Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sabres slump.

missed a good game.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

went to the game Friday night...another lose at home sabres had a complete let down in the third period to loose the game. oh well ..
    sabres are 1-6-1 in the last eight home games..
    fact. sabres lead the league with the worst home record of 9-15-2 so far this season
    fact. jack dropped to #3 in rookie goal scoring.. scoring only 3 in his last 21 games.

But now instead of heading a team full of stars, Bylsma inherited a project. It’s a heavy lift, not altogether unexpected. But losing is difficult if you’ve never dealt with it.

"Bylsma hates losing I guess he came to the wrong team. The Sabres are 29th in the NHL’s overall standing with two games left prior to the All-Star break, both on the road. They have 25 regulation losses – already more than Bylsma has had in all but one of his previous six seasons. They are the worst team in the league at home.
    So how does a former Cup winner, Coach of the Year and Olympic bench boss deal with losing?

Not well.

You should ask my wife that question maybe more than me, where I’m at with it personally,” Bylsma joked Friday in First Niagara Center.

It’s difficult, there’s no question. We want to win every game going in. I know we’re in a development process with our team, how we play, how we want to play. The level which we want to play and compete is something we’re developing. I think it’s put us into being a competitive team, a team that should and does compete to win every night. It’s difficult when you don’t.”

OMG back to a three game slump and still cant win at home for the fans. very bad call by the zebras in last nights game that gave boston the win. everybody is taking about the bad call but what happened to Lehner on Brad Marchand goal. the big goof was faked out of his jock strap in fact it was still on the ice when he left. he was beat so bad.. make the save then cry about poor call and don't throw your helmet like a baby. Lehner sat stone-faced and stunned at his locker for several minutes. He then tried to keep his composure with reporters by speaking in quiet, measured tones. But his words said volumes.

“I’m an honest guy. I like both of those refs,” he said referring to Watson and Dave Jackson. “They’re good refs but that was ... oh, my God I don’t know what to say even.(MAKE THE SAVE YOU WERE BEAT SO BAD) That’s just embarrassing.. yes it was. I hope he’s embarrassed. I’m embarrassed. It shouldn’t end like that. The disappointing thing is I might get fined or whatever but it’s just embarrassing.”

How about jacks new hair cut, his hair it not sticking out of the holes in his helmet like bozo the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    everybody is taking about the bad call but what happened to Lehner on Brad Marchand goal. the big goof was faked out of his jock strap in fact it was still on the ice when he left. he was beat so bad..
    You mean the goal where his team gave up the puck in their zone for a essentially a 3 on 1? Ya. That's just horrible on the goalie.

By the way, while only having a small sample size due to his injury, Lehner leads the league with a .939% save percentage.

Also to note, with 53 games played the Sabres have a 21 wins / 6 OTLs and 48 points. Last season over 82 games they had 23 wins 8 OTLs and 54 points. If they keep up the pace they will have 36 Wins / 10 OTLs and 77 Points. That is a 60% increase on points.

The point is, and one you're unable or unwilling to grasp, is that they are getting better as a team. Much better.

Last year they had just 2 players with over 40 points for the entire season and 2 other players with over 30 points. At 53 games they already have 1 over 40 (ROR 43) and 2 over 30 (Eichel 35 & Ristolainen 32).... If they keep pace they will have 6 players over 30 points, 4 players over 40 points, 3 players over 50 points, 2 players over 60 points and 1 over 70 points.

The average age of those 6 players is 22 years old. The goalie I mentioned is also 24.

Read the above really, really, really slow. If you can not see that the Sabres are not only loaded with talent, improving by the week and THE youngest team in the NHL...you really have no business being a fan of pro hockey.

Honestly, what did you actually expect from a bunch of 'kids' playing against teams that have been around the block for years. ROR has been everything wanted of him. Reinhart and Eichel have been amazing in their rookie years.

Seriously, what the f*ck more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You mean the goal where his team gave up the puck in their zone for a essentially a 3 on 1? Ya. That's just horrible on the goalie.

By the way, while only having a small sample size due to his injury, Lehner leads the league with a .939% save percentage.

Also to note, with 53 games played the Sabres have a 21 wins / 6 OTLs and 48 points. Last season over 82 games they had 23 wins 8 OTLs and 54 points. If they keep up the pace they will have 36 Wins / 10 OTLs and 77 Points. That is a 60% increase on points.

The point is, and one you're unable or unwilling to grasp, is that they are getting better as a team. Much better.

Last year they had just 2 players with over 40 points for the entire season and 2 other players with over 30 points. At 53 games they already have 1 over 40 (ROR 43) and 2 over 30 (Eichel 35 & Ristolainen 32).... If they keep pace they will have 6 players over 30 points, 4 players over 40 points, 3 players over 50 points, 2 players over 60 points and 1 over 70 points.

The average age of those 6 players is 22 years old. The goalie I mentioned is also 24.

Read the above really, really, really slow. If you can not see that the Sabres are not only loaded with talent, improving by the week and THE youngest team in the NHL...you really have no business being a fan of pro hockey.

Honestly, what did you actually expect from a bunch of 'kids' playing against teams that have been around the block for years. ROR has been everything wanted of him. Reinhart and Eichel have been amazing in their rookie years.

Seriously, what the f*ck more do you want?
    oh give me a break with your fact crap.. make the save when he has too he was burned on that one.

oh give me a break with your fact crap.. make the save when he has too he was burned on that one.
    Ha. Ya you have trouble with facts. Idiot.

Ha. Ya you have trouble with facts. Idiot.
    ok hot head..fact is they lost and like I said he got burned on the goal. and blamed it on another issue. I really don't care what he has done before that game.

ok hot head..fact is they lost and like I said he got burned on the goal. and blamed it on another issue. I really don't care what he has done before that game.
    That's fine. You're ignorant when it comes to understanding the game and the league. Which is fine. Many folks are passive about sports teams. The interesting thing about you is you post about the team more than folks who actually understand what's going on. You would think if you're going to put in such effort you would spend at least some time becoming informed. But you're an idiot...so....

That's fine. You're ignorant when it comes to understanding the game and the league. Which is fine. Many folks are passive about sports teams. The interesting thing about you is you post about the team more than folks who actually understand what's going on. You would think if you're going to put in such effort you would spend at least some time becoming informed. But you're an idiot...so....
    You could have ended that post at "you're ignorant"....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Ok fact finder. right back at you informed and facts.They are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games in First Niagara Center. A trip to Buffalo doesn’t exactly inspire fear in opposing teams these days.
    Still cant win at home. Lehner gets chased out of net as Florida rips sabres.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You could have ended that post at "you're ignorant"....
    hip ignorant why.. they are a little better than last year watch them all the time just posting the facts that they cant win and cant play 3 periods of hockey.

hip ignorant why.. they are a little better than last year watch them all the time just posting the facts that they cant win and cant play 3 periods of hockey.
    Not HipKat but...

You do realize that the NHL is professional hockey right? Just want to confirm you're not confused and think you're watching a travel team.

Now that we have that out of the way, you have already been informed on the youth of the team. Professional hockey players don't reach their prime until their mid 20s. It's already been pointed out that the average age of the top 6 players is just 22 years old. That matters.

Beyond that, there are other factors. Including:

It's a new head coach this year. Meaning there is a new system.

Most of these players have never played an entire season together. The teams they have been going up against have lines that have played together for years.

ROY was playing for Colorado last year.
    Eichel was playing for Boston College year.
    Ristolainen was playing for Buffalo last year.
    Reinhart was playing in Rochester last year.
    Kane after being traded, did not play due to injury.
    McGinn was playing for Colorado last year.

The list goes on.

As for the goalie, Lehner played in Ottawa last year and went out with an injury the first week of the season. The game where the bad goal happened was just his 6th game of the season and the 5th since coming back.

Even though this a super young but very talented team, with a coach who has won a cup...they have very little experience in both the new system AND playing together. This takes time.

Anyone who actually understands sports and professional hockey knows this. But those types of fans are few and far between. So when an ignorant fan, like yourself, goes off on how bad things are...they usually are corrected.

You're welcome.

ok thanks .. most fans don't care about facts they want their team to win at home and make the playoffs .. most of the problem like the bills is poor management over the years. (ted black sabres no idea what he was doing.)

fact-It’s hard to believe, but the Sabres are on pace for the worst home record in franchise history. Entering tonight’s game against Montreal, they’re 9-16-3 at First Niagara Center, which translates to 31 points for the season.

They had 33 points at home in each of the last two seasons, when they finished dead last in the NHL and were tanking for the top pick in the draft. They’re actually trying to win this year, which makes their wretched home record even more distressing.

They have two terrific rookies in Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart, two skilled and high-priced forwards in Evander Kane and Ryan O’Reilly, a top young defenseman in Rasmus Ristolainen. So how come they’re on pace for the league’s worst home record since the 2006-07 Flyers? why beacause they cant play 3 periods of hockey.

fact- Buffalo and lehner got blown out for the second straight game forth straight loss Thursday, suffering a 5-1 loss in Philadelphia. The Flyers scored four times during the second period as the Sabres avoided defensive coverage like it was the Zika virus.

“It’s disappointing for sure,” defenseman Cody Franson said in Wells Fargo Center. “We didn’t play our system well. We didn’t execute well. Those two things left us exposed. They’re a good rush team and took advantage. so if the players cant play the new system what do you get a loss.

Cheeks, the two idiots on here are what you call Buffalo die-hards. No matter what you say they will come back with some kind of positive answer about both teams. How many years have both teams been rebuilding?

Two morons from Cheektowaga. Go figure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information