Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Mayoral Candidate Geoffrey Szymanski's Platform

Post Narcissist is also fitting!

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, means extreme haughtiness, pride
    or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality
    and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities,
    especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

An overestimation of one's own competence...is a perfect way
    to describe Szymanski's run for the mayor of Lackawanna. Just because
    the last guy set the bar so low, Geoff thinks that this job is up to
    his abilities. What he has done with his time on the city council is
    the only measuring stick that voters need. Below is a direct quote
    from Geoff, taken from the Am-Pol newsletter.

"As a part-time councilman, I have demonstrated the leadership,
    ability and vision this community needs. I have a track record of
    getting things done. As a full-time mayor, I certainly plan on getting
    a lot more done,” said Szymanski.

Now that is hubris!

Can you recognize a narcissist?
    It is difficult to recognize a narcissist because he (or she) spends all of his time acting, protecting his ego by presenting to the world a mask, a false image of himself. Consequently he becomes a master of deceit. But it is extremely important to be able to recognize people whose behavior is detrimental to them, or to their organization's performance.

Don't forget I sat next to Geoff for four years on the City Council..........at first hand he comes across as an easy-going guy, willing to listen and compromise to do the job right....... He professes to be highly educated even though he only had worked at patronage jobs and is a laborer(I am not knocking) but shouldn't he be behind a desk with all his knowledge; and was in the military (decorated for what) like my son, so I thought he and I would get along great and together pool our ideas/plans to move Lackawanna along.
    But I was WRONG, he is one of the "party soldiers", a weak guy who can not think for himself and is a complete follower, NOT a leader at all.
    He plagiarizes issues for his campaign issues because he did NOTHING to speak on in his " 6 " long years on the Council and went along with the rest of the boys to block every piece of progress I put on the Council agenda's or questioned them on. He gave me a very hard time and is good at nasty cracks and being a bully like the rest.

ie.
    May 2, 2005 Council Minute Archives:
    To: City Council

Enclosed you will find a resolution pass unanimously by the Amherst Town Board. I am requesting your honorable body review and approve this resolution. There are registered sex offenders living in our area. In some cases, an injunction has been issued which prohibits the release of any information regarding the offender to the public. This is upsetting to members of the community and I can understand their reactions in light of the recent deaths of two teenage girls in Florida by an individual with criminal records as sex offenders. Any questions on the resolution, please contact my office.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI, JR.

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Estrada, to receive and file, act on resolution.

Yeas: Kozub, Jaworski, Schiavi, Estrada, Spadone. Carried.
    September 6, 2005 Lackawanna City Council Minutes:
    Communications from the Mayor:

Sex Offender Resolution

In order to offer our children a higher level of protection from convicted sex offenders, I am requesting your honorable body pass the attached resolution regarding the New York State Sex Offender Registration Act. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI JR.

Moved by Spadone, seconded by Jaworski to receive and file and act on resolution.

Yeas: Kozub, Jaworski, Schiavi, Estrada, Spadone. Carried.

November 21, 2005 Lackawanna City Council Minutes:

Code Enforcement Violation Tickets

I would like to schedule a work session with your honorable body regarding the proposal of a code enforcement violation ticket, which will be issued on site. Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated.

THOMAS LOVE COMMISSIONER OF PUBLIC WORKS

Moved by Estrada, seconded by Spadone, request granted, work session set for Friday, November 25 at 2:30 p.m.
    December 5, 2005 Lackawanna City Council Minutes:
    Landlord Licensing/Rental Registry

The intent of the above mentioned program is to regular the offering of rental units in order to protect the public health, safety and general welfare of the citizens of Lackawanna. I have had a phone conversation with David Gilmour of the city of Buffalo Rental Registry Program in reference to specifics the program can offer to the city. I would like to schedule a work session with the Council to discuss the aspects of the program. Mr. Gilmour is available for an additional work session if needed.

RICARDO ESTRADA, FIRST WARD COUNCILMAN

Moved by Estrada, seconded by Spadone work session scheduled for 12/14/05 for 3p.m.

Yeas: Kozub, Jaworski, Schiavi, Estrada, Spadone.Carried.

Geoff Szymanski just sent another fancy card saying he " authored " these two Lackawanna LAWS............If he is lying trying to go into the Mayors' Office , what do you think will go on throughout his term? And the Council President he/they/the club picked will go along with ALL of his agenda items WITHOUT any question the exact way the team has done for the past eight years!
    How does he/they do it.....are they also sociopaths?

You can read it for yourself, I had nothing to do with anything in 2005 and neither did Geoff. How dare he use the above for his BIG issues of accomplishments. Why didn't he add his ability to fix tickets for his drinking buddies?
    Last edited by andreahaxton; November 5th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Typical Lackawanna politician especially after that ego trip of an article in the Buffalo News yesterday. Let's see. The councilman has had six years to do things for Lackawanna and he has done zilch. He has been invisible until this year. He also says he voted no on the last 2 budgets. That sounds great doesn't it? Problem is he voted NO because of J-O-B-S! Not because of taxes and the other rhetoric he puts out there! This guy just can't tell the truth. He ranks right up there with Joe Biden and his plagarizing ways as far the laws he supposedly "wrote".

If your only accomplishments are 2 laws that you supposedly "wrote" after 6 years in office how does this qualify you to be mayor? I've looked at this guy's record there is nothing of substance to speak of.

"He professes to be highly educated even though he only had worked at patronage jobs and is a laborer(I am not knocking) but shouldn't he be behind a desk with all his knowledge;"

Through the grapevine I have heard Geoff was put behind a desk at the Water Authority because he was unable to competently do the laborer job. I'm sure he has a different story. None the less he has accomplished zilch as others have reported. It will be a shame if he becomes our Mayor. And what's with the farmer's hat in the picture in the news. Had to chuckle when I saw that.

He failed a meter readers test and was given another job. If your so educated how does that happen? Notice the word "given".

Post Thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Typical Lackawanna politician especially after that ego trip of an article in the Buffalo News yesterday. Let's see. The councilman has had six years to do things for Lackawanna and he has done zilch. He has been invisible until this year. He also says he voted no on the last 2 budgets. That sounds great doesn't it? Problem is he voted NO because of J-O-B-S! Not because of taxes and the other rhetoric he puts out there! This guy just can't tell the truth. He ranks right up there with Joe Biden and his plagarizing ways as far the laws he supposedly "wrote".
    YOU are right!-----Another lie:Special Council Meeting

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Special session of the Lackawanna City Council met in the Council Chambers, Council President Chuck Jaworski presiding. The meeting was preceded by the Pledge of Allegiance led by Council President Pro-Tempore Geoffrey Szymanski.

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance
    NB: Meeting being recorded.
    Roll Call: Present: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi

Excused: Jaworski
    Dept. Heads: Present: Law, Public Safety, Development
    Excused: Public Works, Recreation

Ordinance- Budget Amendment – Reinstate Employees

An ordinance amending the 2010-2011 budget ordinance adopted June 1, 2010

Be it enacted by the City Council of the City of Lackawanna, New York as follows:

Section 1. That the 2010-2011 budget is amended to reinstate the laid off employees and provide funding for one additional laborer and season laborers in the department of public works.

Section 2. That the budget is amended to add $25,000 to code A1620.0101, $5,000 to code A3120.0101, $7,000 to code A3410.0101, $23,000 to code A3620.0101, $37,000 to code A5110.0101 and $6,000 to new code A5110.0104

Section 3. That the 2010-2011 budget is amended to appropriate $38,000 of the city's fund balance and transfer $40,000 from Code A9000.9050, unemployment insurance and $25,000 from A3120.0101, 1 (one) police captain position removed upon retirement.

THIS ORDINANCE SHALL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY.

Moved by Szymanski, seconded Schiavi, to amend ordinance.

Yeas: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi. Carried 4-0

Moved by Szymanski, seconded by Schiavi to adopt ordinance as written.

Yeas: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi. Carried 4-0
    GEOFFREY SZYMANSKI, COUNCIL PRESIDENT PRO-TEMPORE

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************
    Notice Jaworski was absent because he knows we do not have the money for extras and had already passed the City Budget. Geoff was simply vying for votes so he changed the already in place City of Lackawanna Budget for 2010/2011' to suit his own needs ( the robots are easy to wind).
    He tricked the unsuspecting Citizens and still thinks he can trick them but you all can read the facts I posted from the City web.

I do not want anyone to ever lose a job either, BUT..........GEOFF is telling another lie regarding voting on the last two budgets. He voted for ALL the rest,even the election bonus budget for family and friends without blinking an eye in 2008!
    Yes, he did vote done two budgets, BUT, held his own Special COUNCIL MEETING as you can read above and VOTED BACK IN the things in the Budget he had voted against in June and now using for his campaign accomplishments!

Pretty sneaky and misleading lies.......of course most of the DPW guys are backing him (picture of Geoff with DPW guys in front of bulldozer on yesterdays fancy postcard), do they have a choice?

Notice he said," fund balance ".....the very thing I keep harping about........yes, you are sooo right bluethunder, " what coffers"?!?

Speaking of platforms this guys should be a blank page. If you haven't done nothing in six years why would you think he will do anything now?

Several Questions:
    Why would Szymanski who is supposedly running a clean campaign attack a guy who quit running for mayor?
    Why would he attack the residency of Watkins when he lives at 86 Wasson?
    Why would he not debate Watkins and say its because he isn't even on the ballott?

One answer:

Because he has no record of doing anything of substance whatsoever and he is running scared!!!

Decades of the same old same old need to come to an end!!! There is no better time than now for change!! Vote Dion Watkins for Mayor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Several Questions:
    Why would Szymanski who is supposedly running a clean campaign attack a guy who quit running for mayor?
    Why would he attack the residency of Watkins when he lives at 86 Wasson?
    Why would he not debate Watkins and say its because he isn't even on the ballott?

Because he has no record of doing anything of substance whatsoever and he is running scared!!!

Decades of the same old same old need to come to an end!!! There is no better time than now for change!! Vote Dion Watkins for Mayor!!!
    What change are you talking about? Mingarelli? Look at Watkins financial contibutions.
    Tony Mingarelli
    Byron Brown
    Chrystal Peoples

And he lives on Meadow Run in Hamburg. His contact number is 648-****

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    What change are you talking about? Mingarelli? Look at Watkins financial contibutions.
    Tony Mingarelli
    Byron Brown
    Chrystal Peoples
    This change:
    Dan Fitzgibbons
    Michael Sanders
    NORMAN POLANSKI
    ARC PETRICCA
    COMM FOR KEN MOTYKA
    FRANCIS WARTHLING
    RICHARD ZYBERT
    HODGSON RUSS LLP
    ERNEST REESE
    TOM BURKE
    MUCCI COLLISION
    ROBERT MCMANUS

Look at these contributors for July!!! Anyone see the connection between city and schools??
    Last edited by bluethunder; November 7th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Here's the latest:

KEN BROWN
    FRANK BYBEL
    ANTONIO SAVAGLIO
    FRANCIS WARTHLING
    CURLEYS BAR AND GRILL
    ARC. PETRICCA
    MUCCI COLLISION
    KEN STRELL
    AARON BRENNAN
    FRIENDS OF NORMAN POLANSKI
    EDWIN MAZGAJ
    NELSON COSGROVE
    FRIENDS OF MARK SCHROEDER
    MILLERS COLLISION
    JOHN MORETTI
    RIDGEWOOD PROP MNGMT
    ROBMAN CONSTRUCTION COMP
    RON MILLER
    TOM BURKE
    MARK WODZINSKI

Correct me if I am wrong but under the city charter you can not take cantributions from people or companies doing buisness with the city. I see a bunch of violations here and on the top one I posted!

This was the first ones listed:
    RALPH MIRANDA
    LACKA FIRE PAC
    CARL MORGAN
    DANIEL FITZPATRICK
    FRAN WARTHLING
    FRIENDS OF NORM POLANSKI
    ANT. SAVALGIO
    HODGSON AND RUSS LLP
    KEVIN SURDYKE
    EDWIN MAZGAJ
    JSP CIERECHOWICZ
    FRA ENGINEERING PC
    ARC PETRICCA
    LACKA FIRE DEPT PAC

I was wondering how many times do certian city employees have to donate or are their donations really from someone else? Any answers to this question?

A guy not running on this issues facing the city and what he helped create is pretty despicable. The dude wouldn't even debate Watkins! Talk about blowing off the issues. That is EXACTLY what he will do as Mayor because he has done the same as councilman.

I thought Szymanski wanted to dump Hodgson Russ? So why is he taking donations from them?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread Information