Thread: Previously Missing 10 Y/O

Previously Missing 10 Y/O

I must be getting old and out of touch.
    The child that was missing last week had run off with her boyfriend. She is 10.
    She had a Facebook account and Instagram or some such.

Isn't that a little young for social media? It's definitely too young for a boyfriend.

I feel horrible for saying this, but that kid is going to be pregnant before she is 14. Her parents, if there are actually two of them, have failed that child.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can't believe what parents allow their kids to do on computers. I see it all the time.

Some parents also teach their children it is ok to steal. I work on computers that get infected. Many times the viruses come from illegal music/video sites. I tell the parents how the computer was infected and what to avoid. Goes in one ear and out the other. I'll say you know you are stealing music when you are down loading from music pirate sites. You know what the parent says? "Well I don't really want to pay a buck a song through itunes". I say have you kid get a part time job and buy their own music. In the end they are fine letting their kids be music thieves.

I also tell parents to watch who their kids are talking to on facebook or email. Most say they do but others say "I trust my kid." I just say ok.

Well the rule is 13+ for FB but good parenting is a lost art these days
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information