Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City Council

Where in my post did I say that "I" would like to see him sworn in?? Never did I say that I would....I said many people....not I. Learn to understand what you read! Your response make me think of the ones that were on here saying Noman was a terrorist.....no one said that, they said he was related to someone that was convicted of a terrorist act, please read and re-read to fully understand the written English word.
    Last edited by cath829; January 3rd, 2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Where in my post did I say that "I" would like to see him sworn in?? Never did I say that I would....I said many people....not I. Learn to understand what you read! Your response make me think of the ones that were on here saying Noman was a terrorist.....no one said that, they said he was related to someone that was convicted of a terrorist act, please read and re-read to fully understand the written English word.
    who the hell elected you to speak on behalf of the ppl who wanted to attend cath? what the hell do you care!! why are you acting like your SO concerned. you just love to nit pick. you and your 6 friends on here tried so hard to run a smear campaign for andrea and what ended up happening, she got CRUSHED!!! now you have nothin better to do but to act like your concerned about andrea attending. give up cath and face reality already!! abdul will represent the first ward for the next 8 years whether you or your 6 friends like it or not!! let it go cath!! get a freakin life for cryin out loud!!! you are so pathetic!! its disgusting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    who the hell elected you to speak on behalf of the ppl who wanted to attend cath? what the hell do you care!! why are you acting like your SO concerned. you just love to nit pick. you and your 6 friends on here tried so hard to run a smear campaign for andrea and what ended up happening, she got CRUSHED!!! now you have nothin better to do but to act like your concerned about andrea attending. give up cath and face reality already!! abdul will represent the first ward for the next 8 years whether you or your 6 friends like it or not!! let it go cath!! get a freakin life for cryin out loud!!! you are so pathetic!! its disgusting!!!
    The people who have voiced their opinions to me, that's who! I don't care either. I am concerned, as a citizen of Lackawanna, as to the way the rest of the citizens that are NOT part of the machine that actually voted for Abdul and that WANTED to see his ceremony, not as part of the Democratic machine, but people that voted for him AND were proud of him. As for Andrea, she was the First Ward representative for 4 years and all other ceremonies have always been in attendance for the "passing of the baton". I am showing the ignorance of the people who run this city, not Abdul. If he falls into place with them, so be it. I can care less as to who represents the First Ward, I do not live there. BTW, it's 4 years that Abdul will be representing the First Ward.

Like I said before it should have been open to the public. It always was and should always be. I did hear from a lot of people that said it was wrong. As far as a previous office holder being invited that was always tradition.Just look at our presidents Obama inviting Bush or Clinton inviting the 1st Bush.
    It's time to stop acting like little children and start acting like adults or even human beings for that matter some of the stuff that was done to others over the past years is disgusting and totally unwarranted. That goes for everyone and not just one specific group and/or person. Your actions make Lackawanna look like a joke.No wonder everyone laughs at us.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The people who have voiced their opinions to me, that's who! I don't care either. I am concerned, as a citizen of Lackawanna, as to the way the rest of the citizens that are NOT part of the machine that actually voted for Abdul and that WANTED to see his ceremony, not as part of the Democratic machine, but people that voted for him AND were proud of him. As for Andrea, she was the First Ward representative for 4 years and all other ceremonies have always been in attendance for the "passing of the baton". I am showing the ignorance of the people who run this city, not Abdul. If he falls into place with them, so be it. I can care less as to who represents the First Ward, I do not live there. BTW, it's 4 years that Abdul will be representing the First Ward.
    BTW, its gonna be 8 years, i know what i said and you know what i meant!!

Don't count chickens before they are hatched. Jumping the gun!

Sorry Rez - they are right on this one.

Inauguration is ALWAYS in a public venue. Even if invitations go out, it is still open to the public. In the past it has been in City Hall, either the Council Chambers or the Court Room, or at the Senior Citizen's Center. Then the candidates can host a party afterward either with the Political Party or on their own that they are free to invite who they want.

I just hope the City isn't paying for any of these festivities since it is not open to the public!

Thumbs up

Do we all know what will happen tomorrow or later today?

BTW, its gonna be 8 years, i know what i said and you know what i meant!!
    So if he does a bad job he will get reelected. I do not think so. He has his work really cut out for him I really wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Do we all know what will happen tomorrow or later today?
    Heck no, I have seen my life change in the past week when 2 of my relatives died.As far as politics go today's hero is tommorow's goat. Politics is an everchanging thing one little mistake and it could be a hurtful one.To already pencil somebody in for another 4 years is just plain stupid.

Thumbs up listen and learn

Abdul Noman hasn't started working yet. The real work-decision makings and moving new projects-is ahead of him. Don't judge but expect unexpected. ey, you never know! Time will tell!!

For now, he has to listen and learn. He has to define his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post

Inauguration is ALWAYS in a public venue. Even if invitations go out, it is still open to the public. In the past it has been in City Hall, either the Council Chambers or the Court Room, or at the Senior Citizen's Center. Then the candidates can host a party afterward either with the Political Party or on their own that they are free to invite who they want.

I just hope the City isn't paying for any of these festivities since it is not open to the public!
    There is a conflict since it is held at Mr.Warthling's family's place.I was going to ask the same question about who is paying for this since the public was not invited. Should be the Democratic Party not the City of Lackawanna.Good luck getting any type of answers on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Abdul Noman hasn't started working yet. The real work-decision makings and moving new projects-is ahead of him. Don't judge but expect unexpected. ey, you never know! Time will tell!!

For now, he has to listen and learn. He has to define his voice.
    I agree with you on this Zanna but there is a lot to overcome it is not going to be easy. I really would like to see someone- anyone for that matter just do the right thing and vote their conscience not what the "party" wants.I have talked to Abdul he has a good agenda but I just hope he gets some much needed help from the others on the council.If he doesn't I hope he does call them out on it when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post

i never said that i agree with the venue. i just replied to caths post when she said abdul should invite andrea thats all. she didnt even congratulate him when he won. not a phone call or email or anything. so why should he invite her? would you? be honest.

i never said that i agree with the venue. i just replied to caths post when she said abdul should invite andrea thats all. she didnt even congratulate him when he won. not a phone call or email or anything. so why should he invite her? would you? be honest.
    If you want to show someone that you are better than they are. Then the answer is yes you should have.Really though I understand the circumstances and Mr.Noman would be probably hammered by his fellow council members for doing it.Sorry but I call it like I see it.Please do not take offense by this post.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information