Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poloncarz is a CANCER to Erie County

Poloncarz is a CANCER to Erie County

This guys got to GO!
    BUFFALO, NY - Should there be an "Erie County Road Fund"? Members of the Erie County Legislature majority believe so and they are proposing a local law to direct any and all excess revenues generated by the county to the fund.
    Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs says extra revenue from the auto bureau comes primarily from motor vehicle fees and taxes. It's estimated that more than $15 million dollars would be generated for the Road Fund to pay for repairs and upkeep of county roads and bridges.
    Currently the extra funds are poured into the County's general fund.
    Jacobs says it only makes sense to use the funds for the roads. "It's much more in line with what a fee should be. If you're paying to renew your registration or your license that ... the additional revenue should go to the roads that you're driving your car on," he said.
    Erie County Executive Mark Polancarz calls this proposal "another fiscal gimmick that just shows that they're trying to pander to the public in an election year. But what it would require is the raising of the taxes, because if you took $15 million dollars out of the general fund and dedicated it solely for road work, you'd have to find a way to pay for that, those other services, or cut those services. We'd have to make a conscious decision: do we cut arts and culturals, public health programs that are funded out of the general fund."
    Erie County Legislator Ed Rath III, a Republican, disagrees with the County Executive. "Right now the county is carrying surpluses year after year," he said.
    If approved by legislators, the law would need to be voted on in a November referendum.
    Mark Poloncarz:
    "I'm not going to cut parks, I'm not going to cut social services just to pander to the public"
    pan·der

ˈpandər/

verb

gratify or indulge
    synonyms: satisfy, cater to, give in to, accommodate, comply with

Isn't Mark Poloncarz job to " satisfy, cater to, give in to, accommodate" the public? Or are we living in a totalitarian state already?

It IS time to cut the social services. 98% of property tax in Erie County goes to medicaid. Anyone who has worked in the medical field can attest to the waste and abuse that goes on. State mandate or not, it has to stop. Roads come first for the working people to get to their jobs and pay the ridiculous taxes.

Absolutely 100% of the fees from the DMV should go to roads. Those are fees paid explicitly for the privilege to drive they are not taxes for idiots like Poloncarz to do as he wishes. The county roads in particular around here are down right DISGRACEFUL! I don't offer props to elected officials that often but Jacobs and Rath deserve it on this one. This is something that needs to be changed and it starts with firing Polocarz.

Actually, Mark Poloncarz is the one "pandering" to his voting base when he refuses to take away any of the freebies. What a hypocrite!

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/polit...unty/70567946/
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Polonacarz has served his purpose - getting rid of Chris Collins the six sigma fool who didn't understand that the object of government is not to make a profit. Just for that we are indebted to Polonarcarz, but I agree that Chris Jacobs would make a good county executive and I'll support him if he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Polonacarz has served his purpose - getting rid of Chris Collins the six sigma fool who didn't understand that the object of government is not to make a profit. Just for that we are indebted to Polonarcarz, but I agree that Chris Jacobs would make a good county executive and I'll support him if he runs.
    I wholeheartedly agree!

When you consider the previous two county executives (Chris Collins and Joel Giambra) it seems to me that Mark Poloncarz has restored respectability and appropriateness to the office. Heck, he got the county off the front pages where it suffered years of mockery and ridicule.

And with regard to the whiny, crybaby GOP types and the road funding, isn't that the definition of pandering, Buffy??? And then we have those sleepy, unprepared Republican southtown highway superintendents who were wholly unprepared for the snow storm last year. The one GOP fellow, from Boston, whined so much about a small dispute with the county that he put his residents at risk by not communicating with the county during that storm.

Isn't that all we get from these GOP types? Whining, pouting, oh 'pity me' boo hoo hoo, 'I'm a Republican and I have no credibility whatsoever.' Boo hoo.

Talk about an incompetent post! 'Cancer' now that's ridiculous to say the least. But, consider the source!

Fortunately, in the real world NY The Vampire State and Buffy have very little power and/or influence over voters' decision-making.

getting rid of Chris Collins the six sigma fool who didn't understand that the object of government is not to make a profit.

It is both sad and funny to see people like yourself make comments like this. Collins has lapped you countless times in life.

Envy is really a bitch I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    And with regard to the whiny, crybaby GOP types and the road funding, isn't that the definition of pandering.
    Actually, idiot, it's not. Taking care of the roads in the areas where the majority of the tax revenue from the county comes from is providing a return on investment. Pandering is when you do and say things to appease the public at large. If anything, Collins did the opposite. Pandering is holding strong on funding for social services when there is clear and blatant waste in the system.

To a Democrat the object of government is to provide government jobs.

which is WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    It is both sad and funny to see people like yourself make comments like this. Collins has lapped you countless times in life.

Envy is really a bitch I suppose.

Actually, idiot, it's not. Taking care of the roads in the areas where the majority of the tax revenue from the county comes from is providing a return on investment. Pandering is when you do and say things to appease the public at large. If anything, Collins did the opposite. Pandering is holding strong on funding for social services when there is clear and blatant waste in the system.
    I would think "Idiotsy" by definition is leaving behind a community due to "BS" and still chiming into that community and telling people who is good for them. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Poloncarz bent over backwards to provide his brother, Rob, with a family government job. Rob the Chef was gifted a job with the Erie County Water Authority before he was moved to the EC board of Elections. I think that's where Vamps use of the word "cancer" might be defendable.
    Is that all ya got????

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    To a Democrat the object of government is to provide government jobs.

which is WRONG.
    A county executive is elected to manage government, he or she is not elected to turn a profit - something Chris Collins never grasped.

And when you promise the electorate that you won't run again for public office, you should keep your promise. something else Chris Collins didn't grasp.

The guy is a cancer because he refuses to look at whats going on, only perpetuates the dysfunction. His thought process and self serving attitude kills Erie County. Highest taxes in the country, Medicaid overwhelming everything else and bloated government. His solution is MORE taxes.

Do peope like Breezy and Mark Poloncarz really want Erie County to be the social service capital of America? Is that the title we want to hold forever?
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; March 30th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Do peope like Breezy and Mark Poloncarz really want Erie County to be the social service capital of America? Is that the title we want to hold forever?
    HaHa! Thanks, NY The Vampire State. Anytime I'm mentioned in the same sentence as Mark Poloncarz is a HIGH HONOR to me!! Thanks, again.

I am not worthy, NY The Vampire State, but thanks anyway. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Sorry, but "pandering" is when a politician says and does things to appease or appeal only to his/her voting constituency. The perfect example is all the stupid NY Republican candidates in the last election who constantly carried on about gun control and same sex marriage like those were the biggest issues facing the voters.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Sorry, but "pandering" is when a politician says and does things to appease or appeal only to his/her voting constituency. The perfect example is all the stupid NY Republican candidates in the last election who constantly carried on about gun control and same sex marriage like those were the biggest issues facing the voters.
    You know better. Road repair isn't pandering. Road repair is a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    HaHa! Thanks, NY The Vampire State. Anytime I'm mentioned in the same sentence as Mark Poloncarz is a HIGH HONOR to me!! Thanks, again.

I am not worthy, NY The Vampire State, but thanks anyway. WOW
    So answer the question....

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    So answer the question....
    I think we definitely need a strong safety net, but that does not mean anything goes.

Here's an example: Chris Collins closed the three county health clinics serving mostly poor people in Buffalo, yet, the clinics were actually turning a profit for the county. Well, from my view, that was a cold-hearted mistake, especially since the clinics were turning a profit. Mark Poloncarz reopened one of the three last year, and I support that. After all, the clinic was turning a profit before it was shuttered by Collins, and once closed I would assume that people simply went to the emergency room for treatment, at a huge cost to taxpayers.

Your angst here is very misleading anyway, in terms of Poloncarz and the "Highest taxes in the country, Medicaid overwhelming everything else and bloated government. His solution is MORE taxes." As a homeowner myself, I've read a lot over the years about that, and like you I sure do not like taxes, but you are anything but fair. Heck, you mislead readers, NY The Vampire State.

It's the schools and local governments that provide the taxes that go way over the top, not the county or Poloncarz. The county is the lowest tax, and the county here (Erie County) is among the lowest of the low in the State of New York. Poloncarz has ZERO influence on the school tax or the town/village tax.

Are you sure you're not referring to Dino's town taxes???

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You know better. Road repair isn't pandering. Road repair is a necessity.
    It's pandering because the Erie County road program is already well funded and the Republicans put this malarkey up in order to make it appear that the Democrats are ignoring our road/bridge infrastructure.

I'll check, but my understanding is that Poloncarz has slated more funding for roads and bridges than either of his two predecessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information