Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Truck Ban

Post Facts!

COUNCIL MEETING

COUNCIL CHAMBERS

Monday, March 2, 2009
    Traffic Ordinance - Truck route system

1. An ordinance rescinding the truck route system for the City of Lackawanna, New York, enacted on May 7, 2007, and reenacting Municipal Code section 215.53 providing for a total gross weight limit of ten thousand pounds to travel upon or operate on any public street, road, highway, or public thorofare in the City of Lackawanna except for Hamburg Turnpike and Abbott Road (complete text of ordinance on file in the City Clerk's Office).

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Kulczyk, ordinance be adopted as read.

Yeas: Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Nays: Haxton Carried 4 – 1

It has been one year now, and guess how much litigation costs regarding the legality of this ordinance on U.S. Route 62, South Park Avenue are now.....You're Right! They are reaching "6" figures!-----
    In my opinion we could have fixed our entire cities' pot-hole filled streets, ( especially in front of the Library) with this money!
    I also want to know why our First Ward section of Ridge Road is not loaded with the huge craters too?
    It is either because we do not see the snow-plows as much as the other side of the bridge OR an Engineer who knew what he was doing made sure there was superior work done!

Truck Ban

Apparently no one from the City Council travels across the bridge much - those ruts and pot holes and craters seem to get worse and worse every day! I almost got hit head on by a school bus the other morning as it tried to avoid one of the big potholes and swurved into my lane as I was waiting for the light! That old school bus just bounced back to the left when it hit the giant manhole bump!

The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Post HaHaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco View Post
    Pretty funny, Steve! Great picture.

But really, the pot-hole/craters are NO JOKE! I wonder how many people put claims against the city for broken frames!
    City Hall is always reactive INSTEAD of being proactive, it makes me sick!

Did anyone see the news today about the policeman who wants to LOWER the Mayor of Blasdells' salary? I guess he misses too many Village meetings because he is a prison guard and can't make the meetings.

Tom Love City of Lackawanna, Commissionor of Public Works should have a medal for his super human powers!----he worked " 80 " hours/week for the past " 20 " years as a prison guard in Gowanda AND the City of Lackawanna! AND still he continues to work for his 3rd pension....after he retired from the other jobs! Terrific Tom with super human powers--because he never needs to sleep, eat, see his family OR use the bathroom! WOW!
    What a man...........
    And look at the "_______ " shape Lackawanna is in! Ha. And you can count the record, Love missed more meetings than he attended too, and sneaks out during the meetings like the ... he is!
    Last edited by andreahaxton; March 5th, 2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Wording

Oh Andrea...Andrea.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Talking Facts.

How I wish things were different, BUT it is what it is. And if we did not have so much wrong, I/WE would not have anything to complain about.
    I wouldn't care if our City was in optimal shape, but....., I have been a community activist for over 20 years now. Things are getting worse, WHY?!

Truck Ban

Pot holes are no joke. Baker Victory Services employees HUNDREDS of people who don't live in Lackawanna and they have to cross that one-lane, potholed bridge twice a day. They have to drive passed the orange crate twice a day. They have to drive through our 'DOWNTOWN' Lackawanna twice a day. It's embarrassing! City Hall should be ashamed of themselves!

Unhappy Sad but true.

It has been almost 3 years since semi-trucks have rode over the bridge due to the construction, and that horrific section of Ridge Road by the Lackawanna Library is like a combat zone, so.......the boys can not blame the pot-holes/craters on the trucks tearing up the roads now, can they?!

I also agree about the orange elephant, back during Mayor Kathys' term all the reports came back stating that the Orange Crate was condemned in the late 90's-----and in 2000 along came stormin' norman. I wonder why he did not push for a capital fund budget item for a new City Hall that we Citizens deserved since the monstosity was built? In 2003 his only platform was that he will be a full-time Mayor and " No phone call goes unanswered ". What was his platform again in 2007? I forget. Oh, I remember now, it was accountibility and team work.

Unhappy What gives

Why does it take like 9months for the whole Route 5 to get rebuilt but almost 3years for a bridge to get done? Did anyone in this city ever hear of completion bonuses?? If you get it done in a year and a half we will give you x amount of dollars more etc. By the way since were on the topic of crumbling infrastructure when is this city going to replace or repair the bridge on Johnson St. Isn't there supposed to be a charter high school going in the former Washington school? When is 2nd Ward Councilmember Geoff Szymanski going to address this problem? If he would spend as much time addressing problems in his rapidly decaying ward as he did putting up posters for his stag party maybe it wouldn't look that way. Did you even see this guy at election time. Nope! What a disgrace! I don't just blame Geoff for this decaying ward problem but it started with Dan Kozub and continues to slide......rather rapidly. I think you need a citizens board to help you out Mr.Szymanski even though you want the provision taken out of the city charter as you stated at the last council meeting because there is no need for one. Yeah right!!You have no ideas or you all just don't care about our image!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    council meeting

council chambers

monday, march 2, 2009
    traffic ordinance - truck route system

1. An ordinance rescinding the truck route system for the city of lackawanna, new york, enacted on may 7, 2007, and reenacting municipal code section 215.53 providing for a total gross weight limit of ten thousand pounds to travel upon or operate on any public street, road, highway, or public thorofare in the city of lackawanna except for hamburg turnpike and abbott road (complete text of ordinance on file in the city clerk's office).

Moved by jaworski, seconded by kulczyk, ordinance be adopted as read.

Yeas: Szymanski, kulczyk, schiavi, jaworski

nays: Haxton carried 4 – 1

it has been one year now, and guess how much litigation costs regarding the legality of this ordinance on u.s. Route 62, south park avenue are now.....you're right! They are reaching "6" figures!-----
    in my opinion we could have fixed our entire cities' pot-hole filled streets, ( especially in front of the library) with this money!
    I also want to know why our first ward section of ridge road is not loaded with the huge craters too?
    It is either because we do not see the snow-plows as much as the other side of the bridge or an engineer who knew what he was doing made sure there was superior work done!
    why dont you get a job ?????

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    how i wish things were different, but it is what it is. And if we did not have so much wrong, i/we would not have anything to complain about.
    I wouldn't care if our city was in optimal shape, but....., i have been a community activist for over 20 years now. Things are getting worse, why?!
    because people like you constantly put people down and only see the negative...you have done nothing in your 4 years as a council member. Only bad mouth people and callthem names...nothing constuctive...just destructive.....if you dont like it in this city ...move...maybe you can go on the matchmaker show again you poor pathetic thing.

Talking HaHaHaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    why dont you get a job ?????
    I have wondered where you have been, toms or snot backwards---I mean smot. I see you are still flaunting your narcissistic, ignorant, and stinkin-thinkin mind set-----may the Lord forgive you "for you know not what you do".

Post Extra HaHaHaHa!

because people like you constantly put people down and only see the negative...you have done nothing in your 4 years as a council member. Only bad mouth people and callthem names...nothing constuctive...just destructive.....if you dont like it in this city ...move...maybe you can go on the matchmaker show again you poor pathetic thing.

I have done nothing?! HaHaHaHa! I put people down? I beg your pardon, if I found nothing illegal then,--I would have nothing to say but praise, ....I only called out the corruption and crookedness they do to the poor unsuspecting citizens. And it caused:

The Citizens' fired up over the orange crates ineptitude, I did what God sent me to do and I earned your/their hatred by telling the truth. The followers who cow down to the king caused their own negativity. I had nothing to do with it.

I will tell you one thing toms, if I were your boss, I would send you to computer school to learn how to use spell check. We all make mistakes but you take the cake! That is why I suspect that you are this one woman....

Citizens' opinion of what I accomplished in office is what matters to me--not yours. Anyone who has no relationship to the City or School, or they are not in the club ,totally understand what I accomplished and tried to do as the first female Council Member. Ha!

God Bless you, toms

I know for a fact that time after time that thousands of people out of Lackawanna understand what I accomplished. I am still on duty in office or not, I am dedicated to the good people of Lackawanna,and to OUR children. I do not need to go on a matchmaker show, I only did that for fun, I have never had any problems on the dating scene.

I forgot all about that show, I guess I really made an impression on you, toms.
    Thank You. Hundreds and hundreds of people tried to get on it, I did not even know what it was all about. I only wanted to go on a fun date and I left with a 16 page contract and ended up on the A & E Chanel. Go figure.

lol sounds alot like a description of yourself loser.By the way I see you never answer any posts constructively just with personal attacks. You run nothing but a campaign of hate.

The mole toms is cruising again......makes you wanna smack the mole right on the back of the neck!!! Another reason I moved from your sad city, the ignorant people!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information