Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Bremer owes even more

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Do you read?

I said I wasn't attacking. I was stating fact. Some of you people are obsessive with your defense to the point you are now attacking people who aren't even attacking her. You are not helping your cause.

I will say it again. Bottom line. If you don't pay your taxes, it's illegal. Politicians are held to a higher standard because of their position. I don't care if it's for 50 dollars or 50000 dollars, they are politicians and are supposed to be setting the example.

If there are others besides Andrea who have not paid theirs, they need to be dealt with, too. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

The state came after me and garnished my wages over 400 bucks a few years ago. If they're going to do that to an ordinary citizen, I would expect politicians to be targeted even harder. After all--it's OUR money that pays their taxes.
    Do you even know why these god ol boys came after Ms.Haxton in the first place? Because she exposed the purchase of the mayors SUV. The guy who issued her summons Mr.Bremer owes even more than she does. DOUBLE STANDARD the peice of crap Bremer should be subjected to the same INHUMANE treatment Ms.Haxton recieved in my opinon even worse because he is a hypocrite... I am done with this stupidity.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So how much does Mr. Bremer owe? Or is it hearsay?

266 140900 142.38-1-7.1 1 nason pkwy bremer steven 2005 276.18
    2008 1,138.57

total: 1,414.75

What about Roselvelt Jones the "PILLAR of the COMMUNITY's" 1st Ward sidekick and democratic comitteeman?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THESE are elected officials and people who work for the community? They should be the last to owe taxes yet throw stones. So who is going to issue him a summons .

Post Do You....? !

There is so much more to all of this story. I am going to write a tell -all book on all of the corruption in Lackawanna City Hall. But we can give the folks a little of what I/We have been working on for the past 4 years.

Right Cath? City Hall spent > $25,000 of tax money for legal fees that I can trace, last year to get me out of office without City Council approval, to start with.

Should we start telling the story Cath?..................about the, well Stevie is in the thick of it. I know we.........but what the h...!

It all started in 2005 or possibly sooner with him..........and " The Party "!

First off let me say congratulations.
    Heard that you just had a baby girl.
    If she looks anything like her mother,
    She's the prettiest thing in the world.

No....let it go. What goes around, comes around. Never forget that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go back to topic.

So... who minds the people who work for us?

Post Citizens Voice!

I have been trying to for many years, Joe D, and I. If I heard it once I heard it a million times from him, "follow the money--follow the money! ".
    So I did.
    The City Council is the legislative branch whose duty is to make the laws, guard the budget and trouble shoot non-compliance of the city code.

The mayor lets his soldiers get away with whatever they want because they are all his votes. It is a scam and full of corruption.
    We were all born into the negativity that has hung over Lackawanna for decades, just like the orange dust from "the Plant " used to when we were young.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    There is so much more to all of this story. I am going to write a tell -all book on all of the corruption in Lackawanna City Hall. But we can give the folks a little of what I/We have been working on for the past 4 years.

Right Cath? City Hall spent > $25,000 of tax money for legal fees that I can trace, last year to get me out of office without City Council approval, to start with.

Should we start telling the story Cath?..................about the, well Stevie is in the thick of it. I know we.........but what the h...!

It all started in 2005 or possibly sooner with him..........and " The Party "!
    None of this changes the fact that you owed taxes on a building you owned. It also doesn't change the fact that you sold that building to your longtime partner/boyfriend for $1 so that you could claim that you no longer own the building.

It also doesn't change the fact that there were enough code violations in that building that the tenants withheld rent, went to the media, and were eventually moved out.

That other politicians haven't paid their taxes doesn't exempt you from paying yours nor does it exempt you from maintaining your property. You are responsible for your own actions, not those of others. This is not a really hard concept to grasp, Ms Haxton.

Thumbs down If you go after one go after all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Go back to topic.

So... who minds the people who work for us?
    A better question would be who minds the politicans other than Ms.Haxton in Lackawanna?????? You have politicians aka political eniemies throwing stuff out about Ms. Haxton whether it is true or false and it sticks. But what about the true stuff we have on three of our other elected officials here who minds the people on that???? Why is our city attorney still allowed to practice law for that matter considering that he should have been disbarred years ago? How can you possibly hire someone with his record?Why does the BUFFALO NEWS slam Ms.Haxton on a candidate article but not slam the other two do nothing incumbents who were running? Are they bought and paid for by somebody???

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is our city attorney still allowed to practice law for that matter considering that he should have been disbarred years ago? How can you possibly hire someone with his record?

See you just threw something out there that most people don't have a clue about.

So explain factually what your talking about? Why should he be disbarred?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    None of this changes the fact that you owed taxes on a building you owned. It also doesn't change the fact that you sold that building to your longtime partner/boyfriend for $1 so that you could claim that you no longer own the building.

It also doesn't change the fact that there were enough code violations in that building that the tenants withheld rent, went to the media, and were eventually moved out.

That other politicians haven't paid their taxes doesn't exempt you from paying yours nor does it exempt you from maintaining your property. You are responsible for your own actions, not those of others. This is not a really hard concept to grasp, Ms Haxton.
    Not once has Ms. Haxton stated that she was proud of the problems she has encountered with owing taxes and having code violations. She has never denied them. She never stated that because others owe, that she is exempt. It is her supporters that are pointing out that she is not the only one. Actually you are implying that the others are exempt by targeting ONLY Ms. Haxton.

It is not illegal to sell property for $1. You are making an ASSUMPTON as to why YOU THINK she did that. What if her partner/boyfriend wanted the property? You would have to be a complete fool to think that giving your property away for $1 would miraculously make people think you NEVER owned it. That doesn't make sense. Everyone in Lackawanna and throughout Western NY for that matter, are aware that she owned that building.

You are also assuming to know about the tenants of the building because of the media coverage. You are forgetting that you cannot believe everything the media tells you. It is not always the complete truth. What you didn't hear on the media is that she offered shelter to the homeless. I will ask you to use your intelligence about this: how much rent do you think was charged a homeless, jobless person? Has it ever occurred to anyone that she simply gave shelter? Perhaps the tenant (I use the term loosely) was paid and fed the story he gave. Keep in mind, logic dictates that it certainly wasn’t Ms. Haxton that called the media to witness her being served with code violations. Therefore, there was another source involved.

I realize I am beating a dead horse here, because Andrea Haxton haters will continue to hate and abuse her regardless. It is simply the nature of the beast.

It is not illegal or wrong to sell someone a house for a dollar. It's called a "quit claim" and they are very common.

Why Andrea did it is nobody's business.

The only issue here is that she, a politician owed taxes and didn't pay them. She admits to owing them. I believe at this point they are paid. Case closed.

However, it still bothers me that it seems there are many politicians in Lackawanna that seem to think they don't have to pay their taxes.

Some imbeciles will actually argue that it is legal to not pay taxes in Lackawanna, which is just piss-your-pants laughable.

My point is--- politicians are hired by the people to represent the community. If they are not paying their taxes, they are doing the opposite of what they were elected to do. A politician that stands on their soap box and calls for a better community holds no meaning for me if they are helping to damage that community by not paying their taxes.

Lackawanna, it seems, needs to get its act together and put rules on the books for its elected officials. Right now Brian Davis in Buffalo is being investigated for tax fraud, etc. Why are no such investigations happening in Lackawanna?

When I drive through certain parts of LA, it seems that tax money could desperately be used.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information