Thread: Assessments on WGRZ

Assessments on WGRZ

Check out the comments on wgrz site under holding power accountable. Type in either Lackawanna or assessments. Currently there are 4 comments. I wish I was the one to make the call. Time for assessment grievances on Thursday are wrong. Thursday is 4-8 PM. You have right up until that time to air your complaints on your property.

Thumbs up More info:

Here's the link for easy access and more info: Lackawanna Assessments

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here is what I don't like about "assessments"..

We get no benefit from them. Nope. Only if you sell your home. It's only a reason for our "government ran service providers" to charge more "service fees" to the non-government laborer/non-government business owner.

Who the hell cares if the value of their home goes up if you are planning for the most part to live there all your life? IF you paid 50,000 for your home and some person says.. your home is now worth $100,000 (the assessor) you will now pay twice for your "services". WHY? It's the same ol house it was before someone said in the "government ran assessors office" lets raise the price of all these homes in this area.

Thumbs up Assessment vs. market

Any assessment value and any market value are two different things. All markets are different.

Remember: buyer demand and ecomonic conditions establish market value.

When it comes to assessment value, it's interesting what professional assessors have to say. I'm also interesting what legal information local assessors provide in order to back up their statements.

I will definately attend local meetings, learn and compare. Many people ask about this important real estate issue.

Post Facts!

It is a known fact in Lackawanna that your assessment will get messed with if you are bold enough to speak out against the boys club incompetence and mis-management of city business.

Especially if you own a business, they really do not want their assessments increased because of the old-fashion two-tier tax system in Lackawanna. Homeowners are very low considering what our surrounding neighbors pay to live in Evans, Hamburg, etc. What they get back for their assessment/tax money makes a big difference though----clean neighborhoods, modern business districts, community/youth centers, nature/bike trails, community pools, sports facilities, etc., etc., etc.! They get a bang for their buck and people are impressed when they hear where they are from. People roll their eyes and we often get laughed at and hear put-downs because we are from Lackawanna! Sad, real sad.

P.S. Guess which Ceo's Father was City Assessor in the 60's? And remember I told you all that I heard him tell Frank the Lackawanna Assessor back in 2006 at a city property meeting, "Remember who hires you". After I asked Frank why we can't put a certain city parcel back on the market and he started to agree with me. Employment through intimidation is illegal isn't it? Breaking the First Amendment is too last time I checked.

Thumbs up

I attended an assessment hearing today. Interesting to listen what individuals and businesspeople have to say regarding new assessments.

Everyone has a story to tell and a lesson to learn. I will attend the hearing tomorrow.

Anything about changing addresses..... I want to change mine to a street in first ward so I can be like a certain city official and pay less taxes....

Thread Information