Thread: The seeds have finally arrived! Burpees....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The seeds have finally arrived! Burpees....

Took a week for fresh seeds to arrive....

burpees seeds

They pack more than just 3 seed packets..

They now include a $100 wine voucher from www.nakedwines.com. You have to order a $160+ case of wine to save the $100 bucks. Must be cheap wine with lots of markup in order to save a $100.

burpees seeds

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They are now throwing in free seeds. I guess I'll have to find a spot to let these hatch...

burpees seeds

burpees seeds

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Ran into a road block tonight.

It is a good idea to replace your plant growing bulbs every couple of years. I purchased 8 replacements and 4 are not lighting up as they should. Moved the bulbs to different sockets and the problem seems to follow the bulbs not the sockets they are plugged into. I thought it was maybe the electronic ballast at first because I never had new bulbs not work. Plugged in the old bulbs and they fire up fine so I assumed I just got 4 bad bulbs out of 8. Went back to the store to exchange them but didn't know they will not exchange bulbs period. After a few minutes they exchanged them anyways. They did test the bulbs I brought back and they did seem to work. Now out of those 4 replacement bulbs 2 still won't light up fully and one is questionable.

One thing I noticed is the metal end caps seem loose on few of the bulbs. I saw they buy them in bulk and now I'm wondering if the box was handled roughly. The box looked like they had 25+ bulbs just packed loose. The original bulbs came 8 to a box with Styrofoam holders at the ends and one in the middle for support.

You can see the end caps are most likely glued to the end of the glass tube. Tomorrow I will see if the pins are making good contact in the sockets.

Even though they are far less expensive online I still pick stuff up locally.

http://growershouse.com/quantum-bad-...lbs-grow-6500k

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I should have been updating this thread more often.

Tomato, Napa Grape Hybrid

Beats all other grape tomatoes in our taste tests.

Tip-top tomato taste! Our exclusive grape tomato sets a high standard. Consistently the top choice in our summer taste tests, Napa maintains a higher sugar content than any other grape tomato-and the sweetness doesn't fade in late summer. The elongated, shiny red 1" globes produce in abundance on the vigorous vines.
    I'm happy with my tomatoes this season.

I used Tomato-tone 3-4-6

One bin is using

Just Right Xtra All Organic Potting Mix

Other bin is using

Miracle-GroŽ Nature's CareŽ Organic Garden Soil

I added cow manure and chicken manure to both

Dehydrated Manure

I put one tomato plant in a container and 2 as instructed in the other container. I know I'm using two different soils but I just want to see how many tomatoes 1 single plant versus 2 will produce.

Thread Information