Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Canalside, the family attraction.

Canalside, the family attraction.

Well, Buffalo's great family friendly attraction, Canalside, is becoming like the rest of the city, with gang fights and armed thugs wandering the streets. But don't worry, Buffalo's own legislative lollipop, Sam Hoyt, assures us it's nothing to worry about. Is there an over/under on when the first fatal shooting takes place there?

Ummmm...Da Mayor says it's safe...ummm...any incident is an isolated incident.....ummm...it was a targeted incident ummmm!

So, how many incidents have there been at Canalside in the last three years despite the tens of thousands of people who have gathered there or attended events in/around there during that time?
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    So, how many incidents have there been at Canalside in the last three years despite the tens of thousands of people who have gathered there or attended events in/around there during that time?
    The reported ones..(news media et)...or the unreported ones??
    How many incidents in ratio to the amount of people who have attended there..does it take to become a matter of importance or concern?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    The reported ones..(news media et)...or the unreported ones??
    How many incidents in ratio to the amount of people who have attended there..does it take to become a matter of importance or concern?
    Well there are a lot of people who attend. I think it's successful and a community will always have people who cause issues.

Linda does have a point. Has there been fights at each event? I don't know that is why I am asking.

Joe d. makes a valid point. When the violence in the Chippewa district reached a certain level the media simply began to ignore it and police reports to the public plunged because it wasn't "news" any longer but the commonplace. And it didn't enhance the image Erkel & the gang were trying to create. I guess as long as it's only a few gang fights and just an occasional homicide that's ok with Linda. As for me and my family we'll stay away and I can guarantee you we won't miss it or be the less for it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump that is also an unfair comment.

First off has there been any shooting what so ever at the event? If not don't make it sound as if there are shootings.

I guess as long as it's only a few gang fights and just an occasional homicide that's ok with Linda.
    You are correct about Chippewa because it did start to get out of hand.

I don't think you can say that just yet about Canalside.

Track the issues over the summer and see how it works out.

Need to get in under control before it reaches a level that some would consider a concern. The 4th of July event that got canceled in that one park started having fights and each year it got worse until they canceled it.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

As usual, grump and his troll buddies are making **** up so they feel better about their own personal paranoia. Large events at canalside always have a police presence and organizers have their own security that patrol. Canalside is very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    As usual, grump and his troll buddies are making **** up so they feel better about their own personal paranoia. Large events at canalside always have a police presence and organizers have their own security that patrol. Canalside is very safe.
    Tell us 30 miles...about how Riverside Park FOR YEARS ...was a successful family event and attraction . It became so bad..even the ride concession operator refused to bring his concessions there. The trouble became worse ...EVEN WITH ENHANCED POLICE PRESENCE...so..while we are "trolling'...KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND. History has a bad habit of repeating itself! BTW...I did attend Canalside...Sunday. ...there was NO paranoia! Just being realistic.

Sir Grump, your supreme Troll Leader, wasn't talking about Riverside, he was talking about Canalside... completely different parts of the city. And judging by your story, probably completely different decades anyway.

The Grump was talking about the City of Buffalo which is a toilet...take your pick...east side...west side...university district...Chippewa....Canalside...Hertel....it's all a toilet. 300 miles and his fellow apologists can prattle on all they like. The facts are the facts. Typically one of the highest murder rates in NYS....violent....high crime...run by Democrats for decades. What else can you expect?

And yes Joe d. was right it has been going on for decades. Anyone who doesn't know it must be new in town.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    it's all a toilet.
    Says the ignorant grump who drives into the city once per year only because his family drags him down there. You obviously don't know anything about the city if you think all those areas are a collective toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Sir Grump, your supreme Troll Leader, wasn't talking about Riverside, he was talking about Canalside... completely different parts of the city. And judging by your story, probably completely different decades anyway.
    I was COMPARING/referencing Riverside Park celebrations and its' demise due to violence and gang behavior...so bad the vendors resisted any invite to continue their annual celebration...ALSO...what about the Italian Festival..once held on the west side/Connecticut St...since moved to Hertel Ave where there has been incidents of violence...give it time...CanalSide will too become a victim of its popularity..no matter how many security officers wander thru...these punks have no respect and dont care...you must be new to Buffalo huh?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information