Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna news

Z-man running for mayor? Wow....this election is going to be so interesting. Wonder how many more will be coming out soon.

Post Lots... Especially for Council Pres!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Z-man running for mayor? Wow....this election is going to be so interesting. Wonder how many more will be coming out soon.
    With me anywhere in the race, I am fully aware that "the party" will put any horse in the race to block me. Seabiscuit.

This is meant in no-offense to any other candidate, I wish everyone well and believe the more the merrier!
    Glad to hear Officer Z might throw his hat in the ring---he is a very astute businessman!

Police Shoot Drug Suspect in Lackawanna

LACKAWANNA, N.Y. (WGRZ) -- Sources tell 2 On Your Side police in Lackawanna have shot a suspected drug dealer following a sting operation involving an undercover officer.

We're told the shooting happened at a gas station at the intersection of Grant and Abbott, after officers swarmed in to make an arrest following a drug purchase from the undercover officer. Authorities say the suspect tried to run over several officers. One fired at the suspect and hit him. The condition of the suspect and the officers is not known.

2 On Your Side is at the scene. We will have more on wgrz.com and on 2 On Your Side at 10 on MyTV and on Channel 2 News Tonight at 11.

Hopefully the officers are ok. The city needs to get a hell of a lot tougher on the drug problem. More outside undercover people are needed maybe?

By T.J. Pignataro

News Staff Reporter

Published:
    February 25, 2011, 12:46 AM

2 Comments
    Font Size:
    -2-1Standard+1+2E-mailSharePrintFacebookTwitterGoogleRedditDelicious Stumble UponDiggFarkMySpaceUpdated: February 25, 2011, 12:59 AM

A drug suspect died when he was shot by police about 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Noco gas station at Grant and Abbott roads in Lackawanna, authorities said.

The incident occurred during an undercover drug sting operation by Lackawanna Police and Erie County sheriff's officials, authorities said. When officers converged on the minivan with four suspects, the male driver slammed the vehicle into reverse in an effort to escape, striking an undercover detective and pinning him against the undercover police vehicle, also a minivan, authorities said.

According to law enforcement sources, the driver then repeated the maneuver a second time in an attempt to escape. The officer then fired his service weapon through the back window of the suspects' vehicle, killing a suspect in the back seat, authorities said.

"Deadly force can take many forms," said Thomas Burton, the attorney representing the officer. "This one happened to have four wheels in reverse. The officer is very, very lucky."

Burton said the driver of the vehicle "knew the gig was up" and that's why he accelerated his minivan to escape police.

Three officers were injured, two seriously enough to be taken to the Erie County Medical Center for treatment. Their injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Lackawanna police, who were still at the gas station early today, had yet to issue a statement on the shooting. The names of the suspects and officers were not available. The investigation was continuing.

tpignataro@buffnews.comnull
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prayers to all involved in this incident. Thank you to the officers for risking your lives every day in order to keep the rest of us safe.

Post Amen To That!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Prayers to all involved in this incident. Thank you to the officers for risking your lives every day in order to keep the rest of us safe.
    Why is there so much drug activity ALL over Lackawanna? I realize drugs are running rampant everywhere, no community is left untouched, but we are very small and lots of people know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

Why is there so much drug activity ALL over Lackawanna? I realize drugs are running rampant everywhere, no community is left untouched, but we are very small and lots of people know each other.
    Its most likely the school boards fault or mayors fault ,its a conspiracy theory! Or MAMMA CASH NEEDS MONEY FOR DELIVERING THEM IN HER VOLKSWAGON!

Here you go again....

Lackawanna News

I just wanted to express my thoughts about the recent incident surrounding the drug bust. I can't imagine what the police who were involved are going through right now. I know that I am guilty of forgetting just how DANGEROUS your job can be.
    Thank you for everything you do to keep our City safe.
    Thank you for risking your lives for us.

Post What Are YOU talking About?

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Its most likely the school boards fault or mayors fault ,its a conspiracy theory! Or MAMMA CASH NEEDS MONEY FOR DELIVERING THEM IN HER VOLKSWAGON!
    "MAMMA CASH"?
    Is that your wife?

Lack1, do you " lack " the courage to fully explain with only the facts regarding whatever you are stating and then stand behind your accusations?

Or do you have the Courage/Strength/Guts like I do when I make a statement about someone an incident or issue?

Yes or No?

"MAMMA CASH"?
    Is that your wife?

Lack1, do you " lack " the courage to fully explain with only the facts regarding whatever you are stating and then stand behind your accusations?

Or do you have the Courage/Strength/Guts like I do when I make a statement about someone an incident or issue?

Yes or No?
    No accusation, Did you think I was talking about you? Why, do you know someone named mamma cash? Please elaborate for everyone here to know exactly what you are talking about. What proverb does this fall under?
    Ps. No wifey here

Buffalo News said "The van's driver, Derrick "Murder" Nailor, who has been arrested 27 times"

WTF?
    why was he still on the streets?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    No accusation, Did you think I was talking about you? Why, do you know someone named mamma cash? Please elaborate for everyone here to know exactly what you are talking about. What proverb does this fall under?
    Ps. No wifey here
    You used Mama Cash before referring to Andrea...you are the one in need of elaborating for everyone here to know exactly what you are talking about

"MAMMA CASH"?
    Is that your wife?

Yes or No?
    Please read your posts before you hit reply, furthermore read all your posts. Now all of a sudden after you make thousands of false accusations, something that someone else posts bothers you and you want them to fully explain with only facts, Are you kidding me , practice what you preach!

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information