Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does Lackawanna "lack" a Community/Recreation Center?

Angry Youth Board Director is a political hack!!!

It's a sad story that the Lackawanna city web and its departments-youth and rec. can't be all in one. Just read and pay atention to their mission statement. Do you see any posted events? http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/youth.html and http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/recreation.html Why not?

One reason why is that Mr.Seriacki (youth board director) got this job for putting the smackdown on Annette Iafallo when he purposely tied up the Republican endorsement so she could not run against Mr.Polanski in the last mayoral election. If you really want to blame somebody for Mr.Polanski being re-elected with no opponent please blame Mr.Seriacki because Mrs. Iafallo would have been one hell of a mayor unlike the arrogant fool we have now.

Thumbs up

It's not too late to give Annete a chance next election or do we have somebody else who's inerestig in the position? Is she still interested?

Post Facts!

Don't you think possibly just the opposite is true, because we are very small it is easier to do things. It is all tom Love's plan because he hates dealing with the maintenance/budget of Lackawanna City playgrounds. The kids destroy and graffiti equipment so some of the blame is on them too, I am sure we can see his point with this juvenile delinquent issue.

The reality is that the budget for playgrounds is the lowest and a low priority because the boys club have the money to go out of the city with their families every chance they get----they really don't use the playgrounds, especially in the First Ward, so why should they care. They don't get it that it is the will of the people for state of the art---HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE PLAYGROUNDS to be implemented and regularly maintained in OUR City!

This is not meant to stop or go against the hard/slow pitch beer league ball teams that play in our city BUT........I feel that this is where the city uses much of our DPW manpower and playground money.
    Now I know I have been told numerous times that the money they pay to play is a wash in our city budget but the in-kind city labor isn't.
    I love baseball, I am glad our city recreation offers it, BUT I feel somehow and somewhere along the line the city playgrounds suffer lack of maintenance caused by lack of maintainers due to vacations, comp., etc..
    Is summer youth used to paint, clean, etc.? I am not talking about the playground watchers, their jobs are different.

I know love/com. of public works, would have an easier job if he had only 1 citywide playground to keep up. We have lots of kids in close neighborhoods, just the reason why Lackawanna needs so many playgrounds. It is all his idea to do away with all the neighborhood playgrounds and just have 1, which makes his job easier and sense to him because-- HE LIVES IN HAMBURG!

Another reason why we need a community/athletic center in Lackawanna!

All I know is whoever does this one playground deal will commit political suicide when it comes to getting elected. This idea was not popular when I talked to people going door to door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information