Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tom Bauerle Files: The lowest of the low

Begins with S between Eggertsville and Williamsville

Angry The Tom Bauerle Files: The lowest of the low

Buffalo radio hit a new low this morning... Tom Bauerle had Terri Schiavo's aunt & uncle as guests on his show. Regardless of where you stood on the issue, WBEN & Mr. Baurele did something that really illustrates how awful the media has become...especially the local media.

A growing trend over the last few years by our local media outlets is to get a local angle on a national story. No matter what the issue is, our local media can be counted on to find someone or something that ties the story into WNY. WBEN continued this trend this morning by lining up Ken & Linda Blake, Terri Schiavo’s aunt & uncle, one or both of them had lived in the Buffalo area at some point in the past. Having them on wasn’t the problem.

About an hour or so into TB’s show, the news came out the Terri Schiavo had died. WBEN & Tom Bauerle took it upon themselves to be the first to tell the Blakes that their niece had died. Instead of going to a break, telling them off air and letting them go, Tom Bauerle told them live on the radio. When I heard this, I was outraged. I couldn’t believe that even TB would sink this low. Tom had just got through a rant blasting people who were attempting to profit from this whole debacle and then there he goes creating the sound byte of a lifetime. Talk about an opportunist!

If the above wasn’t bad enough, I made my way over to WBEN’s website. The lead article on their site was about the death and A LINK TO THE AUDIO TO LISTEN TO TERRI’S AUNT & UNCLES REACTION TO HER DEATH when they found out. I’ve been searching for the right words to describe this. The only two that keep coming to mind are SICK & DISGUSTING.

Tom Bauerle took advantage of this situation for self-profit. To say this is appalling is an understatement. Tom comes off as some pious dude….looking out for you & me…. Well dude, you showed us what you are really all about today. You thought about yourself instead of doing what would have been the right thing to do.

If you are as outraged as I am about TB & WBEN & their handling of her death this morning, send them an email. Let them know… Ask them to remove the audio from WBEN’s site…

tom@wben.com

or

http://www.wben.com/contact/index.php
    Christopher Byrd
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://indabuff.com
    http://broadwayfillmorealive.org

moonshine
    I agree with you completely. I don't have a problem with him having an opinion and being "howard stern-esque" when doing his show, but it ultimately comes down to ratings and no advertiser will be reaching me anymore while this terrorism - war junky / nationalist turned shock-rock-moralist is at the microphone.

I didn't hear him "break the news", but I did hear him say "slow murder" about 3 times in a two minute span, which was enough time for me to reprogram the wben button on my presets. Luckily the weather is getting warming and I'll be riding the scooter more often (read: no more radio in the morning/afternoon/night).

Regardless of where you stood on the issue, WBEN & Mr. Baurele did something that really illustrates how awful the media has become...especially the local media.

yes... you said it kristop!

I don't know...if someone I care about is on the verge of dying I wouldn't be giving interviews.

We all have agendas and I’m sure Ken & Linda had theirs when they agreed to be interviewed live on air.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

I don't think the entire subject is fit for public consumption.

I did with Bauerle what I did with all the other "news" reports: I just didn't listen. It's easy enough just switch channels.

Get off my cloud

Get off the bassing....nothing is more bad as MSNBC boardcasting the church services lastnight on TV...I'm glad its all over.....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I didn't listen to it live, but I just listened to it off their website. I really didn't take it the same way that you did kristop. WBEN as a news station has a responsibility to bring you breaking news as soon as it happens. They happened to get that news while on the air with her relatives. Bauerle braced them, told them, and then immediately got them off the air.

Now, had they gotton the news while they were on a break and had waited until the break was over to tell them on the air, that would have been a case for complaint. I think what happened was just a case of bad timing.

The thing that gets me is that this is a situation that happens everyday around the world, but once Fox News gets their hands on a story they will run with it as far as they can go.

stevenco

Syndicate the morning, WBEN, please.

Tom Bauerle is THE most annoying talk show host I have ever heard. He's a self-righteous joke of a moralist and NO ONE likes listening to Tom Bauerle's show more than Tom Baurle.
    When he can't think of anything to be self righteous or outraged about, he has these stupid call in topics.

"Okay today, I want to hear from anyone who's ever had anything silly happen to them at the supermarket. I want to hear your story."

They should just syndicate that time slot if they can't find anyone worth listening to.

stevenco
    Sandy Beach, I can listen to

I din't hear it, but that sounds grossly exploitational.

Truth is - I don't have much problem with exploitation, as long as it's presented as such. When it's disgiused as news, that's a different thing.

Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot, BTW.

I dont think you can blame tom on this one. I just think the timing was horrible the fact that they were on the airwaves with tom. I feel he had a responsibility to tell them. I felt horrible for tom and the blakes being in radio myself I could never imagine what that was like. and night owl it wasnt just fox news. Its seems lately the media has a theme of the week. Death and dying was the past two weeks steroids in baseball was the week before. With the circus of the jackson trial going on that will soon be all over the news. Dont just blame fox news which some liberals consider to the be the antichrist of news media because its not strictly liberal . Just my opinion thats all

Tom has a producer/engineer in his ear.....
    Tom & WBEN made the wrong decision.....
    That is the bottom line....
    You can think it was an "accident"......
    They have a dump running.....

Could you imagine if someone Tom doesn't like....let's say Aaron Brown from CNN did the same thing....

He would have been all over it.......

Originally posted by johndubbya
    I dont think you can blame tom on this one. I just think the timing was horrible the fact that they were on the airwaves with tom. I feel he had a responsibility to tell them. I felt horrible for tom and the blakes being in radio myself I could never imagine what that was like. and night owl it wasnt just fox news. Its seems lately the media has a theme of the week. Death and dying was the past two weeks steroids in baseball was the week before. With the circus of the jackson trial going on that will soon be all over the news. Dont just blame fox news which some liberals consider to the be the antichrist of news media because its not strictly liberal . Just my opinion thats all
    Christopher Byrd

Originally posted by stevenco
    Sandy Beach, I can listen to
    Sandy....he isn't locked into defending the RIGHT like TB.....

He sounds more Libertarian than anything.......
    Christopher Byrd

i dont think so sandy is as much to the right as tom is he is more of a moderate to say it mildly

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information