Thread: Lou Reuter Dead

Unregistered

Lou Reuter Dead

Louis M. Reuter Jr., Ken-Ton coach, board member

August 18, 2009, 5:41 AM

Dec. 20, 1934—Aug. 17, 2009

Louis Michael Reuter Jr., a teacher, coach and School Board member in the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School District, died Monday in his Town of Tonawanda home after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 74.

Mr. Reuter started teaching social studies and coaching football at Kenmore East High School in 1963 and had occasional stints as coach at rival Kenmore West High School. Although he retired in from teaching in 2000, he continued as football coach and a substitute teacher for several more years.

The first practice of the season had just started Monday when current Kenmore East football coach Matt Chimera got the news that Mr. Reuter had passed away. The team took a knee and said a prayer in his memory.

“From what I know of Kenmore East football, he is Kenmore East football,” Chimera said. “Up until last year, he and Sparky Adams were probably at—if not every practice, 90 percent of practices. They’d get the day started for us—prepractice is what we’d call it. Then we’d get a half hour into practice, and they would leave—they did their part. It was great.

“[His impact on the students] was just huge. It was just the tradition that he brought, the stories, the vocabulary that he used—words that I didn’t even know existed that he used to use with the kids and then they’d use with him.”

“His speeches before the game and at halftime were tremendous—very inspirational. They just made you want to go out there and give it everything you have,” Kenmore East assistant coach Jeff Martin said. “He just loved helping kids, any kind of kids, and he loved Kenmore East football. Everything was for the kids.”

Read the Full Story

http://www.buffalonews.com/obituaries/story/766999.html

Unregistered
    Lou was one of those teachers that you feared, respected, and liked.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    Lou was one of those teachers that you feared, respected, and liked.
    Well put.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When anyone posts something from the Buffalo News how about posting just a small portion of the story with a link back. They pay people to write and charge the people who advertise on their site.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    When anyone posts something from the Buffalo News how about posting just a small portion of the story with a link back. They pay people to write and charge the people who advertise on their site.
    I posted the entire article, (in this case,) because it will not be available in a month or so. This sub-forum doesn't appear to get much traffic, therefore, seeing Lou Reuter was an incredibly popular teacher at Kenmore East, I thought it would be nice to post the entire article for those who only visit here periodically.

PS: You just convinced me to cancel my subscription.

Thread Information