Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Worst Street In Buffalo

How much time do you people have?

Sweet, Playter, Loepere, West, Box, Massachusetts, Wohlers, Sumner, Brinkman, the list is endless - statistically, there must be a worst, but realistically, they're all bad.

N.TonKid
    east ferry is pretty bad, im only 17 but got into drugs and had a gun held to my head twice, but when ur all messed up u dont seem to care about your life. drugs make many kids do crazy stuff and its a big problem all over wny, talkin to a doc at degraph hospitol when i overdosed told me atleast 2 ppl a week are their for heroin od's, 4 kids died on a pretty nice street from heroin od, heroin along with coke are making a pretty big comeback all over wny

I'm going to put in a new vote for worst street - it's been quite a while and the times they are a changin' in Buffalo, so my new pick is East Lovejoy. Listening to the police scanner recently and my, oh, my, this street sure is getting the rush when it comes to calls.

I MIGHT have considered living in that neighborhood a couple of years ago, but now, forget it. The crud is moving east quickly and right now, Lovejoy is right underneath the steamroller.

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy View Post
    You are alright up there, just stay away from Grant/Hawley area. Don't buy drugs from any of the houses. Don't lend them your car. Stay over on Elmwood or some of the streets close to Forest and you'll be fine. There are gun carrying people everywhere, most of the time they are concealed though. There is a crack house on Forest, and Richmond as well and Grant too. Just don't do drugs and you won't find yourself in perilous situations. So many kids from the suburbs get robbed by these dealers either by outright robbing them or selling them diluted product. Like I said before, stay away from drugs and you'll likely be fine.
    The entire length of Dearborn St is a crack mecca... Heroin too. Riverside is getting really nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'm going to put in a new vote for worst street - it's been quite a while and the times they are a changin' in Buffalo, so my new pick is East Lovejoy. Listening to the police scanner recently and my, oh, my, this street sure is getting the rush when it comes to calls.

I MIGHT have considered living in that neighborhood a couple of years ago, but now, forget it. The crud is moving east quickly and right now, Lovejoy is right underneath the steamroller.
    ghost---it's not easy to place citeria for worst street only on emergency calls. Tho I do know you weren't doing that.

My street has several of those calls a week, but it's due to a few families across the street who call 911 for everything from suspected sex offenders to their kids acting up. Fire engines, ambulances, sometimes five vehicles at a time. And I've never seen anything really bad happen over there. They are using these facilities as pseudo parents. And this is where some of the tax money goes. And Medicaid adds up. They had their 12 yo boy removed and strapped to a stretcher but he was home the next day smiling and normal.

I stay out of it but these people will find out the true meaning of 'the boy who cried wolf'.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

while east lovejoy is getting worse it is no where near one of the worst streets while there are calls there most of them are for loud music neighbor disputes etc.... while minnesota between bailey and suffolk has gotten really bad
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Quote Originally Posted by unioncop View Post
    while east lovejoy is getting worse it is no where near one of the worst streets while there are calls there most of them are for loud music neighbor disputes etc.... while minnesota between bailey and suffolk has gotten really bad
    Hey UC, how is Hempstead doing. I grew up there in the 60's, the Kenfield and Langfield projects were a little tough, but nothing like it is now, I would imagine????
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    Hey UC, how is Hempstead doing. I grew up there in the 60's, the Kenfield and Langfield projects were a little tough, but nothing like it is now, I would imagine????
    that whole area is going down the tubes I feel sorry for the people who live over there and alot of those houses were pretty nice hopefully the courts lock their revolving door for criminals I had a guy tell me last week that he isnt worried about getting locked up in Buffalo cause the court with just offer him an ACD and he will be out in the morning and that you get more time in cheektowaga for stealing from the galleria then you will in Bflo for having a gun and then he just laughed and I had to agree with him
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

OK, I am backing away from East Lovejoy as worst street in Buffalo - let's maybe call it, "Most Likely To Hit The Skids" street in Buffalo right now. Of course, we could also consider another main drag, Clinton Street in Kaisertown, a contender. I can't even believe what a dump that whole area is becoming. First the urban blight, then the crime and well, it all goes downhill from there. Sad to see such decent neighborhoods deteriorate right before your eyes.

Minnesota Avenue. This is the ONLY street in the city I won't drive on anymore.
    GO GREEN ... plant a garden!

That is sad because Minnesota has some beautiful homes on it..I know the first block of Minnesota off Main is alot of college students and some of those house look like terribly beat up..
    The block between Bailey and suffolk is mostly rental properties.. a number of them owned by out of town owners and there is the reason for the problems.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

no doubt...

no doubt...goodyear and/or bissell between genesee and west ferry...have to agree....

Goodyear ave will soon be an urban farm..Start from Broadway and travel up to Walden...70% of the homes are now gone..the first block probably has 5 houses on it..where there once was 40+
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

the 219 is the worst street because it makes it too easy for outsiders to invade my sanctuary
    PS I cant believe I got sanctuary right thought my spell checker would change it
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

worse streets in buffalo

I would say 2 of the worse streets in Buffalo are Wlson between William and Broadway and Rodney near Holden.

There are some real beauty parts of Genesee and Sycamore.

If I had my way, I would just let those areas go to hell.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information