Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Ban

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the person in question was complaining about the plant itself.That is why I said that.
    Yeah. This just angers me, sorry if I sounded crass toward you. Lackawanna is very talented at driving business away from their city. Now they're trying to drive away business in Buffalo. Not acceptable.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Lackawann does not drive business away if it is toxic and is hazardous to your health and they can't get in eneywhere elce. If it does not meet those standers city hall does not wont it

Quote Originally Posted by la14218 View Post
    Lackawann does not drive business away if it is toxic and is hazardous to your health and they can't get in eneywhere elce. If it does not meet those standers city hall does not wont it
    They are driving business away, and now they are trying to hurt business in Buffalo. Inexcusable.

I wasn't complaining about Sorennto itself.I was complaining about using Dorrance instead of the route they used for 45 years Ridge to South Park or using any other route for that matter.This was an attempt by the Mayor and his friends to blackmail the BANKRUPT State of NewYork for resurfacing Ridge Road and /or South Park. Now after last night they say it is a "PUBLIC SAFETY" issue. 29 incidents were listed as Truck "ACCIDENTS". After reviewing the accident reports more than half were the fault of cars.3 were low hanging wires that should have been 14 feet or higher by LAW. 2 were "Windmill" deliveries that never should have been routed down Ridge Road. 6 incidents were at that intersection in question and only 1 was turning onto South Park. Seems like their law firm has skewed the information.I wonder how many car accidents their were on Ridge Road without trucks in the same period.They are using the "public safety" excuse to cover their tracks.
    Sounds like organized crime.

Post Yep.

A political ploy and Sorrento got caught in the middle.
    I tried to convince the boys back in March that it was the wrong decision because I knew it would be anti-business and halt Sorrento trucks, a huge employer of Lackawanna Citizens.
    Poor planning and strong arm tactics to get the State to take over Ridge Road.
    Now our pizza is going to cost more and the $100,000 the City spent on lawyers will soon cause lack of some kind of public benefit in Lackawanna.

It did not have to happen, the king and his court played poli-tricks, it back-fired big---and once again, WE, the unsuspecting public are left holding the bag for their incompetence.
    Shame.
    We need a Control Board immediately, so something like this NEVER happens again! DiNapoli--HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    A political ploy and Sorrento got caught in the middle.
    I tried to convince the boys back in March that it was the wrong decision because I knew it would be anti-business and halt Sorrento trucks, a huge employer of Lackawanna Citizens.
    Poor planning and strong arm tactics to get the State to take over Ridge Road.
    Now our pizza is going to cost more and the $100,000 the City spent on lawyers will soon cause lack of some kind of public benefit in Lackawanna.

It did not have to happen, the king and his court played poli-tricks, it back-fired big---and once again, WE, the unsuspecting public are left holding the bag for their incompetence.
    Shame.
    We need a Control Board immediately, so something like this NEVER happens again! DiNapoli--HELP!

Keep pointing the finger. You were in office and let it happen just as much as they did, so I blame you just as much.
    If it was really that much of an issue to you you would have raised hell publicly about it like you did with the slaughterhouse.

Post Facts!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Keep pointing the finger. You were in office and let it happen just as much as they did, so I blame you just as much.
    If it was really that much of an issue to you you would have raised hell publicly about it like you did with the slaughterhouse.
    Not my intention, keyboard. You are again making assumptions without having all the facts. I went to court and gave testimony against what they did to the truckers and Sorrento.
    I tried to make positive changes my 4 years in office, why do you think they ganged up to get me out---everything has to be their idea and they control the public by lack of knowledge! They let out only what they want them to know. Money, it is all about the money. Follow the money and you will find the truth.
    You are the one laying blame without seeing things with your own eyes and really investigating the truth.
    You say I let it happen?--Whoa, don't lump me in ---I told the news, how could I force them to listen to just me. It heated up when the court case broke. Where were you? People power needs to move the arrogant, pompous politicians out in order for the democratic process to really rule.
    You don't even know me, and time will allow the real truths to surface.

Actually Keyboard, Andrea was the only Council Member who voted against this and was unable to raise hell publicly about it because it was in litigation. I know Andrea was the ONLY Council Member who personally went and spoke to Sorrento after the first ordinance was enacted.

I am wondering if this whole mess was started because two of polanski's family members were fired from working at Sorrento. That is what I have heard. Hmmmm, makes one wonder!!

Ordinances:

Traffic Ordinance - Truck route system

1. An ordinance rescinding the truck route system for the City of Lackawanna, New York, enacted on May 7, 2007, and reenacting Municipal Code section 215.53 providing for a total gross weight limit of ten thousand pounds to travel upon or operate on any public street, road, highway, or public thorofare in the City of Lackawanna except for Hamburg Turnpike and Abbott Road (complete text of ordinance on file in the City Clerk's Office).

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Kulczyk, ordinance be adopted as read.

Yeas: Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Nays: Haxton Carried 4 – 1

October 5, 2009

Sorrento Cheese Lawsuit
    To: City Council
    I request permission to discuss the Sorrento Cheese lawsuit against the city. The weight limit affects businesses at I would like to discuss it.

ANDREA HAXTON COUNCIL MEMBER

Moved by Haxton to approve request, no second on the motion, motion failed.
    Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Schiavi to receive and file request, since lawsuit is in litigation, no discussion will be approved.

Nays: Haxton
    Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski
    Carried 3-1

She did she was the only one who voted NO.

The city of Buffalo should be filing suit against the city of Lackawanna.

She did she was the only one who voted NO.
    Voting no is only one thing you can do. Kind of a weak excuse.

What is your suggestion as to what she should have done? Talked about it here while it was in litigation??

The city of Buffalo should be filing suit against the city of Lackawanna.
    This might work. By the way Ms. Haxton brought this up at a council meeting in September or in October.The city attorney shut her down and then I was shut down during the Q and A session at the end of meeting when I asked how much money the city spent on legal fees on this very thing by Council President Jaworski. So I had to circumvent the question.

Voting no is only one thing you can do. Kind of a weak excuse.
    Sounds like you have an issue with her. She did try to prevent this from happening.

Sounds like you have an issue with her. She did try to prevent this from happening.
    I have issue with someone who constantly complains and points the finger at everyone else. Whether its true or not, when it comes from a politician it does get obnoxious.

I want to hear solutions from politicians---I want politicians to take initiative and solve problems or offer solutions to problems. I don't want to hear them complaining about each other all the time. That's my issue. Didn't say that she doesn't have good ideas or what not, she probably does. But when you constantly complain and point the finger at people it kinda diminishes your position a little bit...

Think about the kid that always got picked on in school----he/she got picked on MORE because they complained. It doesn't matter if they were right or wrong, that's how it went.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information