Thread: Unions accuse Hamburg supervisor of misconduct over health insurance rates

Unions accuse Hamburg supervisor of misconduct over health insurance rates

Hamburg union members Monday night accused Supervisor Steven J. Walters of unethical, deceitful and possibly illegal behavior in the manipulation of health insurance rates for employees.

Each of the five unions held votes of no confidence in the supervisor that were overwhelmingly approved last month, they said.

Walters, who called on each union representative during the public comment section of the Town Board meeting Monday night, denied that he did anything wrong and said that he would not resign.

“Everything that I’ve done has been for the taxpayers,” he said, adding that he was trying to keep taxes as low as possible. “Certainly, as we move forward, that will be my continued goal, my continued dedication is to the taxpayers of the Town of Hamburg.”

CLICK HERE to read full article.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    “Obviously, such rates should not be subject to arbitrary manipulation,” she said.
    Rate increases shouldn't be covered by the property owners because the services are provided under a monopoly. Let each employee cover their own insurance rate increases like most other people do. This includes all elected officials. If this was carried out you would actually see some progress dealing over all with insurance companies. As long as "government" doesn't get hit personally with rate increases why would they be in a hurry to fix anything?

Thread Information