Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lackawanna City Council Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Whitfield View Post
    what i hear is a few times a day. but im at work 5 hrs a day so it may be more. Think sunday's its more also. Yes it is annoying but what can be done about it. No other church does this. Something us non Muslims have to deal with.
    well they are already honking their horns so i guess they got the heads up Noman won. I'm not convinced till the polls tell me so.

well they are already honking their horns so i guess they got the heads up Noman won. I'm not convinced till the polls tell me so.
    If so guess Eric Golden better buy some new work clothes for his new job that was promised within 3 months :-(

I only see results for wards 2 & 3 on the Buffalo News site.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    It should be disturbing the peace, I don't get that at all, I was upset because my neighbor ran his lawnmower motor this morning for about an hour. I heard the Muslim loudspeaker quite clearly recently, over the phone, while I was conversing with someone in the neighborhood and they were in their car. I don't know if they change up their tone of voice either, but the day I heard it, it just sounded fanatically angry. How is it they get away with this nonsense? How often does it spout off, once a week or day or hour?
    It IS disturbing the peace. I'm in the 2nd ward and I hear it clear as a bell. Our kids and grandkids hear it over and over. It is a form of brainwashing. No one says anything, for fear of being called prejudice. If the Basilica said the Lord's Prayer over a loud speaker so loud it could be heard in the 1st ward, you can bet someone would be complaining that the church doesn't have a right to do that.

what i hear is a few times a day. but im at work 5 hrs a day so it may be more. Think sunday's its more also. Yes it is annoying but what can be done about it. No other church does this. Something us non Muslims have to deal with.
    I googled it and it is a controversy, all over the world. This is a quality of life issue for people who aren't Muslim. Lackawanna might just be the WORST city in the United States of America. Allowing this practice is criminal, the city should be sued for punitive damages. I'm surprised that some activist attorney hasn't taken an interest in this.

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    I googled it and it is a controversy, all over the world. This is a quality of life issue for people who aren't Muslim. Lackawanna might just be the WORST city in the United States of America. Allowing this practice is criminal, the city should be sued for punitive damages. I'm surprised that some activist attorney hasn't taken an interest in this.
    Good to know. I think it's crazy also and definately a double standard. Your completely right , if it were a catholic church doing that they'd have a fit.

Now they got their fireworks poppin...and i'm still yet to see election results for the first ward!
    http://www.erieelectionresults.com/C...ackawanna.aspx
    http://www.wkbw.com/explorepolitics/19081739.html
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/elections/results/Race13.htm
    http://www.wivb.com/generic/news/pol...ection_results can someone please just tell me something so i can go to bed....i just want news!
    Last edited by Lorrie_Whitfield; November 3rd, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Good to know. I think it's crazy also and definately a double standard. Your completely right , if it were a catholic church doing that they'd have a fit.

Now they got their fireworks poppin...and i'm still yet to see election results for the first ward!
    http://www.erieelectionresults.com/C...ackawanna.aspx
    http://www.wkbw.com/explorepolitics/19081739.html
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/elections/results/Race13.htm
    http://www.wivb.com/generic/news/pol...ection_results can someone please just tell me something so i can go to bed....i just want news!
    WTH, Fireworks are illegal in NYS!!

Complete let down :-(
    Noman you have so much to prove to me and the 534 others who didn't vote for you. majority of Lackawanna didn't vote your way for a reason, just remember that. You didn't let anyone know your plans for Lackawanna nor did you care about gaining the vote from outside the Arabic community. You knew you had this because you knew this was another Obama situation. First Muslim councilman (first Black president), you knew your people would pull you through to make history (although i thought from the get go Obama was the 2nd best choice ((Hillary)).lol) I'm demanding change and now that the campaign is over the lies have to stop! Walk over to your neighbor(s) and be honest....tell them you lied and used them for your campaign and that no jobs were really going to be given out. You have some men's hopes up and thats a dirty, dirty thing. You know someone who hasn't worked a steady job all their life is not qualified enough to be on the top of a list for a city job. You started all this before you were voted in, will the friends and family policy follow you up in city hall too? This is only a 4 year job and believe me we better see change for the people!
    Since you have people who want to represent you on this board i take it that ever bit of info gets back to you. So since i know nothing of what your plans are for Lackawanna, I'm going to draw you up a list and post it here for your supporters to pass on to you. I encourage anyone in the first ward to do also. If i have to get these to him personally I'll find a way to do it! Minnifield and Haxton supporters will not put up with a "yes" man! you may have had your 511 easy votes, but it's the 534 (thanks to the Jurge voters..lol) who you got something to prove to. Good luck to you Mr. Noman, you have a long road ahead of you and from me personally allot of expectations!

Complete let down :-(
    Noman you have so much to prove to me and the 534 others who didn't vote for you. majority of Lackawanna didn't vote your way for a reason, just remember that. You didn't let anyone know your plans for Lackawanna nor did you care about gaining the vote from outside the Arabic community. You knew you had this because you knew this was another Obama situation. First Muslim councilman (first Black president), you knew your people would pull you through to make history (although i thought from the get go Obama was the 2nd best choice ((Hillary)).lol) I'm demanding change and now that the campaign is over the lies have to stop! Walk over to your neighbor(s) and be honest....tell them you lied and used them for your campaign and that no jobs were really going to be given out. You have some men's hopes up and thats a dirty, dirty thing. You know someone who hasn't worked a steady job all their life is not qualified enough to be on the top of a list for a city job. You started all this before you were voted in, will the friends and family policy follow you up in city hall too? This is only a 4 year job and believe me we better see change for the people!
    Since you have people who want to represent you on this board i take it that ever bit of info gets back to you. So since i know nothing of what your plans are for Lackawanna, I'm going to draw you up a list and post it here for your supporters to pass on to you. I encourage anyone in the first ward to do also. If i have to get these to him personally I'll find a way to do it! Minnifield and Haxton supporters will not put up with a "yes" man! you may have had your 511 easy votes, but it's the 534 (thanks to the Jurge voters..lol) who you got something to prove to. Good luck to you Mr. Noman, you have a long road ahead of you and from me personally allot of expectations!
    First of all i would like to congratulate Mr. Noman on his victory. The people of the first ward spoke loud and clearly last night on who they want to represent them in the first ward. Secondly, the absentee ballots have not been counted yet and the margin of victory will be even wider. And to all the haters, show some class and congratulate Mr. Noman. Whether you voted for him or voted against him, he is YOUR councilman.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    It IS disturbing the peace. I'm in the 2nd ward and I hear it clear as a bell. Our kids and grandkids hear it over and over. It is a form of brainwashing. No one says anything, for fear of being called prejudice. If the Basilica said the Lord's Prayer over a loud speaker so loud it could be heard in the 1st ward, you can bet someone would be complaining that the church doesn't have a right to do that.
    MY my my, look at the direction the HATERS are headed now! How pathetic! You guys are something else. What next? What a bunch of sore LOSERS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    MY my my, look at the direction the HATERS are headed now! How pathetic! You guys are something else. What next? What a bunch of sore LOSERS!!!!!!
    You got us! You must have went all the way through to the 6th grade.

Post Faith and Trust

A huge thank you to all my supporters and people who believe in what I have tried to do to break free from the tyrants who control Lackawanna.

I claim yesterday as a victory because I now know God pulled me away from the cesspool of corruption at 714 Ridge Road, the orange crate that should have been torn down over 10 years ago!

The Lackawanna political machine may have won a battle yesterday but they have NOT won the war waging in our city against crooks who steal public funds!

Yesterday about 6:45 p.m. we were driving down Ingham at Bauder where a group of Arabic boys were playing in a yard--as we passed one of them gave me the finger. We backed up and the boy ran and hid behind the house, I told the rest of the boys that I have had it with their disrespect for me and how would they like it if my child did that to your mother or grandma? I told Ali about it and he said sorry, I have nothing to do with that.
    My answer was that I never trained my children to disrespect an adult and they are learning it from somewhere.

I trust God and ALL his ways, he has other plans for my life and wants me to rest for awhile. I feel good--it was not cool working with unprofessionals! I only hung in their for OUR children's future!

I feel very sorry for the Lackawanna people who innocently foot the bill for the political fat cats who have ruined our once great city. Now I am well aware that city hall is now going to make some positive changes in the First Ward to drive home the point "that Andrea Haxton could not get anything done." ----and no-man could to validate him in the council position.
    It is ok boys,play your poli-ticks off the backs of the unsuspecting citizens--make them live with ghetto conditions like the house on Holland in order to discredit me----I still have the proff of your illegal activities to show the people the games you all play with their money!
    Let me start with the private house at 21 Bauder that was secretly torn down using public funds and hidden (so you think). It is so illegal to make a private deal with a citizen using public funds---I know you are going to claim she is making payments back to the city but there is NO excuse for taking $21,000.00 of public money for a private deal and hide from Lackawanna City Council approval!
    This is downright criminal and I brought it up when I uncovered it but was shouted down as usual because the bullies stick together when I call them on the facts.
    I know you are going to come up with a contract BUT you all still paid out huge tax dollars WITHOUT council approval thereby breaking the LAW of the CITY!
    cath--can you please post the section under the city attorney duties that mandates this, Thanks--and thanks for everything. Did you all know that she lost her job at city hall and they refused her a raise in 2006 when I was first elected, when all the incompetents got theirs. Remember the boys told her not to help me back in 2006 and she told them I have 5 bosses not 4 and so they fired her!

I am so glad to be out of the swamp but the inside knowledge will not go to waste folks. I promise you this, and I know not to make promises.

I/We have just begun to fight---I have my armor on and a full tank of gas!

Sore winners is more like it! I am ashamed of your unprofessional--nasty behaviors. May God bless you and your .........
    I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but the dubious methods and mentality of the players yesterday makes me want to puke.
    God bless everyone.

Post The Real Problem

Nasty mouths and documented illegal behaviors.
    Shame. I am glad you all are exposed here----and I feel sorry for you.

Bravo!

Andrea and Dennis Bravo! You both did a great job.

Andrea, never give up the fight! I have the utmost respect for all you and all you have been through.

Dennis, you really gave them a run for their money. I hope you realize that. You came very close to winning. Please try again, maybe even for Mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Nasty mouths and documented illegal behaviors.
    Shame. I am glad you all are exposed here----and I feel sorry for you.
    I heard Edwin was making threats at the polling places yesterday. Many people told me and Mr. George Halsey is one, so if you dont believe me ask him. How pathetic Andrea!!! You have no CLASS or you would have congratulated Mr.Noman. Mr. Minniefield Did!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information