Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    You won't see more vehicles on Dick Rd, you will see a disruption and delays in what is already there until the light timing situation gets fixed.

If it's just an adjustment of light timing then that is no reason to block this development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Back in the day when Captains Cove was a hopping place, CPD officers worked traffic control on Friday evenings because of all the traffic going in and out for fish fry Friday. They would stop traffic on Dick Rd to let the left turners out, of course that was before Barone traffic light
    Man, I miss Captain's Cove
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Just a few things. It's not the job of the zoning board to uphold the town's zoning code. Among its responsibilities the zoning board considers applications for variances from the zoning code. My understanding is that the criteria for deciding whether to grant a variance are spelled out in state law. If an applicant makes the case they get the variance...even if people don't like it. The reason the state requires a zoning board in any town with a zoning code is because they know that many elected local officials are spineless weasels who are afraid to say boo to a room full of local loudmouths. Leftie, you'd be amazed at the number of people who whine like 7 year old girls when they discover that a property near their residence is zoned to allow a use they don't like. A classic in my town was the Hyatt hotel at the Lord Amherst in Amherst. The property had been zoned for hotel uses for about 50 years. A bunch of people built "high end" homes nearby only to discover that a hotel was going up next door. The only real argument they had against the hotel was that they had a lot of money and a really nice house and "no one told me." Of course, the elitiss left out the fact that they never asked. That said, I would've denied the variance because I don't like their coffee.

God forbid a successful business that pays taxes moves into the area.....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

WNYResident I inquired as to who owns the Hortons next to your shop after 2 phone calls I finally received the names The owners are Tina and Ronald Laity apparently they also own the store in the Galleria, the location on walden avenue next to Basil and the union and George urban store. I do drive by your shop throughout the week and I do notice the garbage all over the lawn next to you from that coffee shop it is an eye sore.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It isn't all generated just by the donut shop. It just adds to what is already accumulating. You pick it up and in a day or two it's all back. Seriously a lot of trash seems to come near the bus stop and then blows our way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information