Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2 Words-Kevin Gaughan

What you have to do is get to the regular people not the people with city or school jobs who always get out and vote. If you can somehow do this you will win. I agree with you its time to change leadership in Lackawanna.Look,watch and see who is backing who.A lot of the retreads are backing new candidates only so they can stay with the same old politics as usual. If the city government people are backing candidates that more than likely means the current minority on the board is backing them to. The former board president Makeyenko is to blame for most of the hiring in the past.Why would you want him to get more support so he can keep on doing the same thing he has done in the past.Look at other comparable districts and see for yourself how many people they have on the payroll compared to Lackawanna. It's crazy!

Post Cleen Sweep

Someday when the corruption is exposed and the crooks go to jail, ---Then the apathetic silent majority will get mad and fired up enough to register and vote ALL the crooks out!
    Someday......
    Until then we have "The family and friends plan", aka "the machine" , a huge pyramid that has been carefully built for decades and decades controlling everything. They all owe each other for their jobs and use whatever goods they have on each other to secure more jobs and favors.
    Hence incompetency breeds and a get in and git yours attitudes. Power and greed have ruined organizations throughout history.

Thank goodness it is Not everyone, and often people start out with good intentions but cave when they are out-numbered by the schleppers on boards, classrooms,committees, departments, etc.
    Sadly their position becomes just a pay check to them and the School system or City lose out on their real ability to do their job right. Why should I kill myself attitude kicks in because their co-worker can sit around and gossip all day and get away with it, so.......they then do the bare minimum of work to get through the work day. Sad. Very sad for the innocent bystanders, our children and citizens. When I worked for the County I had co-workers call their "contact' who was a County Legislator if they did not want to do something and he would call the boss who would then give preferential treatment to that employee. Get it? Sad but true, government can get away with lack of accountability.

I agree Dennis, you have the right attitude. Private sector would not allow all the nonsense that goes on. Wrong fit of a job for alot of them pretending to be earning their paycheck, so we need a clean sweep of the creeps holding progress back in OUR City/Schools as a rule. There are certain people I backed that I still believe in and know they are trying to change 50+ years of nepotism,etc. I understand.

Something has to give, and I still think all 3 entities-the Schools, City, and Lackawanna Housing will all implode, someday. Justice will prevail.
    This is not meant to offend anyone, especially the honest hard-working caring people who do their job to the best of their ability.

I pray for change and a Clean Lackawanna, inside and out.

P.S. I can see people's hearts and I know there are very well meaning people in the Schools and City trying very hard to do the right thing. I am not criticizing your efforts nor am I judging you. I am tired of people who have not done a job talking negative, without having been there. Until they walk a mile in my shoes.....

Andrea, politics is rigged. We need to think and act strategically.

That's the point of my second book (the first diagnosed the problem--the political class).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0974925322?...ANMQKE1K3VKF1&

Pull your kids out of the schools; they are hopeless and reform is hopeless.

My next book, out this month, will outline even more direct action approaches.

These are all things YOU CAN DO NOW to beat the machine. We've been losing for fifty years. Time for a new battle plan.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    We need to think and act strategically...

These are all things YOU CAN DO NOW to beat the machine. We've been losing for fifty years. Time for a new battle plan.
    We? You've created a plan, wouldn't like to lead "A new battle"?

I think in many ways organizations are passe. The internet has changed things. As opposed to me running an organization, what I do now is create campaigns for change wherein everyone who is on board is like a one-person liberty cell. Highly decentralized. It's all about direct action on an individual level. The machine is one, big, clumsy but powerful organization. We need 100,000 one-person organizations fighting the machine on a daily basis.

Thumbs up

You can create as many organizations, clubs, groups, and businesses as you want. If you don't lead and move it forward, it/they'll get stuck.

Too many ideas, too much advice, and consultants. Too much blame and discussions.

Lack of leadership. That's what's missing to make this region profitable and successful. It's time to move forward with projects, insted of talking about the past. Did we learn a lesson, already?

Do I sound negative? This is how I feel.

The politicians would love it if we forgot about the past. They'd be off the hook.

As far as too many ideas--there are too many ideas that are not strategic.

If you look at state and local spending, then look at who creates the mindset of 90% of voters, you can only end up in one place: the local government school.

That's the target for real change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    Andrea, politics is rigged. We need to think and act strategically.

That's the point of my second book (the first diagnosed the problem--the political class).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0974925322?...ANMQKE1K3VKF1&

Another tome tripping on the heels of your most recent "scholarly" 137 pager??? ROTFLMAO. The lawyering business must be really slow.

Linda, you've turned into a bitter cyberstalker. Get some help if you need some. Forums are not the place for self-help therapy.

For the sane readers here, I have been writing on a professional basis since 1982, before I became a lawyer so the above remark is idiotic.

Thumbs up I want to be a writer

Best in writing, Mr. Ostrowski. You don't have to appologize. Remember a phrase from a popular movie, "I don't want to be a reader anymore, I want to be a writer!"

Enjoy doing what you like to do! Be yourself!

Best,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information