Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Donald Trump:

An Open Letter to Donald Trump:

This is dead on

Mr. Trump,

I try my hardest not to be political. I’ve refused to interview several of your fellow candidates. I didn’t want to risk any personal goodwill by appearing to take sides in a contentious election. I thought: ‘Maybe the timing is not right.’ But I realize now that there is no correct time to oppose violence and prejudice. The time is always now. Because along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one.

I’ve watched you retweet racist images. I’ve watched you retweet racist lies. I’ve watched you take 48 hours to disavow white supremacy. I’ve watched you joyfully encourage violence, and promise to ‘pay the legal fees’ of those who commit violence on your behalf. I’ve watched you advocate the use of torture and the murder of terrorists’ families. I’ve watched you gleefully tell stories of executing Muslims with bullets dipped in pig blood. I’ve watched you compare refugees to ‘snakes,’ and claim that ‘Islam hates us.’

I am a journalist, Mr. Trump. And over the last two years I have conducted extensive interviews with hundreds of Muslims, chosen at random, on the streets of Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan. I’ve also interviewed hundreds of Syrian and Iraqi refugees across seven different countries. And I can confirm— the hateful one is you.

Those of us who have been paying attention will not allow you to rebrand yourself. You are not a ‘unifier.’ You are not ‘presidential.’ You are not a ‘victim’ of the very anger that you’ve joyfully enflamed for months. You are a man who has encouraged prejudice and violence in the pursuit of personal power. And though your words will no doubt change over the next few months, you will always remain who you are.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Stanton
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

He isn't going to change. To call a sitting United States Senator, "Pocahontas," (twice, even after being called out) in a professional setting, ie, a press conference, demonstrates without peer that this is an individual that is unfit to be President

b.b.

Yes, just because a person lies about their heritage to get free tax funded money for college - or to be entitled to other tax funded benefits or programs - no big deal !

I mean shes a United States Senator so you should respect the title.

Just because she and her husband took advantage of foreclosed home owners - bought and resold (flipped) these homes - then trashed a Businessman like Mr.Trump for making investments that helped rejuvinate some buisness's and give him a good deal on some realestate

- that doesn't mean she's a hypocrite either - she's just doing whats best for the "Party" - Right ?

Just part of the "Game" for Ms Warren
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

You have proof of that of course, from some source other than your usual flat earthers? I mean, what do I really expect from a three time married man with a current stripper wife.

b.b.

Sir.
    Could you be more specific who your aiming that comment at ?

The Ms Warren lies have been broadcast on every news media known to man lately !
    I know you wouldn't post a straight out lie about someone you dont know - so even though I dont believe much of your pro-Dem Crad.

I know its hard for you but - try and be civil and honest if you can.

Hope your enjoying your retirement !

Google "Uranium One"

I guess it depends what your interpretation of "self identified " means

In April 2012, the Boston Herald sparked a campaign controversy when it reported that from 1986 to 1995 Warren had listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) directories.[67] Harvard Law School had publicized her minority status in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity, but Warren said that she was unaware of this until she read about it in a newspaper during the 2012 election.[67][68][69] Scott Brown, her Republican opponent in the Senate race, speculated that she had fabricated Native American heritage to gain advantage in hiring.[70][71][72] Former colleagues and supervisors at universities where she had worked stated that Warren's ancestry played no role in her hiring.[68][69][72][73] Warren responded to the allegations saying that she had self-identified as a minority in the directories in order to meet others with similar tribal roots.[74] Her brothers defended her, stating that they "grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family's Cherokee and Delaware heritage".[75] In her 2014 autobiography, Warren described the allegations as untrue and hurtful.[76] The New England Historic Genealogical Society found a family newsletter that alluded to a marriage license application that listed Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great grandmother as a Cherokee, but could not find the primary document and found no proof of her descent.[72][77][78] The Oklahoma Historical Society said that finding a definitive answer about Native American heritage can be difficult because of intermarriage and deliberate avoidance of registration.[79]

I guess as well as spreading lies - BB don't read much - no surprise there !

Yo - BB - I believe she's a Congressman - not a Senaror:

In 2012 Breitbart News exhaustively documented the facts surrounding Senator Warren’s claims of Native American ancestry and demonstrated that no credible evidence exists to support those claims. But lack of genealogical evidence has never stopped Senator Warren from boldly asserting as fact something which is flatly not true.

In May 2012, Warren’s campaign offered two pieces of evidence, both quickly debunked, in a futile effort to prove her claim.

One piece of debunked evidence was her inclusion of Warren “family recipes” in the Pow Wow Chow Cookbook, published by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum of Muskogee, Oklahama in 1984. The book’s publishers claimed all the recipes in the book were contributed by descendants of the five civilized tribes–Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek and Seminole.

Each recipe contributor identified the tribe from which he or she claimed to descend. In Senator Warren’s case, she claimed to descend from the Cherokee tribe in each of her published recipes.

Two of the recipes contributed by Senator Warren as evidence of her Cherokee heritage and published in the Pow Wow Chow Cookbook, “Cold Omelets with Crab Meat” and “Crab with Tomato Mayonnaise Dressing” were copied from a 1979 New York Times News Service article by Pierre Franey.

A second piece of debunked evidence, a purported 1894 marriage license application which was said to list her great-great-grandmother as a Native American, was demonstrated not to exist.

Breitbart News and a noted Cherokee genealogist have documented there is no evidence to support Senator Warren’s claim of Cherokee ancestry. There is evidence, however, that shows Senator Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, Jonathan Crawford, was a member of the Tennessee militia in the 1830s who rounded up the local Cherokee as the first step in their forced “Trail of Tears” journey to Oklahoma.

The Globe reported Wednesday that Senator Warren writes in her book “I never asked for special treatment when I applied to college, to law school, or for jobs.”

But, as Breitbart News reported in May 2012, Senator Warren has “[f]or twenty-five years since 1986, and without a shred of credible evidence . . . claimed to have Native American ancestry. She’s made this claim, apparently, to three separate employers–the University of Texas Law School, the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and Harvard Law School. None apparently asked her for proof, nor did she offer any.”

The Globe, which embarrassed itself so thoroughly with its inaccurate coverage of Senator Warren’s ancestry claims in 2012 it had to issue a public correction to an article which falsely asserted there was documentary “evidence” of the Senator’s Native American heritage, reverted to form on Wednesday and repeated Senator Warren’s falsehood: “Warren also devotes several pages to the sensitive subject of her partial Native American heritage,” the paper wrote, without providing any new evidence for ancestry, partial or not.

WHat does Warren have to do with the letter? I guess I Missed that part
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Yo - BB - I believe she's a Congressman - not a Senaror:

A second piece of debunked evidence, a purported 1894 marriage license application which was said to list her great-great-grandmother as a Native American, was demonstrated not to exist.
    Senator from Massachusetts. You couldn't take two seconds to verify that. Much of the rest, well, Brietbart? No evidence she used this claimed status to gain a benefit. The lack of a marriage license, by the organizations own admission, is not proof it didn't occur.

Neither of which speaks to my main point, that Trumps use of the name Pocahantas to describe a sitting US Senator proves his lack of maturity, the sort demanded of a President.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    No evidence she used this claimed status to gain a benefit.
    Are you serious Clark?

She claimed to be Native American to gain employment as it gave her a 1-2 of being a woman and minority. The reason this blew up in her face is that after she got her foot in a UPenn using minority status it followed her to Harvard. When Harvard was called out for not having any minorities...they pointed to Warren.

But the best part in all of this is her explanation as to why she lied. She said she checked the minority box during the application process so that she could network with or be invited to a luncheon with others 'like her'.... She said she did not understand the ramifications of her checking the box outside of this.

There are two types of morons out there. The first is someone who is too stupid to understand what checking that box means. The second is someone who is too stupid to understand that's just a lie.

Let me know which one you are if you still support her.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Neither of which speaks to my main point, that Trumps use of the name Pocahantas to describe a sitting US Senator proves his lack of maturity, the sort demanded of a President.
    Heh.

So how firm are you on this? The whole 'respecting the office' position?

The reason I am asking is most people don't actually respect the position. They only demand respect when it benefits their beliefs. For example, I think getting a blowjob by a staffer in the Oval Office shows significantly more disrespect and disregard for the Office of The President than calling a Senator...who lied about minority status to gain an advantage...Pocahontas.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What lefty said.

Trump isn't giving the office a nick name. Trump is giving someone who lied on an application a nick name.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Are you serious Clark?

She claimed to be Native American to gain employment as it gave her a 1-2 of being a woman and minority. The reason this blew up in her face is that after she got her foot in a UPenn using minority status it followed her to Harvard. When Harvard was called out for not having any minorities...they pointed to Warren.

But the best part in all of this is her explanation as to why she lied. She said she checked the minority box during the application process so that she could network with or be invited to a luncheon with others 'like her'.... She said she did not understand the ramifications of her checking the box outside of this.

There are two types of morons out there. The first is someone who is too stupid to understand what checking that box means. The second is someone who is too stupid to understand that's just a lie.

Let me know which one you are if you still support her.

Heh.

So how firm are you on this? The whole 'respecting the office' position?

The reason I am asking is most people don't actually respect the position. They only demand respect when it benefits their beliefs. For example, I think getting a blowjob by a staffer in the Oval Office shows significantly more disrespect and disregard for the Office of The President than calling a Senator...who lied about minority status to gain an advantage...Pocahontas.
    Outstanding

Doesn't Trump know the nickname is fauxcahontas?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Hipkat, I'm sure you knew the reaction you'd get when posted this. Hang on -- Trump supporters will get a lot uglier. Supporting someone as rasty as Trump gives them the excuse to be as ugly as he is, and, as God is my witness, that's an awful sight.

Yes, and there will be nothing but honesty, and honey coming from the Clinton supporters.
    Enjoy the "Dog and Pony Show" - its been fun so far !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information