Thread: Debate for Erie County Sheriff

Debate for Erie County Sheriff

Anyone else hear anything about this????? It sounds like it will be interesting. VERY interesting.

Sent to me by a friend: http://www.sjci.com/sjci-to-host-eri...iff-debate.php

Wow! Howard made the statement: "We" do not trust the federal goverment, but we do trust a private film crew to enter the holding center.

It is possible that this fishing expedition is to try to make the Sheriff look bad at a critical time in the election cycle?
    Last edited by mikenold; October 21st, 2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: punct
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    It is possible that this fishing expedition is to try to make the Sheriff look bad at a critical time in the election cycle?
    Dunno about that. The guy who "escaped" from the holding center sure didnt appear to be connected to any political special interest group For that matter, neither does Keanu Reeves appear to be connected. Maybe its just coincedental timing?

But if the Sheriff states in public that he himself does not trust the federal goverment, it seems he is derelict in his duty as a sworn law enforcement official.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    Dunno about that. The guy who "escaped" from the holding center sure didnt appear to be connected to any political special interest group For that matter, neither does Keanu Reeves appear to be connected. Maybe its just coincedental timing?

But if the Sheriff states in public that he himself does not trust the federal goverment, it seems he is derelict in his duty as a sworn law enforcement official.
    I believe that he has a sworn duty to uphold the laws of Erie county. His admission of distrust of the Federal government does not conflict with that oath. Many people do not trust the Federal government including myself.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

I believe that he has a sworn duty to uphold the laws of Erie county. His admission of distrust of the Federal government does not conflict with that oath. Many people do not trust the Federal government including myself.
    I'll bet the oath he took was the same as most others - to uphold the laws of the United States and the State of New York. Generally it reads like this:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the state of New York, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of ______________________, according to the best of my ability.

Maybe it had "and the laws of Erie County" added to it, but I doubt that it left off the US and NYS.

Even so, that oath doesn't require that he trust any particular division of the executive branch of government.

Apparently, he feels the DOJ is on a fishing expedition to collect evidence to support baseless allegations. The DOJ apparently believes that the allegations are not baseless and it needs access to determine the validity of the allegations and the extent of needed corrective action.

Simple legal dispute. It is going to court where it will be resolved. In the meantime the voters can take action to change the sheriff if they feel the current one is not properly responding to the allegations.

A good example for civics class of how things are suppose to work.

Is it possible that the Sheriff looks bad because....the Sheriff is bad?
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

If you look at the current Sheriff's record, the problems he is having, talk to some road deputies if you know any, talk to some jail deputies if you know any, talk to the deputies, not the bosses, not the brass, not those that owe their position to the Sheriff and I think you will see the decision is easy. As a former supporter of the Sheriff, I say this, It's time for a new Sheriff. Glascott for Sheriff.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Thread Information