Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Ferguson Timelines

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

I'm happy to keep an open mind about it. As I said, I should be trusting the police in this, but how can I? They have shown nothing but incompetence. Of course you just couldn't post in a thread without insulting someone, right? Its your superpower.
    How can a property owner/net tax payer really trust any elected official or government appointed employee anymore?

We have so many examples of mis-truths it isn't funny anymore.

The Associated Press reported:

"Darren Wilson, a 28-year-old white officer, has patrolled suburban St. Louis for six years and had no complaints filed against him, Jackson said"

"The tension eased Thursday after the governor turned oversight of the protests over to the Missouri Highway Patrol.

Within hours, the mood on the street lighted, with state troopers walking side-by-side with peaceful protesters and no hint of violence.

Gone were the police in riot gear and armored vehicles, pointing assault rifles at protesters and firing tear gas into crowds"

[QUOTE=leftWNYbecauseofBS;1415828]Regarding the militarized police. I get your perspective but a couple things to consider:

1 - There were riots. Riots call for riot suppression. See images below

2 - I watched a clip of the reporter who was released said that first they used smoke bombs. People dispersed but once they realized it was not tear gas they reformed. Then tear gas was used.

Where was it "quoted" the COPS used smoke instead of tear gas - I must have missed that ? ?

3 - Last night was what the 5th night since the shooting. I think that and simply a different police force played a part..just as I think not looking at police in riot gear also played a part.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Or after 5 nights there is nothing left to steal or burn.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Were you there? What are you basing your claim that it was a small minority of people who participated in the riots?

Furthermore, calling this a murder makes you look like a fool and shows your obviously not interested in the truth. Just another one of the masses I guess.

As for multiple witnesses...are you saying that there is no possibility they could be lying? Snitches get stiches and it's been made clear there are preexisting tensions between the police department and the community. It's not like there has ever been a case of black people lying about this stuff.

I mean how could it be plausible that a guy who just did a strongarm robbery 10 minutes before possibly charge and fight with a cop. Right? It must be murder. Idiot.
    Is there any crime against blacks that you won't excuse, condone or applaud, Lefty? Your racism bleeds through in many of your posts on this website but this one takes the cake.

By all reports, this young man was NOT threatening the police officer but was backing away. He wasn't armed. His size or his possible involvement in a crime in the recent past does NOT justify the police officer shooting him because, in case you forgot, the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" also applies to black people.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    By all reports, this young man was NOT threatening the police officer but was backing away. He wasn't armed. His size or his possible involvement in a crime in the recent past does NOT justify the police officer shooting him because, in case you forgot, the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" also applies to black people.
    Very valid point. Unless the guy shot at the cop or was holding/swinging something that would really cause bodily harm why would you shoot him. Currently from what I have skimmed/heard on TV there was distance between the cop/man.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Actually, the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" has absolutely nothing to do with police use of force. Put plainly, although the officer did not know that he had committed this robbery, Brown certainly knew he had committed this violence offense.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Actually, the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" has absolutely nothing to do with police use of force.
    You really are part of the problem Bob.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Actually, BB and many more like him are but symptoms - - he is but a overt example of one of millions who were unknowingly brain washed by entitlement training (no school - no course outline just a inbred/reinforced belief in entitlement through loyalty).

He's a soldier who defends his own ego - many otherwise good people have fallen victim of this tax funded system.

SHHHHHHH - Don't wake him now - a few more months and he walks to his earned reward - enjoy - good health and may all your dreams come true - each and everyone !

Chances are that both the cop and the dead thug are/were lying thieving scumbags.

When the two cross paths things happen.

You've got to love the kick in the gut that video represented to all the fools that tried forwarding the "he was a gentle giant who minded his own business and was going to college"...sorry gang, he was another typical street scum. Shocking, right?

The video clearly shows a large black person shove a smaller man - no more violence then that! - If that was this young man - he did that while taking some cigars. A low grade crime at best.

Yet some described it as a vicious, violent strong arm robbery - no weapon - no physical combat - one shove and he fled.

Later, a lone officer see's two young black men walking in the street - something occurred that led to a trained officer taking multiple shots - at least one struck and killed the young black man.

Unfortunately this is nothing new in America - we don't want to believe it - but its all too common. We saw it in a local bar where a young soldier is now dead - we see daily videos where people are bullied then arrested on trumped up charges(strategically charged) - we see all too often people tear gases for sitting peacefully in protest.

See it how you may - blame who you want - what should be done on all sides to stop it ?

The cop is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That is how our system works. It was bad the state cop was apologizing.. why, for what? It just legitimizes the looting and lawlessness which is what we have now! When does the mob decide who is innocent and who is guilty?

Can you brandish a weapon if a 6-4 person is shoving you? Threatening you? What happens if they don't back off? Who knows maybe the cop was wrong, maybe the kid was wrong. No one knows at this time because everyone lies at this stage of he game. I can say that the kid did notappear to be a gentle giant on video to that store clerk. Like I said everyone lies.

The real problem is what happens if the cop IS found innocent? That's the crux.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Autopsy results enough to charge officer, Brown family attorney says

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- An independent autopsy into the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, provides "ample" evidence to support the arrest of the police officer who shot him, family attorney Daryl Parks said Monday at a news conference.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/mis...html?hpt=hp_t1

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    YouTube video captures purported witness backing police version in Ferguson shooting

A purported conversation captured on a YouTube video apparently shot in the immediate aftermath of the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown has a possible witness saying the unarmed 18-year-old charged at the officer who fired the shots that have led to more than a week of sometimes violent demonstrations in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/18...n-in-ferguson/

Not good news for the cop.

300 lb man charging at you and you already have a drawn firearm. The law will clear him. The politics, he is screwed

b.b.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information