Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo Billion bombshell seemingly fits into the Buffalo narrative

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Oh so only YOU can edit a post - it is totally bogus you do not allow us to edit our own posts!

Only an admin can edit a post.

Here is why.

Human nature.

If registered users could edit their own post they would change their posts and say something like "I never posted that" after editing what they posted. At any time people can pm me and ask me to correct typos or obvious grammar errors.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Only an admin can edit a post.

Here is why.

Human nature.

If registered users could edit their own post they would change their posts and say something like "I never posted that" after editing what they posted. At any time people can pm me and ask me to correct typos or obvious grammar errors.
    So what if they do, that is their prerogative in an open and free society. We can call them a liar if they do - which is also our prerogative in and open and free society. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

So what if they do, that is their prerogative in an open and free society. We can call them a liar if they do - which is also our prerogative in and open and free society. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
    This message board is not a free society.

It's message board that comes with costs and the admin can determine how to run the site as they please. Your opinion has no weight.

Now if you would like to cover the costs for hosting for a year....I am sure the rules of Speakup could be looked at after the check cleared. Are you going to make a contribution?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This message board is not a free society.

It's message board that comes with costs and the admin can determine how to run the site as they please. Your opinion has no weight.

Now if you would like to cover the costs for hosting for a year....I am sure the rules of Speakup could be looked at after the check cleared. Are you going to make a contribution?
    Marvelous - I fully get that, I host many sites for many people, all for free BTW (had a server online the www in one way shape or form since 1995 (and in other forms since the early 80ties), but he raises it to more than that. He advertises this as a place to speak out! That requires freedom. So is this truly NOT a place to speak out?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Marvelous - I fully get that, I host many sites for many people, all for free BTW (had a server online the www in one way shape or form since 1995 (and in other forms since the early 80ties), but he raises it to more than that. He advertises this as a place to speak out! That requires freedom. So is this truly NOT a place to speak out?

Ya..no.

The ability to speakout is not being denied here. What you're asking for is the ability to post something online and then change it. That's shady and only needed if you're someone who does not want to stand by what you said.

This process of not being able to edit comments after a period of time is how almost every blog and message board works. If you don't like it...spin up a Message Board on your server.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Ya..no.

The ability to speakout is not being denied here. What you're asking for is the ability to post something online and then change it. That's shady and only needed if you're someone who does not want to stand by what you said.

This process of not being able to edit comments after a period of time is how almost every blog and message board works. If you don't like it...spin up a Message Board on your server.
    Couldn't say it better myself.

Thank you.

Just picture if we had Hillary posting here. The poster would go back and edit out statements like "the attack was caused by a video" first moment they caught lying. "I've never said that" You are mistaken. Vote for me.

I'm not saying any other politician wouldn't do the same but that popped into my mind first as an example.

Frank, catch your breath. No one said it wasn't our money. The only point was that IDA's weren't involved in the deal. It was still taxpayer money. And you can edit your own posts. After you post there is an edit function that lets you edit...within a reasonable amount of time.

Has anyone looked into Ciminelli's possible connection to the mob? Ron Find a Buffalo LCN Associate turned FBI Informant/Agent wrote in his book The Triangle Exit that he was told by Joseph Todaro that as a agent for the Mob Controlled LIUNA Local 210 he could not include Frank Ciminelli or any of his companies in a lawsuit against 20 contractor/developers because Ciminelli was "under control" of the local crime family. Fino writes

By now we had developed good alter-ego cases against around 20 western New York contractors and we were getting ready to file a legal suit against them. Joey Pizza and Leonard Falzone compelled me to drop the cases against Ciminelli Construction and Frank Ciminelli, who was connected, and the Mader Corporation run by Lawrence Reger (a Buffalo businessman indirectly controlled by the family) who made a fortune for the mob cleaning up the Love Canal hazardous waste. Falzone spoke in a nice manner, which was rare, “You know they are connected Ron and know that their construction companies are off limits.”

Fino, Ronald; Michael Rizzo (2014-01-20). Covert Operations: The Triangle Exit: The True Story of a Secret Undercover Operative for the FBI and CIA (Organized Crime) (Kindle Locations 2823-2827). Contento De Semrik. Kindle Edition.

More that that, it appears Louis P. Ciminelli was included in a '91 RICO suit agains local 210 when he served as a trustee for the local. His name is mentioned along with know Buffalo Crime Family member and associates that included: Leonard Falzone, Salvatore J. Caci, Peter G. Gerace, Joseph R. Pieri, and Daniel J. Sansanese. Here is a link to verify my statement: http://www.leagle.com/decision/19911...20v.%20FALZONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information