Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea blames Puerto Rican boyfriend for Foreclosures

So what do you think of the others that haven't paid? We are funding their salaries also and I must say a hell of alot more than $13,500 a year!! Code Enforcement alone is at $42,000 and I am sure the police and firemen make more than that without including their overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    No, not at all cath. What i mean is it may not be illegal for the teacher to date their 18 yr old student, but because of the position they hold it may not be the greatest idea.
    Not being able to afford to pay ones taxes is not the same thing as CONSCIOUSLY making a bad choice like you have referenced.
    Last edited by tiredofbs; November 7th, 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Um, owing taxes that are unpaid IS illegal. That is why they serve you with a TAX WARRANT if it is not paid.

You can defend her for everything else, but defending a politician for not paying taxes is just kinda pathetic.

I'm not attacking, I'm just stating a fact-- if you are in public service, where the people that put you there pay your salary--it is your responsibility to pay your taxes.
    Period.
    The end.

You can't compare it with Spitzer or anything else. Bottom line-- she has to pay her taxes and not paying them is illegal. I'm sure even Andrea will agree with that.
    Ok let's talk legal. Criminal and civil. I believe delinquent property tax falls under civil law. It is an infraction of a law that is not a crime. Therefore you are right you cannot compare the criminal activities of Spitzer to the non-criminal infraction of Ms. Haxton. Having financial difficulties is absolutely not a criminal act.
    Period.
    The end.

Angry

Um, owing taxes that are unpaid IS illegal. That is why they serve you with a TAX WARRANT if it is not paid.

You can defend her for everything else, but defending a politician for not paying taxes is just kinda pathetic.

I'm not attacking, I'm just stating a fact-- if you are in public service, where the people that put you there pay your salary--it is your responsibility to pay your taxes.
    Period.
    The end.

You can't compare it with Spitzer or anything else. Bottom line-- she has to pay her taxes and not paying them is illegal. I'm sure even Andrea will agree with that.

There are a lot of people in this city struggling to pay taxes seniors etc.. They have to wait until certian checks or monies come in and then pay. Look on the deliquent list and you will see one Roosevelt Jones a democratic committeeman connected to the "PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY" Fran Warthling who owes thousands more than anybody and yet gets away scott free while Ms. Haxton gets hammered by everyone over $800 bucks. Like Cath said if Ms.Haxton filled for bankruptcy none of this would even matter but for some reason she does not want the stigma attached to it and the ignorant stupid people keep hammering her on this. I hope one day all of you critics have money problems and you end up in a hole deeper than hers and have no way out while critics constantly hammer you.Remember what goes around eventually comes around.If you go after one person go after all no double standards!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post

There are a lot of people in this city struggling to pay taxes seniors etc.. They have to wait until certian checks or monies come in and then pay. Look on the deliquent list and you will see one Roosevelt Jones a democratic committeeman connected to the "PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY" Fran Warthling who owes thousands more than anybody and yet gets away scott free while Ms. Haxton gets hammered by everyone over $800 bucks. Like Cath said if Ms.Haxton filled for bankruptcy none of this would even matter but for some reason she does not want the stigma attached to it and the ignorant stupid people keep hammering her on this. I hope one day all of you critics have money problems and you end up in a hole deeper than hers and have no way out while critics constantly hammer you.Remember what goes around eventually comes around.If you go after one person go after all no double standards!!!!
    Do you read?

I said I wasn't attacking. I was stating fact. Some of you people are obsessive with your defense to the point you are now attacking people who aren't even attacking her. You are not helping your cause.

I will say it again. Bottom line. If you don't pay your taxes, it's illegal. Politicians are held to a higher standard because of their position. I don't care if it's for 50 dollars or 50000 dollars, they are politicians and are supposed to be setting the example.

If there are others besides Andrea who have not paid theirs, they need to be dealt with, too. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

The state came after me and garnished my wages over 400 bucks a few years ago. If they're going to do that to an ordinary citizen, I would expect politicians to be targeted even harder. After all--it's OUR money that pays their taxes.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Tax Warrant
    A warrant is the equivalent of a legal judgment against you and creates a lien against your real and personal property when filed. The warrant is a public record, on file at your County Clerk’s office and with the Secretary of State. It publicly acknowledges that you owe New York State taxes and may adversely affect your credit rating. It may make it difficult for you to get a loan or buy or sell real property. A warrant remains on file with the County
    Clerk and the Secretary of State until the tax liability is satisfied or the
    warrant expires.
    A filed tax warrant secures the state as a lienholder of your personal and real property and empowers the department to use certain collection procedures.

We are talking property tax....not income tax, sales and use tax, withholding tax, corporation tax,
    Alcoholic beverage tax
    Beverage container tax
    Boxing and wrestling exhibitions tax
    Cigarette and tobacco products tax
    Estate tax
    Fuel use tax (IFTA)
    Gasoline and similar motor fuel tax
    Hazardous waste tax
    Highway use tax
    Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (MCTMT)
    Mortgage recording tax
    Petroleum business tax
    Real estate transfer tax
    Stock transfer tax
    Waste tire management fee
    The city has procedures in place under their own code for property tax. Not illegal.
    Last edited by cath829; November 7th, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Tax Warrant
    A warrant is the equivalent of a legal judgment against you and creates a lien against your real and personal property when filed. The warrant is a public record, on file at your County Clerk’s office and with the Secretary of State. It publicly acknowledges that you owe New York State taxes and may adversely affect your credit rating. It may make it difficult for you to get a loan or buy or sell real property. A warrant remains on file with the County
    Clerk and the Secretary of State until the tax liability is satisfied or the
    warrant expires.
    A filed tax warrant secures the state as a lienholder of your personal and real property and empowers the department to use certain collection procedures.

We are talking property tax....not income tax, sales and use tax, withholding tax, corporation tax,
    Alcoholic beverage tax
    Beverage container tax
    Boxing and wrestling exhibitions tax
    Cigarette and tobacco products tax
    Estate tax
    Fuel use tax (IFTA)
    Gasoline and similar motor fuel tax
    Hazardous waste tax
    Highway use tax
    Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (MCTMT)
    Mortgage recording tax
    Petroleum business tax
    Real estate transfer tax
    Stock transfer tax
    Waste tire management fee
    The city has procedures in place under their own code for property tax. Not illegal.
    I'm sorry, are you high? Seriously??

You're ACTUALLY trying to tell everyone here that NOT paying your taxes is legal?

I think I actually just threw up a little from laughing so hard...

[Originally Posted by keyboard150]The state came after me and garnished my wages over 400 bucks a few years ago. If they're going to do that to an ordinary citizen, I would expect politicians to be targeted even harder. After all--it's OUR money that pays their taxes.

You obviously owed the state something......big difference from city.

I'm sorry, are you high? Seriously??

You're ACTUALLY trying to tell everyone here that NOT paying your taxes is legal?

I think I actually just threw up a little from laughing so hard...
    State tax vs. city tax.....not high, just correct. You OWED the state not Buffalo.

Are you just a little pissed off because the state enforced its law on you? Again...STATE of NEW YORK vs. City of Lackawanna tax procedures. If you choose not to pay your child support......STATE. If you choose not to pay income tax.....STATE. If you choose not to pay your property tax....CITY/TOWN and or COUNTY. Not state.

Angry

Do you read?

I said I wasn't attacking. I was stating fact. Some of you people are obsessive with your defense to the point you are now attacking people who aren't even attacking her. You are not helping your cause.

I will say it again. Bottom line. If you don't pay your taxes, it's illegal. Politicians are held to a higher standard because of their position. I don't care if it's for 50 dollars or 50000 dollars, they are politicians and are supposed to be setting the example.

If there are others besides Andrea who have not paid theirs, they need to be dealt with, too. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

The state came after me and garnished my wages over 400 bucks a few years ago. If they're going to do that to an ordinary citizen, I would expect politicians to be targeted even harder. After all--it's OUR money that pays their taxes.
    Do you even know why these god ol boys came after Ms.Haxton in the first place? Because she exposed the purchase of the mayors SUV. The guy who issued her summons Mr.Bremer owes even more than she does. DOUBLE STANDARD the peice of crap Bremer should be subjected to the same INHUMANE treatment Ms.Haxton recieved in my opinon even worse because he is a hypocrite... I am done with this stupidity.....

Private Message: hey sandy
    November 4th, 2009, 10:47 AM
    la_rez
    Gold Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY SANDY. YOU DOT FOOL ANYONE. GOOD LUCK RUNNING AGAIN! BUT I WILL BE SURE THAT YOU DONT SNIFF NOT ONE VOTE FROM THE FIRST WARD.

This is a PM la_rez yelled at me. I am not Sandy, but she should know that if she runs again (runs for what??), she will not "sniff out one vote from the first ward". la_rez is stating that the first ward votes as he wishes and he likes to threaten to use his vast and mighty power. I thought people were free to vote however they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Are you just a little pissed off because the state enforced its law on you? Again...STATE of NEW YORK vs. City of Lackawanna tax procedures. If you choose not to pay your child support......STATE. If you choose not to pay income tax.....STATE. If you choose not to pay your property tax....CITY/TOWN and or COUNTY. Not state.
    Grow up Cath.

You really are a stupid person. I wasn't attacking Andrea, I was stating fact.

Grow up.

It doesn't matter who owes taxes to what, you idiot. They are still required to pay.

And a politician should be held to a higher standard. You really are pathetic with how much you support someone--even on the things that they are clearly wrong about.
    I took Andrea's side and gave her the benefit of the doubt on the other issues, which you clearly ignored.

You're just looking for a fight. Apparently that's all you have to do in Lackawanna.

There is no difference who you owe taxes to. It's a tax, and its owed, and it's against the law if you don't pay it. Period.

I can't believe you are really making an argument out of this. It really goes to show how closed minded you are.

Oh, ok keyboard. Not making an argument at all....just showing you the facts, which you do not agree with. It is not "illegal" to owe property tax. Whatever you owed is what you owed.....to the STATE.....either way, really not ANY of our business, is it? Don't like being called on it? Can you "not dif·fer·en·ti·ate" between city and state? I never suggested once that you were attacking Andrea. I was merely showing you another side to your train of thought. You are the one who said the STATE garnished your wages....the STATE....was it for "property" tax? Think not.

IF it was illegal.....do you NOT think the City would have taken her down already? Where did you jump in on the conversation of Andrea......2008/2009? Or from the beginning of 2006 when she took office?? How much do YOU really know? Not attacking......asking a simple question. How much do your know of the "truth" to Andrea Haxton? What you hear and read here? The papers? Where??? Truthfully.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information