is nothing breath taking about the town. I don't think a string of fast food businesses is something a new home owner would look as a "plus".
    Taxes is just code for racism...Didn't you ever hear Lee Atwater's interview when he was in Reagan's adviser, also engineered Bush's "Willie Horton" attack ad? Here's the interview...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2fsv7xt4E
    It's what's happening in Cheektowaga to Lancaster, Tonawanda to Wheatfield and Parts of Amherst to Williamsville / Clarence. It's first ring suburban flight. Same attitudes, different geography / generation.

Taxes is just code for racism...Didn't you ever hear Lee Atwater's interview when he was in Reagan's adviser, also engineered Bush's "Willie Horton" attack ad? Here's the interview...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2fsv7xt4E
    It's what's happening in Cheektowaga to Lancaster, Tonawanda to Wheatfield and Parts of Amherst to Williamsville / Clarence. It's first ring suburban flight. Same attitudes, different geography / generation.
    Most importantly..parents with school age children would have to be insane or blind if they thought living in the City, and sending their child to a public school is the right move. The BPS IS SO AWASH IN CONTROVERSY, THE TEACHERS CANNOT CONTROL THE STUDENTS...a learning environment is almost non existent, teachers are blamed FOR THINGS THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, discipline is very minimal...Little support from the principles, very reluctant to suspend a student , actually teachers are the victims here, they are dedicated and adamant about teaching their students, yet frustrated that their efforts seem to be wasted. Every parent should spend a day in a public school to experience what their children would be exposed to. It's a rough environment. The taxpayer feeds breakfast because they cant rely on parent(s) at home to be responsible and feed them in morning,( let alone raise them with minimal manners and social skills ). transport and even after school programs...not to mention that now there are community programs from WEGMANS or Tops , to donate food so their irresponsible parent in the house hold will feed them on the weekend when the BPS/Taxpayers arent.
    Meanwhile, a school board so inept, infighting, only concerned with power within, should have been completely dismissed and the State should have moved in and taken over...So Yes...any parent with school age children, should run , not walk to find a suburb or first ring community where their children will have some accoutability, and teachers are given a full opportunity to educate them!

Yes, because walking away from problems as people left Buffalo to 1st ring suburbs worked so well to address problems in the city. Now, walking away from 1st ring suburbs to 2nd ring suburbs is a move that is going to help how exactly?

Voting with your feet will send a message...voting in the same ol' politicians, local and state level, their appointees who are inept or have no idea how to fix the problematic school system in Buffalo, the band aid fix with grandeur publicity to promote their futile agenda , have given some private citizens and groups to rise...but with little or no authority..the merry go round continues !

Yes, because walking away from problems as people left Buffalo to 1st ring suburbs worked so well to address problems in the city. Now, walking away from 1st ring suburbs to 2nd ring suburbs is a move that is going to help how exactly?
    The people who left the city didn’t cause the problems of the city, they were the victims and that’s why they left. Thousands fled as a result of the idiotic “school desegregation” solution concocted by Curtin and Reville. The one that, instead of separate but equal schools, created separate but unequal schools, all to the plaudits of the Buffalo News, New York Times and a host of others. It created “magnet schools”, magnets for the children of the rich and politically connected, with the best teachers and the most resources. The majority of students were condemned to schools with less capable teachers and fewer resources. They were moved around to satisfy the whacky desires of an addled old man, with no rhyme or reason, and they and their parents beat it. Call it racism if you want to but any parent who didn’t beat it was a fool. They left the city because businesses by the score were being destroyed to satisfy the desires of “planners” who designed and built a useless subway system that devastated the city’s business core. As I said, Democrats, for example public school teachers, who live by mulcting the taxpayers can’t admit the fact that people move to avoid high taxes. Instead, they call it racism. In fact, whenever people do what Democrats don’t want them to do they call it racism. Democrats draw “racism” in a pinch the way Doc Holliday drew his gun. Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information