Thread: Legal Document Sparks Controversy In WNY Assembly District

Legal Document Sparks Controversy In WNY Assembly District

NYS of Politics http://www.nystateofpolitics.com/

Posted by Ryan Whalen on August 26th

Here’s the latest connection to state Assembly candidate Kristy Mazurek and Steve Pigeon, the Western New York political operative facing charges for allegedly bribing a judge. According to records from the Erie County Clerk’s office, Pigeon granted Mazurek power of attorney this week to handle his real estate transactions.

Pigeon signed the document Monday from San Diego County in California. Mazurek officially acknowledged her new legal responsibility a day later.

“Kristy was merely using a Power of Attorney for a real estate transaction that was months in the making,” stated her campaign manager David Pfaff. “She did this because the individual concerned was out of town when the papers were being signed. She received no financial benefit and to suggest she did is outrageous.”

According to a listing attributed to RealtyUSA, Pigeon’s waterfront condo in Buffalo was priced at $389,900 and a sale was pending last month. Early this month, the condo was delisted.
    It’s the same residence, state and federal agents raided in May 2015, leading to Pigeon’s indictment. His attorney is arguing there were issues with the warrant.

But Mazurek’s critics say it’s just another example of how closely the candidate and the political operative are connected. She was the treasurer of an oft-criticized political action committee, the WNY Progressive Caucus, that was partially funded by Pigeon.

“It is inconceivable that someone who is running for public office and asking the public to put their confidence and trust in her would be so closely aligned in the personal and professional affairs of a man who is indicted for bribing a state judge,” her primary opponent Monica Wallace said.

Pfaff called it a non-issue though, noting that everyday thousands of people use power of attorney for business transactions. He shot back at the endorsed Democrat, Wallace.

“We have officially entered the silly season, if her opponent is leveling outrageous allegations about when and how a Power of Attorney is used. As a person who claims to be a law professor, she should know better,” Pfaff said.

He said Mazurek doesn’t plan to make any further comments about the issue, rather she is spending her time walking door-to-door to talk about the “issues that are important to real people.”

--------------------

I don't know who is worse: Pigeon, Mazurek or Pfaff!!

These three reek of corruption and should be nowhere near a leadership post representing beautiful Lancaster!!!

Someone should warn San Diego, and QUICK!! Pigeon probably looks at them as saps who he could con into another political scam.

And too bad we're stuck with Mazurek and Pfaff here in WNY. These two are darn right parasitic and mad hungry for power. Drunk with power may fit with these two, LOL.

If Kristy shows up at my home when going "door-to-door" she'll get a piece of my mind, that is of course, after I hide my wallet and any other valuables. Not to mention bolting down the outdoor furniture, and making sure the family vehicles are locked. I guess she'd fit right in with the Albany crowd. She has all the crooked credentials necessary to be the next ethical failure and embarrassment for our community.

Who the hell does she think she's fooling anyway?????

Who would give a casual acquaintance Power of attorney? If Mazurek wins the assembly district will be run by Pigeon

http://www.wgrz.com/news/pigeon-taps...ondo/309460931

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    Who would give a casual acquaintance Power of attorney? If Mazurek wins the assembly district will be run by Pigeon

http://www.wgrz.com/news/pigeon-taps...ondo/309460931
    Ya got that right. SabreTooth!

All the Pigeon hangers-on like Mazurek and Pfaff are looking for a government-paid landing since Pigeon's time in local politics looks like it's coming to an end, for a while at least. Sure he's off in San Diego today, but he has to come back to face the music and no doubt will be heading to prison for at least some amount of time.

So we the taxpayers/voters are stuck with feeding the greedy mouths of Pigeon's corrupt political army, with Kristy and Pfaff being the most well-known. Especially with Pfaff looking for a new job come January when his current taxpayer-fed salary ends when his boss State Senator Marc Panepinto leaves office since Pfaff is on the state payroll under Panepinto. More crookedness there, too.

Pigeon probably hopes Kristy wins because once his prison sentence ends he'll need a job and Kristy would hire this bum in about one second.

Taxpayers and voters should run these shady characters out of town on a rail!

If this election is about anything, it's about the scum that surrounds Pigeon and their need to continue to feed on the public's dime.

And all three of these people have had run-ins with the law, with arrests and other crazy behaviors that should clearly rule them out of any public position.

Mazurek is the poster child for dysfunction and outrageousness. She's a train wreck, after being thrown under a fleet of buses, having just been dragged in by the cat!

Fool me once (Gabryszak) shame on you!

Fool me twice (Wozniak) shame on me!!

Fool me a third time (Mazurek) you would need your gosh darn head examined!!!

It's that simple.

Readers, you know Pigeon wants another job at the state legislature, especially when he unscrupulously grabbed control of the state senate a few years ago in a coup he organized with the GOP and a few corrupt senators led by Pigeon-pal and currently imprisoned Pedro Espada, Jr., and we all should recall how Pigeon was then awarded with a political patronage appointment as majority counsel for the senate, at an annual taxpayer-fed $150,000 salary.

Does anyone think Kristy Mazurek had a problem with that?

The guy (Pigeon) controlled the state senate for two years and Kristy expects us to believe Pigeon does not control her?

Outlandish! Chutzpah!! incomprehensible!!!

Kristy can't possibly believe people would buy into such nonsense.

Anyway, then there's her campaign manager who also is looking for a political job in the state legislature also at the expense of state taxpayers because his current state legislature job is coming to a screeching halt on December 31st when his current boss leaves a state senator position. Would a Mazurek administration as a member of the state assembly become a launching pad for former members of Team Pigeon, above and behind Kristy, Pigeon and Pfaff? Probably, most-likely, how could it not?

Readers, I thought Russell Sugg was a terrible choice for state assembly, because his promotion of the former supervisor and other political hacks he ran with last year. I still hold that view. Essentially, what you have here are bookends of political opportunists - on one side are the Pigeon people looking for a cushy, soft landing in yet another government job, and on the other are the remnants of a Lancaster GOP in shambles since their all-too-expected takeover of Lancaster town government went up in flames with the complete rejection of every one of their candidates last year, including Sugg, and their being out-maneuvered by a resurgent Lancaster Town Democratic Committee in 2013.

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

It's a great one to watch, and in the coming weeks, probably a lot to say about the fascinating and down-right hilarious rationales for their election coming from these two bookends: Mazurek and Sugg.

LOL

So boring Breezy, is that all you got? We know Kristi has her challenges-we know Pigeon is corrupt but to lump Sugg in the group is plain desperation.

Wallace, Breezy what course(s) does she teach?

Thread Information