Thread: Happy New Year! Welcoming 2010, a NEW Decade for Lackawanna!

Cool Happy New Year! Welcoming 2010, a NEW Decade for Lackawanna!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas with their loved ones. I went to a friends Christmas party last Saturday out East Eden Road and passed through the Village of Hamburg to get there. Wow! I have said it before and I will say it again, Hamburg really has it going on---their Town Hall is decorated so sharp, the streets etc. WoW! They must have Citizen/Business committees that work with their reps to "git er done", etc. Planning-planning-planning and commitment to the public. They maintain their old-fashion integrity but combine it with the modern times.
    Why can't Lackawanna? I know WE can "Change Lackawanna" if WE want it bad enough and put personal differences aside for the betterment of ALL.

king norm, I know you read this and I know you travel, so PLEASE help us get OUR City out of 1950, visually take some tips from other communities! I appreciate any decorations but what we have is truly pathetic, even dollar store red ribbons on both trees would have helped. I know you do not want to spend money on beautification but please go to your State buddies to help us move into 2010.
    Other communities are laughing at us and it saddens me because OUR children are soon to inherit the broken bones of "Lack"awanna!

My New Year's wish is for us to move The City of Lackawanna into the 2000's! Lackawanna has always been "Talkin' Proud!" BUT, other communities look down on us. Exactly why I ran for Council and had to allow myself to be put through all the orange crates public humiliation and personal attacks. A suggestion, Let's try to get it to together, City-Schools, and Housing. Enough Poli-tricks and just take care of business, get off your power trips and take care of the people and our babies future life here when we are all gone. I know what my tombstone will say.

I requested the Council work to get the Citizen's Committee appointed according to our City Code and you all sent it to the mayor. Please follow through with this committee because we are currently in violation of our own laws and this 20+ group will be the Official Community WATCHDOGS of ALL Lackawanna City Hall Business. ALL.
    Can I apply for a spot?--- I live in the 1st Ward.

Post Different World

We are all well aware of the turbulent weather changes happening daily throughout WNY and the entire world.
    I tried to get a disaster relief plan for the First Ward BUT.....we have no where to run for shelter but the tiny Lackawanna Fire Hall on Ridge that would not ever accommodate all of us in case of an emergency. Yesterdays storm was really scary and planning for public safety is critical.

I wish king norm and company have plans for us especially in our industrial setting and huge traffic jams.
    The rest of the city is close to the Lackawanna Senior Center on Martin road, the official disaster center where they could all easily get to. We, the First Ward have no community building big enough to warm and feed the public if God forbid a disaster hits us "back" here. Help us and educate us on YOUR disaster plans for our protection.

I wish the former Friendship House will be made into the new Lackawanna City Hall and annex a Community/Recreation Center on the 5 acres. It is so much more cost effective to do this than YOUR $19 million + plan for a new city hall.
    I also wish the orange crate holds up and noone gets hurts if it shifts because it has been on borrowed time for decades now.
    Your platform, norm?

Smile May your Wishes Come True and Bushels of Blessings!

We went downtown last night to the ball drop after I spent some time praising our Lord at Mt. Olive Church last night. It was very exciting and boy oh boy, does Pastor Watkins Church have it going on! WoW!

I hope and pray that this year is going to be the best year of every one's life!
    Good Health-Good Health-Good Health, to all!
    I wish you all peace and prosperity.
    A new decade but also a time to learn from the past and move on.
    To all you Andrea Haxton haters, I send you extra blessings! I did my job and I did it well. It is not my fault that you want Lackawanna City business covered up from the public.

Just because you all have the money to buy fancy clothes to make your outside look nice, the suits and turtlenecks can not cover up your heart that God sees.
    My New Years wish for you scrooge types who love your Lackawanna paycheck more than .... , I wish you have a change of heart before it is too late.

Thread Information