Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Watkins Residency and The IDIOTS COMPLAINING!!!!

WNYresident, well said. I couldn't agree with you more

Post Keep It Real....Lackawanna has a lot more issues than worrying about my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Being good hearted doesn't cut it either.

I noticed some people think that is a reason to vote for someone. Having someone good hearted that votes to increase spending to the point of making our community UN-competitive is not a bright thing to do. Andrea is very good hearted but she made this comment something like this: "If two companies bid on a job but the union company was a little more costly she would give it to the union company"... What is wrong with the other Americans who live in our community who work for the company that had the low bid? They have families no different than the guys that work for the unionized company. Why would you pay more to the other company? That all goes on the backs of the people living in our community.

Same in Cheektowaga. I know our supervisor cares about our town yet our taxes increase every year which forces our elderly in our town to cut corners.. ALL WHILE a far number of our employees basically laugh all the way to the bank because we cover pension cost increases, health insurance cost increases, etc etc... We pay upwards of 40% more for garbage pickup than the surrounding communities. There isn't anything special in Cheektowaga to justify what we are charged to live in our community. Would you beleive we have a 70k hovercraft on the way. Being Good hearted doesn't mean your bright.

Same with lancaster. They have "good hearted" officials handing out IDA tax breaks like candy, clocks, band shells etc etc... All good hearted stuff but without those IDA breaks some businesses wouldn't be competitive. Every IDA break given away is money out of our kids pockets or more debt on the kids in our community. Why should they cover the cost that are given away by the LIDA?

Look at West Seneca and the amount of debt the Americorps put on their community. All good hearted people but the cost will be on the back of the kids/eldery in that community.

The list goes on....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Wnyresident......

Not meant to offend you , But, YOU obviously have a huge union vendetta.......

September 7, 2011, "
    andreahaxton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" If bids are close and one company is Union and the other non......I certainly hope they Buy American and select the Union shop company! "

That is what I said....NOT , " if one was a little more costly I would give it to the Union Company " .
    I know firsthand how much a Union worker pays for Union-Dues, that is all.

Let's move on from what my comment was about Unions....I see and honor BOTH sides of the issue.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Andrea, absolutely not. I have an issue with monopolies. I also have an issue with the burden/costs/debt that are being placed on the elderly and children in community.

I'm not offended by your opinion of me You have the right to wrong. This is the USA.

" If bids are close and one company is Union and the other non......I certainly hope they Buy American and select the Union shop company! "

That is what I said....NOT , " if one was a little more costly I would give it to the Union Company " .
    I know firsthand how much a Union worker pays for Union-Dues, that is all.

Let's move on from what my comment was about Unions....I see and honor BOTH sides of the issue.
    I don't want to move from your comment about Unions specially if you can be elected and vote on how business is done in our community. If a Unionized company was low bid and a non union company was high bid I would expect the low bidder to get the work. Specially if the work is no different from one company to the other.

The correct comment in my opinion would be "Buy American" period.

In the context of the post I think it was for work to be done in lackawanna. I don't think "china" was bidding for that work with Chinese workers.

Andrea, absolutely not. I have an issue with monopolies. I also have an issue with the burden/costs/debt that are being placed on the elderly and children in community.

I'm not offended by your opinion of me You have the right to wrong. This is the USA.

In the context of the post I think it was for work to be done in lackawanna. I don't think "china" was bidding for that work with Chinese workers.

I can agree with you on the statement that if all things equal then give the job to the lowest bidder. that is if all things are equal. you state that your line in the sand seems to be buying American. to others the line is hiring union workers where available. If you are willing to pay a little more for American made products, why would it not be o.k. for someone to want to pay a little more to support the structure that gave us the 40 hour work week, many safety laws, retirement plans (no matter how corporations have raided and underfunded them), etc. if we do away with unions, soon we would do away with the 40 hour work week, due process in corrective action regarding employee issues, due provess in laying off employees, whether you agree or disagree with seniority rights or not (some don't like them and they can be missused, the flip side allows for management bullying and intimidation).
    Just because Andrea stated her opinion that she favors union workers does not make her any more wrong than someone that prefers non union workers.
    cheaper isn't always better, and many times not less costly.

What everyone fails to understand is that even if a non-union company is hired, according to the New York Labor laws, ANY company doing work for a municipality MUST PAY UNION WAGES to its workers. So, where are the savings? Non-union companies can get away with employees doing TWO jobs for ONE check (the same guy who drives the truck can also load and unload, do some of the actual hands-on labor, etc.) I know that's "splitting hairs," but it's also kind of a "sneaky" way of getting the low bid. "Cheaper isn't always better" (to quote "had enough yet").

Post Ok

I don't want to move from your comment about Unions specially if you can be elected and vote on how business is done in our community. If a Unionized company was low bid and a non union company was high bid I would expect the low bidder to get the work. Specially if the work is no different from one company to the other.

I agree with you.

I too hate burden-cost-debt on the innocent, monopolies, political BS, etc.----why do you think I put myself out there trying to fight against all the paybacks, scams, plots to take over etc. I could easily sit back and look the other way like so many do......BUT I don't, I have been on a very long journey against the same things you are. Have you not followed my thread on corruption. I HATE it that union big-shots get to go to a convention in Vegas when their co-workers are sacrificing union dues that they could buy groceries with for the creeps to go! I understand, WNYresident, I understand.
    You are right, I should have just said Buy American.

Every decision is unique.....I should have just said all angles must be weighed. Remember though, the law states the bid should go to the most "responsible bidder", not always the lowest.
    That's all.

Post Oh what a tangled web......

Called the Erie County Board of Elections yesterday........

City of Lackawanna Primary Election, VOTE canvassing appr. 3:00 pm Friday September 23, 2011 at the BOE on Eagle Street.

Post TGIF.......The Democratic Primary WINNER in Lackawanna, NY is..........

Letter on Erie County Board of Elections web page about Primary Vote count process. (Not good at attachments yet, sorry---going to take a course soon)

Rumor has it that School Board member Lisa Friend & hubby (who also works for the city) have begun building a new home in Orchard Park and that their oldest son Jimmy would be moving into their current home. Just wondering what policies there are for School Board members & residency.... would she have to give up her slot on the Board? Would dear, sweet hubby have to give up his paid secretary job??? Would their other son, who ironically also works for our city, lose his job too? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why would someone want to represent a community they dont' live in?

Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bethpark12 View Post
    Exactly!!!
    ask geoff

Quote Originally Posted by bethpark12 View Post
    Rumor has it that School Board member Lisa Friend & hubby (who also works for the city) have begun building a new home in Orchard Park and that their oldest son Jimmy would be moving into their current home. Just wondering what policies there are for School Board members & residency.... would she have to give up her slot on the Board? Would dear, sweet hubby have to give up his paid secretary job??? Would their other son, who ironically also works for our city, lose his job too? Inquiring minds wanna know!
    Lisa Friends position on the the board is useless. Her main function on the board was to get hubby a job, people at city hall laugh their A**$ off, a plumber with a cake walk job that he cannot handle. I read on one of Tony Mingarelli's flyer that some women in the school district of 10 years was fired so Kenny could have a job. Go figure, what a joke. So if there is a residency rule there will be no loss regarding Lisa & hubby. If there is a loophole to be found in the school district policy John Maykeyenko will find it. If their son works for the city and will reside in Bethpark I'm sure if needed the Friends will still use that address.
    Last edited by getalife123; September 29th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Nice flyer in the mail today about Dion's residency, even has a nice pic of his "home" in Hamburg.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    Nice flyer in the mail today about Dion's residency, even has a nice pic of his "home" in Hamburg.

scan it in and post it up!

If the guy really doesn't live in your community tell him to go away.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information