Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people against illegal immigrants...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Douglous
    Also, it's a national security threat. upwards of 20% of all illegal’s are REPEAT convicted felons, and 50% of CA's violent felon population is... ILLEGALS.
    Can you point to the statistics on this?

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001 View Post
    Please, stop with the "reasonable suspicion" standard. It's totally subjective and therefore meaningless. An officer can still demand papers from anyone with a brownish tint to his or her skin.

It is nothing like probable cause, which is a long used standard.
    If you don't like the reasonable suspicion standard that our law adopts as the basis for law enforcement then you need to either:

1. work for a change in the Constitution to accommodate your views; or

2. move to another country that accommodates your views.

In the meantime it is the law of the land.

I see no need to change it to accommodate criminals sneaking into our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Can you point out exactly where in the bill it says this?
    See, that's the problem. The what the law is stating and what will probably happen differ.
    If you don't like gay marriage blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Why do I have a problem with illegal aliens? Because caring for people who are in this country illegally are taking money and resources away from other programs for legal citizens.

Legal immigrants are usually proud to become American citizens. They take the time to learn the language and local customs. Illegal aliens typically don't care. Go down to southern border states and see how quickly you have to learn Spanish just to know what's going on.
    What I meant was I don't understand why people here get so exercised about the issue. We don't have an illegal immigrant issue.

Actually, I'm leaving to go to my real home in Southern California for a visit. Hispanics there -- legal and otherwise -- nearly outnumber everyone else. There are illegal immigrants from all over the world there. They are part of the fabric there. They are why things, except housing and utilities, are so much cheaper -- everything from nannies to manicures to house painting and repairs.

Of course, they also crowd classrooms and emergency rooms. I know that.

But nothing gets done about illegal immigration because no one wants to pay more to hire citizens for the jobs illegals now do so much cheaper. That's the plain truth. As I've said before, I've spent most of my life in Southern California. All my family is there -- parents, siblings,my two college-aged children etc. I'll be returning for good as soon as I can to take care of my aging parents.

And if I can get a good price on painting my house there, I'll take it -- w/o asking the contractor to prove every one on his crew is here legally. I mean, I could but he'd just lie, right? And then not show up. (By the way, when we lived in California, the contractors who showed up to give us bids on house-related stuff were always white guys)

It's easy here for people to make the illegal immigrant problem black and white because they don't live in the midst of it. Even my brothers, both of whom are Russ Limbaugh ditto heads, agree that the issue is complicated. They've having my sister's house painted right now, and I guarantee you they will take the best bid, and it will be delivered by a white guy. And they will not ask for a guarantee that all his workers are citizens.

It is what it is: An uneasy truce based on just trying to get through the day.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    See, that's the problem. The what the law is stating and what will probably happen differ.
    Debate all you want. The USA has a current issue called "PEOPLE sneaking over our borders illegally. A fair number of these people have record and are also causing violence. Yes there are people sneaking over the border who are not causing violence but the "needs of the many" out wieght the "needs of the few" in some cases. This is one of those cases.

The USA legal American citizen should always come first.

Sorry. I'm confused by what you mean when you say not all Mexicans are one race. Can you explain that?
    I mean they are essentially are like americans that they are a mix of many ethnicities. For example mexico had a huge irish immigration intake at one point. Most are europen or african mixed with native american blood. But you can see it when you see their pictures that they all look different. There are some with blond hair and blue eyes, some are red heads. Some look like black people. Some look straight up native american.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What I meant was I don't understand why people here get so exercised about the issue. We don't have an illegal immigrant issue.
    NIP it in the bud before it gets out of hand. NYS social programs are too expensive.

Read this

(Reuters) - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg pledged on Friday to promote a more open U.S. immigration policy during his third term, much as he made a campaign against illegal guns a hallmark of his second term.
    U.S.
    "With leaders from across the country, we will assemble a bipartisan coalition to support President Obama's call for comprehensive immigration reform that honors our history, upholds our values, and promotes our economy," Bloomberg said upon being sworn in for his third term as mayor.
    The White House has said it will aim for immigration reform in 2010, possibly including a path to citizenship for the 12 million immigrants who live in the country illegally.
    Bloomberg, who considered running for president in 2008 as a political independent, raised his national profile by assembling a coalition of 500 U.S. mayors who banded together in a campaign against illegal guns.
    Amnesty.

I'd say this right to his face. Shove it up your butt Mr Bloomberg.

Just think... 12 million new people instanty become technically "American citizens"...Instantly can become qualified for NYS social programs at our expense.

Will the president of mexico who was bitching about the AZ law hand over cold hard cash to cover the cost of these "illegal" people? I bet not...

None of those illegal people should take it personally.. It's all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    I mean they are essentially are like americans that they are a mix of many ethnicities. For example mexico had a huge irish immigration intake at one point. Most are europen or african mixed with native american blood. But you can see it when you see their pictures that they all look different. There are some with blond hair and blue eyes, some are red heads. Some look like black people. Some look straight up native american.
    I see what you mean. So, you weren't being a racist, just incredibly offensive to an entire nation.

By the way, my grandfather had some Native American in him. My grandmother, meanwhile, had some Spanish and a tiny bit of French. From way, way back, our homeland was Spain.

But first and foremost, they considered themselves Mexicans and Americans, and they would have been properly offended by the way you characterized them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Can you point to the statistics on this?
    In 2008:
    "But the study released by Thomas on Thursday, which focuses on persons who are actually convicted, says that 18.7 percent of convicted felons in Maricopa County last year were undocumented immigrants."
    http://www.alipac.us/article3597.html

95% of open murder warrants in LA are for illegals
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_...gal_alien.html

I can not find the source that had the exact % of CA's convicted felons being illegal. But by reading the link above you can assume that the State wouldn't make a number like that public because it is counter intuitive to their "Safe haven" policy.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

And if they do differ, the law provides the "victim" to sue the offender (the cop) directly!

We don't? Go down to the lower West side and get back to me.

Further, head downstate to NYC. The whole state is paying for it.
    If you don't like gay marriage blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

We my not have a huge problem here in WNY, but NYC does have a massive problem! NYC has about 500,000 Illegals, of which they use the NYC schools, NYC hospitals and many other welfare programs. Which as you know we are force to pay for!

Also, what don't you understand about ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We don't? Go down to the lower West side and get back to me.

Further, head downstate to NYC. The whole state is paying for it.
    IT all comes down to money. None of us were born to have our fruits of our labor forcefully taken away and given to others at the extent it's currently happening.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    None of those illegal people should take it personally.. It's all about money.
    it's not about money, it's about what it once ment to be an AMERICAN. It used to be something you had to earn! Now, people just want to give it away!

The left always love to follow in Europes foot step, well why dont' they follow them with immigration??? Most EU nations have the strictest laws, but we allow 12+ million people to walk into this nation, kill our LEGAL citizens, trafic drugs and cost us about $400 BILLION dollars a year....

When I grew up my parents taught me that it ment somthing to be an American, but after watching the failure of our leaders of the last 20 years... it's a joke!

I see what you mean. So, you weren't being a racist, just incredibly offensive to an entire nation.
    FYI, the Federal govt doesn't recognize Hispanic as a race... they're white!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information