Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNDERAGE DRINKING PARTY at Patchin Firehall

The first thing that should happen if the Chief was absent -

The local police should and most likely have a mutual aid protocol. They would call the designated department and help would be in route. Most small Towns historically have done this - they don't rely on one vehicle or group.

But I can safely assume that's not your main concern - is it ? If you have a issue with the Chief - state other issues. If you have or can document past crimes or misconduct - go to your Town Council and put it on the table.

The words "thugs" and such have been thrown out - sounds maybe like some one doesn't feel secure with themselves.

Until there's any proof of misconduct on the Chiefs part - until there's proof of mismanagement - your just sounding like a person with a private agenda to remove this person.
    -------------

Just another thought - maybe its time for a paid Department - you could tell all your neighbors that you want to organize and push for that. Research the property tax implications and present it to your local government. Be sure you inform everyone concerned it will increase taxes for equiptment - insurances - benefits and pay for all employees.

I am sure everyone who share your views will jump right in
    Last edited by 4248; September 5th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Wait a minute, they can't be "inexperienced." I know for a fact they have to undergo training and drills to be a volunteer fireman and/or emergency first responder. There is a wide web of emergency services and they are all trained and the training is ongoing. Your tax dollars at work.
    Taking a class and attending a few drills doesn't make one experienced. I would tend to think years of training and many fires would better define experienced.

First off I could care less who's the chief, my concern is my family's safety.
    I pay taxes to the Town for services, and expect to receive them when I need them. In return the Town contracts with a fire company to provide this service.

It was stated in one of these threads that they had only 20 members and couldn't respond to a fire when they were needed. Then I read about questionable behavior, are we getting what we paid for?

Many things have been stated and inferred - what services have you not received ?

Were there any unanswered call for the Fire Department ?

Does the Town not have a mutual aid system in place ?

Maybe in order to settle your own fears - call your Town Hall and ask them these questions ! Bring it up at a Board meeting - see what they say !

Instead of creating a issues - try and act on your valid concerns.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by worried 1 View Post
    First off I could care less who's the chief, my concern is my family's safety.
    I pay taxes to the Town for services, and expect to receive them when I need them. In return the Town contracts with a fire company to provide this service.

It was stated in one of these threads that they had only 20 members and couldn't respond to a fire when they were needed. Then I read about questionable behavior, are we getting what we paid for?
    When was the last time you heard of a complaint that town services weren't available from the volunteers?

Which thread stated that a group of volunteers couldn't respond to a fire?

Look at "Patchin buys new trucks" reply #3

Just a few of my thoughts

Since this thread has taking a turn into public safety I only feel it is time to point out a few things.
    1. Every hall has both highly trained and very new members. That's just a fact of life. We are not born into this world knowing everything. However the members take specific classes before they are qualified to be a internal fireman. There are classes to take before you have hands on patient care. Classes for auto accidents, scene safety, removing a person trapped in a car, traffic control, how to operate any of the equipment, and so on. If you feel you are better qualified, please come down and join your local hall.
    2. Volunteer fire halls are just that volunteer. This people leave their families at home at times when they could be enjoying them. They train weekly and hold meetings to better their services to the town. The younger members join to learn and grow to be these trained fire fighters you want in your town. Once again please stop down and watch a drill, take a tour or join.
    3. When a chief or any other member is out of town, well that is called life. Shouldn't everyone enjoy some time with family or have some fun? Also on that same note, do we need to set up a plan for when a chief is at his place of employment then? I mean he or she left district and won't be responding. How dare they leave us without protection we pay taxes for. Oh wait I believe I pay taxes that fund not one but three halls, so with that in mind, I'm sure someone will be there in my time of need. Once again if your worried about man power in your town, show up and join. Remember in politics you need to be a active part to solve a problem and not sit on the side lines complaining.
    4. Every hall has young members, most even have junior firefighters looking to become a active part of the town. Everyone hates the police or fireman that is until you need them and then that's your first call. I'm pretty confident also that someone was there in your time of need.
    5. Hanging out at a firehall doesn't mean your partying or doing anything wrong. People have bowling nights, softball leagues, dart, pool, leagues etc. these firefighters grow a brotherhood bond and hang out together. You depend on these brothers to save your ass if need be, and after seeing some of the horrific scenes and also being in these special situations together, they are also your support group. Many halls have club rooms and kitchens for the members to unwind in. Sometimes seeing cars at the hall late may also be that they are cleaning equipment, washing trucks, doing paperwork, cleaning the hall or doing routine maintenance on the equipment you depend on. Interesting tidbit for the general public, fireballs don't have magical staff to do these things for us. So besides responding to calls, cleaning, doing the paperwork after the calls, filing for grants, holding meetings, mowing our lawn, plowing, fueling trucks, washing trucks, and so on. Our free time and time we could have spent doing our yard work and spending with family we sacrifice to help the community.
    6. As for this threads actual topic, I still haven't seen any proof of drinking or a raging party going on. If it was a few members having a Bon fire with their chiefs permission what's the big deal? I mean hey the hall was staffed and ready to respond. Also this time period where this hall left the town unstaffed and in danger, there was a call. A EMS call, and they did respond, in fact they beat Boston EMS by around 10 minutes to the scene. Actually they usually do. Boston EMS was actually second on the scene for a call at the town park, and the have staff on stand by at their hall. I've even seen Rural Metro beat them to calls. But my gripe isn't about any hall specific.
    7. Lastly and most importantly, I didn't even know this site existed until two days ago, and I can honestly say, this whole thing is all about a pissing contest with people hiding behind screen names. I think it's all time we stop the childish name calling and blaming. Your only making everyone look bad and very unprofessional. Every hall has it's skeletons in there closets and pasts, move on and be professional. There is a reason members get voted in yearly to positions. Change happens all the time. As for members leaving halls and joining others, so be it. Who cares, the town is still safe and there is no tension in the hall then. So everyone reading this and thinking about how green I must be to the whole thing, remember I didn't call anyone out and I didn't attack anyone. I did make a general hit towards Boston EMS however it was only to show that even a staffed hall with members on stand by it still has no better response time.

Wow, the gag order must have been lifted at " The Patch". Welcome Innocent Bystander. I hope your not violating your company's social media policy. Patchin can't afford to loose another member.
    Now to respond to your lengthy seven paragraph essay which was a grammatical disaster.
    First off, I have to disagree with allowing the partying and underage drinking at the Patchin Fire Hall or any fire company. You can sugarcoat it anyway you want by saying the kids are working, completing paperwork, and drilling. We know what really goes on in the center town. The cops were down there for God sake!
    Secondly, is Patchin really going to bash our EMS Squad? WTF... They do an excellent job. They even have more than one EMT unlike the bad boys of Patchin. Since when does Boston EMS have staff on standby at their hall? They respond from their house just like all other volunteers last I checked. Maybe Patchin got out the doors quicker because there happen to be a party which we all come to expect based on past experiences. If I recall correctly, the ambulance was on location for the call today before a Patchin chief even arrived on location. There must not have been a party at The Patch this afternoon. Anything to get in the squads way and fill out the all mighty PCR. It's no wonder the Squad hates Patchin.
    Thirdly, if you have an issue with people standing behind screen names, why are you hiding behind one? Afraid of your chief? I'm sure your drinking buddies. If you want to know who I am, send a private message and I'll gladly meet you at the cafe for a cup JOE! Ooops, I mean jo. I'll be looking forward to it.
    Your pal, X Mark

OMG. Innocent Bystander did your Mother drop you on your head when you were a child ? You expect anyone to believe you only found out about this site 2 day's ago. You are obviously a member of Patchin fire Co, and more than likely an officer or Chief. You invited us to watch a drill. What night and where ? Your fire Co Patchin? How come I never see posts about or from the other fire company's in this town? Every post is about Patchin fire co, and most are negative. I don't know what is going on there. I pay taxes in this town and it seems like that fire Co is wasting our tax dollars. I think this Town should take a close look at Patchin. If it was put up to vote to close them down, they have my vote.

"Patchin can't afford to loose another member."
    Lose*

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    Do you have any idea what's been going on around the Patchin Fire Hall? These kids give our emergency services a bad name. What good are rules if they aren't followed and there are NO consequences? Maybe that's what's wrong in the world...

Well honestly, not too many of many of you give the profession a good name these days. I no longer consider many firefighters heroes and that is sad. I consider the new breed a bunch of spoiled "entitlementers" - that comes from words of your own.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    Wow, the gag order must have been lifted at " The Patch". Welcome Innocent Bystander. I hope your not violating your company's social media policy. Patchin can't afford to loose another member.
    Now to respond to your lengthy seven paragraph essay which was a grammatical disaster.
    First off, I have to disagree with allowing the partying and underage drinking at the Patchin Fire Hall or any fire company. You can sugarcoat it anyway you want by saying the kids are working, completing paperwork, and drilling. We know what really goes on in the center town. The cops were down there for God sake!
    Secondly, is Patchin really going to bash our EMS Squad? WTF... They do an excellent job. They even have more than one EMT unlike the bad boys of Patchin. Since when does Boston EMS have staff on standby at their hall? They respond from their house just like all other volunteers last I checked. Maybe Patchin got out the doors quicker because there happen to be a party which we all come to expect based on past experiences. If I recall correctly, the ambulance was on location for the call today before a Patchin chief even arrived on location. There must not have been a party at The Patch this afternoon. Anything to get in the squads way and fill out the all mighty PCR. It's no wonder the Squad hates Patchin.
    Thirdly, if you have an issue with people standing behind screen names, why are you hiding behind one? Afraid of your chief? I'm sure your drinking buddies. If you want to know who I am, send a private message and I'll gladly meet you at the cafe for a cup JOE! Ooops, I mean jo. I'll be looking forward to it.
    Your pal, X Mark

Look at who does not know what a paragraph is....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not to self, when I call someone out on something, try not to be guilty of the same thing..... too funny!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Oh Frank, don't let the lack of indentation get in the way of the truth and valid points... I wanted to see if you were paying attention is all. Apparently nothing gets past you. I wasn't an English major, but I'm learning.

I wonder if there were any consequences to Chief Joe allowing an underage drinking party at Patchin's fire hall in which the EC Sheriff's were called to. Maybe the company doesn't think it's a big deal like the last time there was evidence of Chief Joe buying underage members drinks at a Harrisburg fire convention. There were pics posted on this forum and bragging by the underage members involved. That didn't seem to be an issue in the fire company's eyes. I think they all should have immediately been suspended until an investigation by the president of the company. Well he's the biggest drinker in the company and threatened to leave if the Chief took the beer away. Guess alcohol is more important than serving the town's citizens. Way to have your priorities straight Patchin! No wonder the president and chief swept the Harrisburg incident under the rug and waited for it to go away. Two of Patchin 's underage members were even bragging to friends that they all get keys to the hall and fill up gallon jugs of beer. How is this allowed in today's day and age? No wonder the kids love Patchin. They join and immediately they get free beer when the Chief isn't looking. Problem, what problem? No one seems to think it's an issue if it's being allowed to happen still. Still wonder why your the black sheep? I'd like to hear from innocent bystander again. I'll be waiting.

If this is all true why doesn't the Town do something?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information