Or this one? When the Buffalo News caught Meegans good friend Mary making $84.90/hour. She even lied to Hart about it. This was caught, imagine the things Meegan got away with? Mary made well over 100k that year.

Mary E. Josefiak earned $84.90 an hour in overtime double pay to chaperone monthly dances at the West Seneca Senior Citizens' Center from January through May.

As the town's director of youth, recreation and senior services, she gave and approved herself the overtime without any oversight. And that overtime is on top of her annual salary of $83,796.

If you want to call that outrageous, go ahead - Josefiak does.

"Anytime there was overtime, you could add 20 more hours to it," said Josefiak unabashedly, explaining that her regular work days span 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. without a lunch break. That doesn't include the extra hours she puts in during evenings and on both Saturday and Sunday.

But that's what town officials told her to do when she was hired, Josefiak said. That is the cost of making sure programs for West Seneca residents run smoothly - and Josefiak notes that it's at a substantially marked down cost to taxpayers for a couple of reasons.

All told, Josefiak estimates she often works 100 hours per week.

"People tell me, 'don't do the extra things, if you don't do them, then (the Town Board) is going to really see what it's like. Wait for the public outcry (when programming is cut),' " Josefiak said. "But, I don't work that way. I'd also be screwing the youth and the seniors. So, you pull up your bootstraps and do it."

But the three-member Town Board is now telling Josefiak to stop it. Two members said they had no idea, until recently, that Josefiak was even receiving overtime pay, much less signing and approving her own overtime slips and submitting them to payroll.

"If she was doing a dance on the weekend and if I'd had known she'd have overtime, I absolutely would have questioned it," Councilman John M. Rusinski said.

The board receives regular overtime reports from every department in town - or, almost every department, he said.

Rusinski said he never saw the reports that showed Josefiak, whose hourly wage is about $42 per hour, receiving 32 double-time hours at the $84.90 pay rate for a total of $2,716.80, or the 33 hours at 1½ time - $63 per hour - for $2,079. That's a grand total of $4,795.80 for a department head whose apparent annual salary is $83,796.

"I never got any report from the recreation department as far as any overtime," said Rusinski, who was upset when he found out. "You count on that report being accurate. You count on it being all inclusive and it wasn't and that's upsetting."

Added Councilman Eugene P. Hart: "It kind of bothered me, especially when [Supervisor Sheila M. Meegan] kept telling people that she wasn't getting overtime."