Thread: Ex-Lackawanna mayor gets $82,000 housing job

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Ex-Lackawanna mayor gets $82,000 housing job

Ex-Lackawanna mayor gets $82,000 housing job

It took an additional year, but former Lackawanna Mayor Norman L. Polanski Jr. has ended up in a coveted job as executive director of the city’s Municipal Housing Authority.
    The authority’s board of commissioners voted 6-0 on Saturday to appoint Polanski to a three-year term as head of the agency, which owns and operates three apartment complexes with 490 units and a budget of about $4 million.
    Read the full story in the Buffalo News

Rediculous. And he is qualified for this job how? When are taxpayers going to unite and step up to this nonsense?

Lackawanna Politics

This is normal Lackawanna politics. The taxpayer be dammed.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the executive director of the Municipal Housing Authority supposed to actually do? Be serious, no jokes.

Why do they have a Municipal Housing Authority in Lackawanna in the first place.

Politics as usual

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What is the executive director of the Municipal Housing Authority supposed to actually do? Be serious, no jokes. Why do they have a Municipal Housing Authority in Lackawanna in the first place.

I think it's to continue the practice of political patronage in the City of Lackawanna. The directors job pays over $80K and I suppose there are lot of political hires on the Housing Authority payroll. I have been in Lackawanna since 1960 and this is nothing new.

Many years ago I can remember reading an article on the corruption in the city of Lackawanna.
    This article in the Courier Express written by either Walter Winchell or Drew Pearson who stated he would rather be Mayor of Lackawanna NY than the President of the United States.

The game is the same just the names change.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That doesn't tell me what the "Executive Director" does though. What was wrong with the person who previously held the position?

Why doesn't Lackawanna just sell the 490 unit complex. I'm pretty sure if you went through the budget it could be ran for a lot less.

This is just another greedy "Party Player" getting his "Entitlement" - when asked by a news reporter why he was being appointed he stated, "Its what we do - its just done this way"

Like Mr. Lackawanna stated - Lackawanna has always operated on the "Patronage" reward system. The housing system there is outdated and bloated. For years it was another hidden hole for insiders.

Government on all levels has become routine nepotism, patronage and entitlement. Years ago with lack of honest media coverage and steel millions pouring in - no one cared.

As they slide out of Buffalo and into surrounding suburbs - the political gamesmanship has spread.

The burbs are the newest honey holes - rich heavily taxed subdivisions and a feeling of detachment from the economic worries of Buffalo and places like Lackawanna.

This isn't our grand parents idea of Democracy.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Post Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by highestpropertytaxes View Post
    rediculous. And he is qualified for this job how? When are taxpayers going to unite and step up to this nonsense?
    ditto!

Yepper! You have hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I think it's to continue the practice of political patronage in the City of Lackawanna. The directors job pays over $80K and I suppose there are lot of political hires on the Housing Authority payroll. I have been in Lackawanna since 1960 and this is nothing new.

Many years ago I can remember reading an article on the corruption in the city of Lackawanna.
    This article in the Courier Express written by either Walter Winchell or Drew Pearson who stated he would rather be Mayor of Lackawanna NY than the President of the United States.

The game is the same just the names change.
    Actually,
    Just the first names.........the family and friends club members ALL stay the same!

P.S.
    Don't forget his FREE, new, SUV to drive less than 4 miles ROUND TRIP back and forth to his job EVERY DAY in.......oh, pardon me, and to go home to lunch with!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Actually,
    Just the first names.........the family and friends club members ALL stay the same!

P.S.
    Don't forget his FREE, new, SUV to drive less than 4 miles ROUND TRIP back and forth to his job EVERY DAY in.......oh, pardon me, and to go home to lunch with!
    Andrea? Would you do me a favor?

I really don't know how a " Housing Authority" works and why we even have them. I also don't know how the administration is setup to run a " Housing Authority ".

Would you start a new thread and tell me a little about what the Lackawanna Housing Authority does and is managed? Or if you know someone more in the know about those things have them start a thread?

Unhappy And.....................All I can do is shake my head!

Quote Originally Posted by highestpropertytaxes View Post
    Ridiculous. And he is qualified for this job how? When are taxpayers going to unite and step up to this nonsense?
    Right on, highestpropertytaxes! Right ON!

Mr. Polanski, Please tell us about your TV statement:
    " It's what we do--It's just done this way ".........

1. Who is "we"?
    and,
    2. Just "what way"?

Thanks.

P.S.
    What credentials/qualifications did you have to be elected Council President and Mayor of Lackawanna for a total of 12 years?
    and, Are you a real "plumber", Mr. Polanski?
    P.S.S.
    Are you dissing the City of Lackawanna Department Head's and STAFF, who really ran the City..........
    " Most Qualified "?????!!???........ Keep it real now.
    YOUR legacy is........?

WNY Resident.....The Lackawanna Housing Authority manages three housing projects which are funded by the Federal Government. HUD oversees hundreds of housing authorities across the Country. The Executive Director of the Housing Authority generally oversees the Authority's budget, workforce, capital improvements, and is supposed to insure that the Authority complies with HUD's regulations and oversight. In WNY we have several Housing Authorities which are fully funded and overseen by HUD. Kenmore Housing Authority, Buffalo Housing Authority, Niagara Falls Housing Authority, Lackawanna Housing Authority, Olean Housing Authority, and Lockport Housing Authority. Each of these Authorities have an Executive Director and low income housing projects that they maintain and oversee, however (maybe with the exception of Niagara Falls) most ED's appointments are not quite as political as Lackawanna's. Hopefully that provides a decent answer without any jokes or political angles.

Thread Information