Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overtime or Regular time?

Overtime or Regular time?

First of all I'm not criticizing, I just want to educate myself because I am a taxpayer. I have noticed in the past couple of weeks while walking my dog, West Seneca parks trucks driving around and also parked at about 5pm-7pm. Once one was parked on the Mill st park for some time and a few other times workers were sitting in their trucks at the Soccer park. All times there seemed to be 2 people inside the truck. If the workers are just working a second shift and taking a break that is completely understandable but if workers are getting overtime for this I would have a complaint. Thank you for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    First of all I'm not criticizing, I just want to educate myself because I am a taxpayer. I have noticed in the past couple of weeks while walking my dog, West Seneca parks trucks driving around and also parked at about 5pm-7pm. Once one was parked on the Mill st park for some time and a few other times workers were sitting in their trucks at the Soccer park. All times there seemed to be 2 people inside the truck. If the workers are just working a second shift and taking a break that is completely understandable but if workers are getting overtime for this I would have a complaint. Thank you for reading.
    How far are these locations from the department?

When I worked summers for the Town of Amherst there were so focused on not having overtime that we would literally drive to the neighborhoods near the department and then wait for 10 minutes or so before we drove in. This ensured that OT did not happen but it also ensured that the day was shortened by 30 to 45 minutes depending on where in the town you were working.

those 2 people you speak of make minimum wage and are in charge of picking up the parks after 330, and cleaning up and locking the bathrooms up at night at the parks where there are bathrooms. if i had to guess, the reason there are 2 is for safety purposes, or training.

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman View Post

those 2 people you speak of make minimum wage and are in charge of picking up the parks after 330, and cleaning up and locking the bathrooms up at night at the parks where there are bathrooms. if i had to guess, the reason there are 2 is for safety purposes, or training.
    http://seethroughny.net/payrolls/towns Search West Seneca, sub-agency NYSLRS - General Employee

19 Employees make more than $80k a year. Do you think it's an accident that a garbageman makes in the 70s?

You just make that up?

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    You just make that up?
    No, why would I make that up?

WSFirst
    Sorry, 20 employees make more than $80k a year and 43 employees make more than $70k. Names of the employees removed and no police were included in the results. Source: http://seethroughny.net/payrolls

Last year, the legacy cost for town employees excluding former police was $3.4 million. Source: http://seethroughny.net/pensions

West Seneca $130,562 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $129,650 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $103,595 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $100,673 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $97,003 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $94,045 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $92,611 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $89,048 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $88,243 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $87,477 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $85,818 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $85,442 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $84,449 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $84,167 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $83,044 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $82,412 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $82,112 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $81,688 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $81,553 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $80,084 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $78,472 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $78,428 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $77,881 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $76,764 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $76,761 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $76,383 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $76,297 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $75,153 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $74,608 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $73,634 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $73,015 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $72,843 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $72,467 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $72,384 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $72,353 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $72,321 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $71,798 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $71,380 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $70,701 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $70,466 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $70,450 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $70,074 NYSLRS - General Employee
    West Seneca $70,026 NYSLRS - General Employee

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You need to include benefit/health care costs to give the true pay per employee

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You need to include benefit/health care costs to give the true pay per employee
    How can I obtain that information?

Thank you for the input WNYFIRST. Last week I was at the Soccer complex again this time watching a nieces soccer game at a field near the second shifters parked truck by the concession stand. No work being done that I observed, for the approx. 90 minutes I was there.They got out of the truck a few times, talked to some people and went to the rest room. The truck did not move during that entire time. It just seems very arrogant of them to do that in front of the many taxpayers of West Seneca. Hopefully a Town employee will read this and tell them to at least drive around and look busy. LOL

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post
    How can I obtain that information?

I assume you would have to FOIL the request to ask.

Anyone know the average cost of the health care package WS employees receive for their salary?

I'm pretty sure in Cheektowaga many employees receive a family plan that tops over 21k+.. Correct me if I am wrong.

So when an employees says they only make $65,000 a year they are intentionally leave off the 20k+ along with what they are paid in pension contributions.

http://www.city-data.com/city/West-Seneca-New-York.html

I see your town is losing population just like Cheektowaga. -2.7% since 2000

WSFirst

WSFirst

WSFirst

Indeed it is true! Benefits. I know this is an old post but couldn't resist a reply. It has been many years since I have visited this site. Besides, I love love love minions! I remember when my husband and I visited you in 2005 or was it 2006? It is always good to see this site is still here!! Smiling...
    On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information