Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    What's your point?
    I think her point is that many lawsuits were settled without Council approval. Andrea?

Post Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    I think her point is that many lawsuits were settled without Council approval. Andrea?

Point:
    We have a City Attorney that was asked to step down under Mayor Kathy for assessment favors done on his own property. It was in the Buffalo News late 1990's.

Hired by Polanski after Juda left to go to the schools fall of 2005.
    Reappointed by the Council January 2008-present...........
    January 7, 2008 Lackawanna City Council Minutes
    Roll Call: Present: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Communications from the Mayor:

Executive Order – Appointment of Arc. J. Petricca to position of City Attorney.

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Szymanski to receive and file.

Yeas: Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski. Carried 4-1

Nays: Haxton

Appointment Executive Order of Thomas N. Love to position of Commissioner of Public Works.

Moved by Schiavi, seconded by Jaworski to receive and file.

Executive Order – Appointment of Richard Startek as Director of Public Safety.

Yeas: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski. Carried 5 - 0

Appointment of Maureen Gambino as Secretary to the Mayor/Fire Chief Secretary .

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Szymanski to receive and file.

Executive Order – Appointment of Angelo Iafallo as Director of Recreation & Parks.

Yeas: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski. Carried 5 - 0
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

Yes, getalife123 and LAsurvivor you're BOTH right.........except the way C. is stated, "Subject to the approval of Council, have power to enter into any agreement, compromise or settlement of ANY litigation in which the City is involved" means ALL settlements because the City of Lackawanna is " self-insured ", so, out of court, in-court-or even no-fault claims (especially because there is a deductible to be paid first from City monies).

Go through the Council minute archives and read for yourself how many lawsuits were given Council approval or disapproval. I bet less than five or so if that since 05'.

Now "The Biggie",
    Your money is being spent BEHIND closed closed doors(and I mean BIG money, $$$hundreds of thousands/yr or more)..........with no public record appearing and NO cross checks and balances as our Charter mandates! Outside attorneys hired by our own City Attorney WITHOUT official Council partnering to the tune of BIG-BIG-BIG money. They do the case work that should be done in-house, our LAW DEPT. is a HUGE Budget expenditure(LA LAW Dept. with 2 attorneys + secretary+cadillac benes = close to $200,000/yr)

This has been going on a long-long time and I tried to break through it but none of my peers would help me get them to follow letter C. Geoff even bullied me down when I tried to take notes ..........and ask questions.
    Geoff knows what is going on ----- pretends he doesn't----- and allows this to continue. It is pure deception and unlawful not to enforce the Lackawanna City Law Department to put every lawsuit on Council Agendas for approval or disapproval. He has allowed this for six years now......can you imagine four more?!?

This attorney screamed in my face saying, "You are the worst Councilperson we ever had" all because I did not buy into their cover-ups and questioned EVERY penny they spent that should have gone to the betterment of OUR City. Instead it went into their secret deals.........if nothing went on then why haven't the hundreds of lawsuits against Lackawanna, say since 2005 be common knowledge.
    ooouuu........I hope this makes some sense to you all, it is all part of why Lackawanna is broke and why we have such a horrible Business-Unfriendly reputation!

I have to be very careful what I tell you all because I know "THEY" are reading this and will try to sue me at the drop of a hat. I tell you, Joe and Jane Public, this is how they handle things ......things none of us would even know goes on behind closed doors. Other communities have ALL business up-front, I was at a meeting in Boston a few years back where the Council was arguing over whether to spend $150. on DPW safety coats for the men.
    Lackawanna spends $150,000/$80,000/$225,000,$125,000,$75,000, etc. on an "out-of-court" -in-court, agreement, compromises, without Council RECORD of approval of any money transfers what-so-ever ..........and no one knows anything..........except...........
    Last edited by andreahaxton; November 3rd, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Post From the Desk of: Andrea Haxton......Bureau Veritas!

This Forum has a Topic called " City of Lackawanna Politics " that many of us follow in order to make sense out of the nonsense fed to us by the City/School Lackawanna Politicians, "The Machine", etc.
    I am going to post the facts on whatever issues come my way, and boy do they come......Yes I do my homework, and trust my gut feelings on the positive and negative of issues that arise or plague OUR City. We have been the underdog for far too long and if we do not get our recovery journey underway real soon.....it might be too late to change direction. All week I have heard about the Federal debt coming due in 2012.......I have questioned the depletion of OUR FUND BALANCE and the FLOATING of BIG BONDS for some time now. 2010 Census has our population down and with that business/homeowner tax disparity the powers to be have backed us into a corner. The only thing we can do now is to come out fighting, to preserve Lackawanna. I bet a garbage TAX will be next.

Communication between the Politicians and the Citizens is the key that will help turn the lock....."Two heads are better than one" can not be any truer in our case. We have some good people heading various Boards but we need more, we need a Charter Revision Committee asap, and to resurrect the Charter mandated committees such as the Recreation, Environmental, and the critical Development Boards.

I look with hope to our new administration.......but I took off my rose colored glasses a long time ago due to self-serving agendas. ie. ,When they tried to bring in that second Infectious Medical Waste Plant back in 2004, one of our sitting Councilmen looked me in the eye and said he was against it. When it came time for the vote to sell him the land, it was 5-zip and he flew by me after the meeting barking, "I changed my mind". He lied to us and did not take the couple hundred people who signed against the location of this plant best interest at heart. He caved. I hope none of our new leaders ever cave and go against what "The People" want in and for Lackawanna.
    Respectfully,
    Andrea

P.S. Came across this today and it summed up my position on City of Lackawanna Politics perfectly! I am an eclectic person, my passion for politics is part of who I am.

" You have enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” Winston Churchill "

"Eclecticism: is a conceptual approach that does not hold rigidly to a single paradigm or set of assumptions, but instead draws upon multiple theories, styles, or ideas to gain complementary insights into a subject, or applies different theories in particular cases. It can sometimes seem inelegant or lacking in simplicity, and eclectics are sometimes criticized for lack of consistency in their thinking. It is, however, common in many fields of study. "

According to you, 200 signatures in a city of 18,000 is what 'the people' want. Thanks for entertaining us again.
    Still waiting for your apology on the campaign contribution limits. You do your homework....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Post Excuse me.....

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    According to you, 200 signatures in a city of 18,000 is what 'the people' want. Thanks for entertaining us again.
    Still waiting for your apology on the campaign contribution limits. You do your homework....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
    Did I miss your post?--Can you re-post it? I have no problem apologizing, and did not know you were still waiting---you should have reminded me......no problem at all, publicly---at say a Council meeting----please let me do it face to face-OK?

The Election LAW pertaining to the City of Lackawanna political offices.......campaign limits.

BTW did you mean my petition signature....if so the number was 356. Eight by my Mother and the rest all by myself.

Red face

yes u managed to get rid of the tire burning plant too, u know ..the company that is paying About 75 % of tonawanda's
    tax base....tonawaanda has had no problems w them...u also got rid of the medical plant, tried to get rid of the Arabic meat place, tried to get rid of Lardon, a mulching company....CONGRATS u have managed tto chase
    away a lot of businesses...
    Last edited by toms; December 6th, 2011 at 02:21 PM.

Lackawanna halal facility opposed

LACKAWANNA, NEW YORK–Angry protestors vent their voices at the Lackawanna City Council last Tuesday night to protest a plan for a halal slaughterhouse in the area. The protestors and those in the council supporting them appeared to be ill informed on the halal method.

“I did research the Halal method and I’m not happy with what I read,” said First Ward Councilmember Andrea Haxton, according to WNED.

It was not readily apparent what kind of research she did.

Here's another of her brilliant attempts to stop a business from setting up here.

Andrea you winning any battles in this war?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Didn't she oppose the windmills because they might affect the seagulls? Or was it snow? Or the temperature?

Post WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Andrea you winning any battles in this war?

Actually, Mr. Broughton, I must be a lot more powerful then I thought I was!

I always maintained the platform that if they put them in the industrial park off Abbott Road, I would have no problem with them then. The SLAUGHTER HOUSE could have gone into there too, or back away from HOUSES where people smell the barnyard daily.
    Except for the carcinogenic producing tire-BURNING PLANT that was going to be allowed to add to the levels already in "Lack"awanna! And to do what with the money???---More patronage and mis-management of public funds, we have survived without it for 20 years---HA!

How about if ALL of us FIRST WARDERS move across the Bridge into your neighborhoods?
    You seem to forget that a lot of people live close by these proposals and their by-products directly affect them. The second INFECTIOUS MEDICAL WASTE PLANT was going right behind Mulberry's...........want a little pulverized needles and animal carcass smells tossed with your pasta? Keep it real haters.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Didn't she oppose the windmills because they might affect the seagulls? Or was it snow? Or the temperature?
    yes, I forgot about that one.....

What "HOUSES" are anywhere near the "SLAUGHTER HOUSE", as you call it? I can say first hand from experience of being a customer of their's, it is the cleanest butcher shop I've been in.
    Then you have the nerve to say "How about if ALL of us FIRST WARDERS move across the Bridge into your neighborhoods?"
    You forget that ALOT of families have their roots in the 1st Ward!!!
    So don't talk about 1st warders moving into different neighborhoods, cause most of those neighborhoods were started by 1ST WARDERS!!!

Post If it went by YOURl HOME.......how would YOU like it?!? blahblahblah?

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    What "HOUSES" are anywhere near the "SLAUGHTER HOUSE", as you call it? I can say first hand from experience of being a customer of their's, it is the cleanest butcher shop I've been in.
    Then you have the nerve to say "How about if ALL of us FIRST WARDERS move across the Bridge into your neighborhoods?"
    You forget that ALOT of families have their roots in the 1st Ward!!!
    So don't talk about 1st warders moving into different neighborhoods, cause most of those neighborhoods were started by 1ST WARDERS!!!

Then YOU have the nerve to say, "" What ""HOUSES"" are anywhere near the ""SLAUGHTER HOUSE"" ?
    Duh?! Either you are not good with directions, are near-sighted, or your Tom-Tom needs re-charging....blah.
    A quick observation will tell you there are HOMES appr. 200' accross from the slaughter house and an apartment building over the barbershop directly across the street from their east garage door/parking lot!
    Not to even mention the appr. 100 HOMES in the Dorothy Glover Gardens apartments within appr. 1000' of the other doors where lots of Lackawanna Citizens live!

Web Search
    Why Yahoo! Answers? Share your knowledge, help others and be an expert. Register Now.

What's worse a slaughter House or a Butcher Shop?

I just want to know the difference between a slaughter house and a butcher shop.
    Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    The abattoir as that is where the animals are slaughtering them.

Nowadays most butchers buy whole slaughtered carcases.
    10 months ago
    Search Yahoo!
    The slaughter house, with cows they hang them upside down by their leg and slit their throat while they are still alive, they hold a bucket underneath to catch the pouring blood, the cow doesnt die right away, it usually takes several minuites for them to pass. With chickens they hang them by their legs and slit their throat aswell, they dont die right away and then they get dunked into scalding hot water to revome the feathers, many are still alive during this step. At peta.com you can see exactly what they do from undercover videos. Butchers just cut they meat from the dead and skinned animal.
    Source(s):
    Peta.com
    The slaughter house is where the animal is killed and partion; there's blood and gore around, and no matter how humanely the killing is carried out, the animal dies. The butcher shop is where the dead animal is further partitioned into neat parcels and sold to the ordinary, consuming public. The slaughter house is more brutal
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************
    Now for the record: I never said "I" was against the slaughter house, just the location of it so close to where people live and the kids to think about as their bus drives by it.
    Talk to the people who wait at the bus stop in front about the smells........go sit on Church Street in the evening and take a deep breath.

I eat meat, lots of us eat meat......I know they keep it clean blah, they are under strict agriculture laws,etc. Please keep this in perspective.
    It was about the location, the way THE CITY handled it, hid it, and skidded it right past the LA Planning Board is a travesty of justice! But, it is here now and some people are happy others sad. Lackawanna always has been a dictatorship, NOT a democracy. End of discussion.
    If it went into Abbott Road Plaza or the industrial parks you would not have heard a peep from me/us! BlahBlahBlah and to whom this may concern: Please stop making up things about me and what I say/said/did.

FYI:
    ", cause most of those neighborhoods were started by 1ST WARDERS!!!" Ans. And why did these people move away from the First Ward, blah?.......to get away from the nasty smells and noise, of course!

"You forget that ALOT of families have their roots in the 1st Ward!!!" Ans. Please, if I did not care about OUR "roots" I would not fight so hard to help revitalize OUR historic LA First Ward.........I see the big picture and have known for decades that OUR 1st Ward is OUR diamond. Unfortunately, money talks louder than the people who have to live with self-serving decisions made by the family and friends club for them.
    My Grandparents came to the First Ward in 1916......tell me "I" forgot. Keep it real, blah.

Noone has to make up anything about you, you make yourself look a fool just fine on your own. You want people to believe that ANY smell carries over 1000 feet?!?! Get real, I've probably spent more time in the Gates Ave. projects than you EVER will and never even caught a hint of odor coming from there,so YOU get your facts straight!!!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread Information