Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Ban

This was about truck routes not Sorrento in itself that might be another thread.If everyone keeps complaining about buisnesses NYS will have nothing left.

it is a problem. it's a quality of life problem. If you ignore the little problems, big problems will soon appear. Example; King Norm and his merry men

Post Truth Be Told!

He and his henchmen were not too merry tonight at the truck ban public hearing and afterward his boys at the Lackawanna City Council meeting. All of their faces were brighter red than Santa's suit and Rudolph's nose together! Instead of the 2 armed policemen that they place in the meetings to protect themselves from the "citizens" , I suggest they place a paramedic and oxygen in the room in case one of them bust something!

FYI---our city code states the Council should appoint a Sargent of Arms to monitor the meetings----not police officers whose duty should be on patrol throughout the city, not standing in a meeting room---especially for what they get paid! Another code violation by king norm and his jokers ........!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    It is a proper response. It is a very viable option.
    No it is not a viable option. It is a stupid response.

The real response?

Replace and re-time the light at South Park and ridge. You do this, and the trucks keep moving and the dumb excuses being made are null and void.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post

The real response?

Replace and re-time the light at South Park and ridge. You do this, and the trucks keep moving and the dumb excuses being made are null and void.
    So the solution is spend more of our tax dollars. I disagree, I get through that intersection just fine.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thumbs up

I beleive it was channel 4 that caught myatention this morning. There was a report from the last night city council meeting and the city room had a full house of participants.

Sounds and looks the truck root issue is getting hot and people take sides.

Post Facts!

Check out the Buffalo News article today about the Truck Route through Lackawanna, some good comments I must say!

I am very sorry to all the innocent taxpayers footing the $100.000's + that it is costing you all for king norm and his henchmen's incompetent decision on the truck route in Lackawanna!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    This was about truck routes not Sorrento in itself that might be another thread.If everyone keeps complaining about buisnesses NYS will have nothing left.
    You realize of course you're the one that started this thread complaining about the truck routes to Sorrento, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    So the solution is spend more of our tax dollars. I disagree, I get through that intersection just fine.
    I disagree with not allowing trucks in that intersection. They need to be allowed back immediately.

They are stealing tax dollars and potentially more in the future by hurting a business like Sorrento. Lackawanna needs to stop killing business, period.

I disagree with not allowing trucks in that intersection. They need to be allowed back immediately.

They are stealing tax dollars and potentially more in the future by hurting a business like Sorrento. Lackawanna needs to stop killing business, period.
    Okay I can agree too then!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

you do know the new truck route is

1 hamburg turnpike
    2 abbott road
    3 ridge road
    4 SOUTH PARK AVE SOUTH OF RIDGE ROAD TO THE VILLAGE OF BLASDELL
    5 commerce drive
    6 dorrance ave

the only part left out is south park from ridge to buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by la14218 View Post
    you do know the new truck route is

1 hamburg turnpike
    2 abbott road
    3 ridge road
    4 SOUTH PARK AVE SOUTH OF RIDGE ROAD TO THE VILLAGE OF BLASDELL
    5 commerce drive
    6 dorrance ave

the only part left out is south park from ridge to buffalo

Okay, and it's still a deteor. A deteor that does not need to be there for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, period. Using the Basilica as an excuse is stupid, ridiculous, and just makes no sense.
    It it a major route, and can handle trucks, and so it should. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    You realize of course you're the one that started this thread complaining about the truck routes to Sorrento, right?
    I wasn't complaining about Sorennto itself.I was complaining about using Dorrance instead of the route they used for 45 years Ridge to South Park or using any other route for that matter.This was an attemp by the Mayor and his friends to blackmail the BANKRUPT State of NewYork for resurfacing Ridge Road and /or South Park. Now after last night they say it is a "PUBLIC SAFETY" issue. 29 incidents were listed as Truck "ACCIDENTS". After reviewing the accident reports more than half were the fault of cars.3 were low hanging wires that should have been 14 feet or higher by LAW. 2 were "Windmill" deliveries that never should have been routed down Ridge Road. 6 incidents were at that intersection in question and only 1 was turning onto South Park. Seems like their law firm has skewed the information.I wonder how many car accidents their were on Ridge Road without trucks in the same period.They are using the "public safety" excuse to cover their tracks.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Okay, and it's still a deteor. A deteor that does not need to be there for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, period. Using the Basilica as an excuse is stupid, ridiculous, and just makes no sense.
    It it a major route, and can handle trucks, and so it should. Period.
    I agree with you 110percent on this Keyboard. I have encountered a hell of alot worse turns on state roads throughout NYS and PA when I am driving for Blue Linx delivering building supplies.This is stupid.It makes this city look bad and is just a money grab either way you look at it. I told the council last night that they need to ride in a tractor trailer and see for themselves what the real problem is. The real problem is cars going over that stop line in front of Daises Cafe. I personally offer to drive them through the city and elsewhere so they can see what the problems are.Might open their eyes a bit. This trucking job is hard enough without having to deal with 500 dollar fines for this stupidity.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: add

The real response?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the person in question was complaining about the plant itself.That is why I said that.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information