Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Slumlord(ess) Andrea Haxton?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    I just think that you need to be up front about this. Are you really somebody offering solutions or are you part of the problem by not paying your taxes and/or not fixing up your building?

Selling the building to somebody who's your long-time partner for $1 just so that you can say that you don't own the building any more is simply hypocracy and makes you no better than the people you rail against.

Since I'm not a stake-holder in Lackawanna, I see the issues with more neutrality than both your posse and your detractors.
    I have personally seen Edwin Cleaning out the building and I'm sure he has plans to fix it up. Who should we judge just because she sold it to someone she knows. It is in good hands with Edwin. He's a very skilled worker and if he wants to brighten up Lackawanna just because his partner don't have the means too all power to him!

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie_whitfield View Post
    i have personally seen edwin cleaning out the building and i'm sure he has plans to fix it up. Who should we judge just because she sold it to someone she knows. It is in good hands with edwin. He's a very skilled worker and if he wants to brighten up lackawanna just because his partner don't have the means too all power to him!
    how ca he fix it up when he cant even pay the taxes on it. Not slammin him but it would be impossible for him to fix that dump.

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    how ca he fix it up when he cant even pay the taxes on it. Not slammin him but it would be impossible for him to fix that dump.
    Not Impossible! and speaking of a dump whats going on with That dump on ridge road..that huge store that was Arabic owned????? Now thats an eyesore

And Andrea's old store is not a dump , i totally think it is fixable. There has been other buildings in worse shape here in the 1st ward that were repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Whitfield View Post
    Not Impossible! and speaking of a dump whats going on with That dump on ridge road..that huge store that was Arabic owned????? Now thats an eyesore

And Andrea's old store is not a dump , i totally think it is fixable. There has been other buildings in worse shape here in the 1st ward that were repaired.
    That building just sold for 100k. Its in excellent condition for your info

Why doesn't anybody ever ask why our city's buisness taxes are high.If you even own a four family house look out.Personally I think the amount of taxes Ms.Haxton was charged to begin with was outrageous...maybe that's is another reason why our city can't keep any small buisnesses combined with all the NYS taxes it has to just kill them. I am surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why doesn't anybody ever ask why our city's buisness taxes are high.If you even own a four family house look out.Personally I think the amount of taxes Ms.Haxton was charged to begin with was outrageous...maybe that's is another reason why our city can't keep any small buisnesses combined with all the NYS taxes it has to just kill them. I am surprised this doesn't happen more often.
    Ur right. They are high. She knew that when she bought the property. Should have thought about that then.

Ur right. They are high. She knew that when she bought the property. Should have thought about that then.
    Yeah, and Noman should have thought about the money he was taking in loans that he couldn't pay back that his creditors had to get judgements against him. There is no defense to your position. Turn it around and upside down all you want, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Yeah, and Noman should have thought about the money he was taking in loans that he couldn't pay back that his creditors had to get judgements against him. There is no defense to your position. Turn it around and upside down all you want, you're wrong.
    here we go again. prove it that he owes anybody. PROVE IT BUSTER!!!

here we go again. prove it that he owes anybody. PROVE IT BUSTER!!!
    I don't have judgements against me. I'm no expert at court matters, but wouldn't the clerks office take these judgements off their website if they were paid? I checked my name while I was there...squeaky clean...not bad for a girl huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ynotnow View Post
    i don't have judgements against me. I'm no expert at court matters, but wouldn't the clerks office take these judgements off their website if they were paid? I checked my name while i was there...squeaky clean...not bad for a girl huh?
    i didnt think so!!

i didnt think so!!
    What? That I'm a girl? That I have no money problems? Who cares what you think.

That building just sold for 100k. Its in excellent condition for your info
    Were the Cockroaches included? I wouldn't say in Excellent condition, Maybe useable condition but maybe the guy that runs the store at the corner of Holland and Eaton can show whoever how to fix the front for that building....I Must say congrats what an inprovement!

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Having judgements against one is entirely different from owing property taxes and being cited for having a building in disrepair. There may or may not be extenuating circumstances for somebody having liens filed against him/her. What excuse can there be for not paying property taxes or being a slumlord while running for public office? What excuse can there be for Ms Haxton not keeping her building in good repair when she had tenants living in it? Either she bought a building that was in poor condition or she allowed it to slip into disrepair. She failed to pay the taxes on it for a while. If she had financial problems, then she should have put the building on the open market to get whatever she could get. Instead, she sold it to her long-term partner/boyfriend/live-in for $1 so that she could claim that she no longer owns the building.

Sorry, but operating this way smacks of the same schnit that has always been going on in the poor areas of Buffalo and Lackawanna for decades. Ms Haxton doesn't seem to be much different than the pols she's been complaining about. Just because the supposed "machine" people "get away" with not paying taxes and having property in disrepair (that's the accusation from Ms Haxton's supporters at least) doesn't give Ms Haxton a free pass to do the same. Ever hear the old saw, "two wrongs don't make a right"? Well, that's the case here.

Having judgements against one is entirely different from owing property taxes and being cited for having a building in disrepair. There may or may not be extenuating circumstances for somebody having liens filed against him/her. What excuse can there be for not paying property taxes or being a slumlord while running for public office? What excuse can there be for Ms Haxton not keeping her building in good repair when she had tenants living in it? Either she bought a building that was in poor condition or she allowed it to slip into disrepair. She failed to pay the taxes on it for a while. If she had financial problems, then she should have put the building on the open market to get whatever she could get. Instead, she sold it to her long-term partner/boyfriend/live-in for $1 so that she could claim that she no longer owns the building.

Sorry, but operating this way smacks of the same schnit that has always been going on in the poor areas of Buffalo and Lackawanna for decades. Ms Haxton doesn't seem to be much different than the pols she's been complaining about. Just because the supposed "machine" people "get away" with not paying taxes and having property in disrepair (that's the accusation from Ms Haxton's supporters at least) doesn't give Ms Haxton a free pass to do the same. Ever hear the old saw, "two wrongs don't make a right"? Well, that's the case here.
    Linda, Think you should talk to Andrea about the struggle she had trying to sell the building.
    You really should get the facts streight from the horses mouth. What you are saying is far from the truth. Give her a chance and sit down and talk to her. She's open about everything and I'm sure she has much evidence to back herself up. You just have no idea how much black tape the city has going on and how they made thinks more difficult on her just because of who she is.

Yeah, and the same goes for him what they say about her, if he can't handle his own finances why should he handle the city's? You must have seen her on the news and believed what they reported. I'ma gonna say it one more time Linda D., power drunk city hall has purposely wrecked havoc on her personal life using every trick at their disposal because she wants to put a stop to rampant corruption. Do you get it? They are corrupt and have done this to her on purpose! Sheesh lady, I know Chautauqua County doesn't have corruption in politics, but Lackawanna has let it flourish like a petri dish. Councilwoman Haxton's phone number is on the city web, why don't you call her and get it straight from the horse's mouth?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information