Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/DELINQUENTLIST.txt

Seems like your boy Makeastinko is a deadbeat also along with several other democratic party people,cops and the like. Maybe John needs to get a job also. Bremer goes after Andrea but yet he can't pay either. Only in Howdydoodyville! (AKA LACKAWANNA) A TOTAL OF 2.5 MILLON DOLLARS WE CAN USE!!!!
    40 140900 141.44-1-14 297 RIDGE RD BORRERO EDWIN
    2006 2,154.13
    2007 2,495.22
    2008 2,543.22
    2009 1,382.36

TOTAL: 8,574.93

Its not just one year! not $225 either! I guess your calling everyone on the list a deadbeat also, havent you learned yet!

Post How low can you go?

May Jesus be with dud/dudette---I pray for you everyday!

m Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to:navigation, search
    For other uses, see Amazing Grace (disambiguation).

The bottom of page 53 of Olney Hymns shows the first stanza of what became "Amazing Grace"."Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn written by English poet and clergyman John Newton (1725–1807) published in 1779. With a message that forgiveness and redemption is possible regardless of the sins people commit and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognizable songs in the English-speaking world.

Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed into the Royal Navy and became a sailor, eventually participating in the slave trade. One night a terrible storm battered his vessel so severely that he became frightened enough to call out to God for mercy, a moment that marked the beginning of his spiritual conversion. His career in slave trading lasted a few years more until he quit going to sea altogether and began studying theology.

Post I will never sink to some people's level--I could not if I took a class in nastiness!

OMG, I mean dude/dudette. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    40 140900 141.44-1-14 297 RIDGE RD BORRERO EDWIN
    2006 2,154.13
    2007 2,495.22
    2008 2,543.22
    2009 1,382.36

TOTAL: 8,574.93

Its not just one year! not $225 either! I guess your calling everyone on the list a deadbeat also, havent you learned yet!
    doesn't matter how much or how many years, he still owes taxes! Doesn't he earn enough being an employee at Housing, the city and disability to pay $203.76?

Oh I forgot the price of cheese went up!

Post Sad

Three young Moms told me this morning that they are pulling their kids out of Lackawanna---one is a Mom of a Special Needs kid and she has had enough run-around.

The other two have had it over-all, they are upset with the way "the little people" are treated, from City Hall BS to the spoiled School System they said.

There was a time when people barely needed to put a For Sale sign up--word of mouth would sell a house quickly, now........

Lord, WE need you!

Just wondering what type of advice you gave to the Mom’s you spoke to.

Everyone should wonder how much time is spent on these sites bashing the City they live in and what type of advice and support people are given when they have these concerns. Did you suggest to the mother with the special needs child to seek the advice of someone who handles special cases such as the one she has? If parents are going to fight for the children then they need to take it on 150%. If they believe they have rights then you fight for those rights until the end. Quitting just teaches this current generation the lack of WANT and DESIRE!!!!

And if the mom’s you mention are not happy with the current school system, where do they plan on going? To a PRIVATE SCHOOL? They realize that is an additional cost and they will still need to pay a school tax correct? Unless they are moving right out of the City or they don't own property in the City.

You mention little people in the City are treated poorly…who are the people that are treated right? Maybe the 3 mom’s should sit down with the people who are treated correctly and ask them how to handle the current situation they are in.

You also mention word of mouth sells houses. With how dissatisfied you are on a daily basis, will you be moving out of Lackawanna soon?

School Board Candidates

I'm bothered about the mom of the special needs student who says that she's not satisfied with the program. Mom3boys is correct about options. I do know that the special needs kids are supposed to have IEP's with carefully spelled out services that they are to receive such as speech therapy, PT,
    1-on-1 aides (if applicable) and the teacher-student ratio is very clearly outlined in the Federal/State guidelines. There are parent advocates assigned to the program as well. As a parent, I know that you are invited to annual reviews and are to receive updated testing results, etc. Teachers who are in special ed have degrees in that field. Pulling a special need child out of the school district seems a bit radical, especially when there are avenues available to fight for your child's educational rights as a special needs student.

You can have the moms contact me or if they want legal help... I know a great Specail Ed lawyer that makes schools cringe!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Three young Moms told me this morning that they are pulling their kids out of Lackawanna---one is a Mom of a Special Needs kid and she has had enough run-around.

The other two have had it over-all, they are upset with the way "the little people" are treated, from City Hall BS to the spoiled School System they said.

There was a time when people barely needed to put a For Sale sign up--word of mouth would sell a house quickly, now........

Lord, WE need you!
    Make somemore lies up Andrea, the fact is people with children of special needs are moving to this district because of the services that they can recieve here, did you ever hear of the Ben P case?

Lord we do need you , but Andrea gotta go!

Not according to some moms I spoke to recently. They are having a hard time getting services for their children in Lackawanna. I personally never had a problem because I told them what my daughter needed and what I wanted for her. Parents just need to be vocal... They have the final say!!!

School Board Candidates

Thanks, Cath, for responding to the special needs issue - I had hoped you would!

Why would someone need legal action??? First off we are not even sure what the mother's have or have not done thus far for the child. We only have what was posted on a blog.. This is what I find so funny about all of the information shared on here...

I believe everyone has a lot of valuable information that they can share with others....sooooo I am hoping by now andreahaxton has reached out to the mothers in question and have given them either this blog site or the names of the parents who have offered to help. Maybe if these parents hear different ideas etc and try different options lawyers would not be necessary..

Maybe from the options above we wont tack on more legal fees to the tax payers as most of you have been talking about through this entire election...

Quote Originally Posted by mom3boys View Post
    Why would someone need legal action??? First off we are not even sure what the mother's have or have not done thus far for the child. We only have what was posted on a blog.. This is what I find so funny about all of the information shared on here...

I believe everyone has a lot of valuable information that they can share with others....sooooo I am hoping by now andreahaxton has reached out to the mothers in question and have given them either this blog site or the names of the parents who have offered to help. Maybe if these parents hear different ideas etc and try different options lawyers would not be necessary..

Maybe from the options above we wont tack on more legal fees to the tax payers as most of you have been talking about through this entire election...
    If the school is not doing what is required in a students IEP as a parent has instituted or a parent is not getting what they want to see their child strive in an educational setting and feel they have exhausted their options, the parents have a RIGHT to speak to a lawyer. Not once did I say to take legal action...I simply said that I know a lawyer that makes schools cringe when asked to intervene. Sometimes it is as simple as a phone call to the school to have them jump back on the right track as to what the parents seek.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3boys View Post
    First off we are not even sure what the mother's have or have not done thus far for the child. We only have what was posted on a blog..
    We are not sure what the schools have done or not done for the child either. It appears that you are assuming that these moms are slacking....my experience is if the parent isn't happy, it is not their doing but that of the educational setting. Most parents think they HAVE to abide by what the school "suggests" is best for their child. The parent knows their child BEST and they have the FINAL say as to what they want for their child in the educational setting. Most schools group all children with special needs together. Each child is different in every aspect as are those that are not special need students.

I have been an advocate for my child since birth as well as for other students in different districts. I have packed up during meetings simply because a district states "we don't do that for the others".....well, guess what, I wasn't there for what they do for the others at that point, I was there for ONE child to institute an INDIVIDUALIZED Educational Program, not to lump ALL special needs students into the same program. When asked why I was leaving, the above response was given to them and then they changed their position. Bottom line, I got what the parent wanted for their child.

Lawyers also hold classes for parents so they are aware of the laws and their rights within the educational setting for their children.

Andrea, please give these moms my number, I would be glad to speak to them and even advocate for them if they feel the need.
    Last edited by cath829; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Again this entire defense mechanisim on this blog is amazing. Plain and simple if you are willing to support the familes that need support that is what should be done.

To every point you have made, most familes don't know what options they have and how to counter act some of the answers they get. That is why experts such as yourself should list the options for them. Have a conversation with them and lead them in the right direction.

NOT ONCE DID I SAY ANYONE IS SLACKING...what people should have got from this is good energy should be spent on people who need help versus all this back and forth nonsense everyone continues to post without even knowing all the facts. Again, as you attacked me for trying to point out the obvious ..give people options when you (not attacking you, you stating from the post) speak to them...help them understand the options..That is what support is correct.

Thread Information