Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sewers to increase taxes $200/month for 30 years

Sewers to increase taxes $200/month for 30 years

I did not attend the Town Board meeting last night. I did read portions of the meeting online. Is it true this was mentioned at the meeting as the cost to taxpayers to fix the sewers.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So home owners property taxes would go up 2400 a year?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So home owners property taxes would go up 2400 a year?
    I think someone has some figures twisted. That does not sound right.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

30 years not 300 years. Public meeting for March 26 @ 5:00 PM. Town Board approved .Do not know where

Think I read at the Senior Center
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Who other than property owners should have to pay to repair the sewers?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Who other than property owners should have to pay to repair the sewers?
    Here is a question..

Why don't the small group of people who control each town pre-plan for maintenance items? Such as sewer and road repair? . It is common sense for the most part. Things wear out.

Here is a question..

Why don't the small group of people who control each town pre-plan for maintenance items? Such as sewer and road repair? . It is common sense for the most part. Things wear out.
    and if they had planned for it, Who other than property owners should have to pay to repair the sewers?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    and if they had planned for it, Who other than property owners should have to pay to repair the sewers?
    Preventative maintenance and cash reserves for items that need repair. When you borrow money it ends up costing you more.

Preventative maintenance and cash reserves for items that need repair. When you borrow money it ends up costing you more.
    Who other than property owners would pay for "preventative maintenance" and creating a cash reserve? And what difference does it make now that those things were not done. Who other than the property owners should pay for the repair of the sewers?

People are arguing about this issue as if someone else should have to pay for the repairs. who would that be?

TJ Pignataro should research an article before writing on West Seneca sewer problem. You would think his editor would question how in one report { Live blog of West Seneca Town Board Meeting last week } , he reported taxes going up on West Seneca taxpayer's $200/month for 30 years. Today he writes the increase to Town taxpayer's on the sewer bond is costing $200/ a year. Which is it ? If you are going to report the news you should attempt to write facts. The difference between the two articles to Town residents is very substantial.

No way it was $200 a month, common sense would tell one that. But then again when it comes to WNY politics common sense is out the door.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    TJ Pignataro should research an article before writing on West Seneca sewer problem. You would think his editor would question how in one report { Live blog of West Seneca Town Board Meeting last week } , he reported taxes going up on West Seneca taxpayer's $200/month for 30 years. Today he writes the increase to Town taxpayer's on the sewer bond is costing $200/ a year. Which is it ? If you are going to report the news you should attempt to write facts. The difference between the two articles to Town residents is very substantial.
    Maybe Town residents should get their information directly from the town instead of relying on some blogger and then squawking like a large, hysterical Chicken Little because said blogger got his/her numbers skewed. I went to the Town of WS website, followed the "government" tab into the town board meeting calendar, and found this agenda item document: Sanitary Sewer Meeting.

Apparently this sewer project doesn't affect everyone in the town, but only those in certain sewer districts. And the cost is estimated to be about $200 a year, not $2400 a year. It's all there in black and white.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Apparently this sewer project doesn't affect everyone in the town, but only those in certain sewer districts. And the cost is estimated to be about $200 a year, not $2400 a year. It's all there in black and white.
    Flat fee or based on the value of your home? $200 / 12 = $16 a month. If it needs to be done it needs to be taken care of. I wonder why maintenance/replacement items are not accounted for each year so there is some money left for the projects. Why always borrow if not needed. You save money.

Flat fee or based on the value of your home? $200 / 12 = $16 a month. If it needs to be done it needs to be taken care of. I wonder why maintenance/replacement items are not accounted for each year so there is some money left for the projects. Why always borrow if not needed. You save money.
    It's based on the assessed value of the homes in the affected areas. The cost of the sewer upgrades is about $30 million according to the document, and is the result of the Consent Decree with the DEC. It affects only 3 sewer districts in the town.

It's kind of hard to "plan" for that big a project that isn't routine maintenance/replacement. Most taxpayers would be put out if their town was stockpiling tens of millions of dollars in a "rainy day fund".
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information