Thread: Horrible Choices for Voters

Horrible Choices for Voters

Well, it's election time once again and all the b.s. is flowing from the candidates. The residents of WS & South Cheektowaga don't have much of a choice for Erie County Legislature. C. Bove or B. Wirth? Some Choice.

Let's start with C. Bove the Queen of Politics in WS. Or should I say Mrs. Flip-Flop. She will say and do anything to further her political career. Her main goal is to be a career politician. I love all the political ads. So many lies & b.s.. Queen Bove states she is the People's Candidate. Are you kidding me? Prior to the primary, she has won 1 elections in 5 tries. I would hardly call that record the people's choice. Even the Buffalo News, a liberal Democrat paper, endorsed a Republican, B. Wirth, stating "We simply chose the person we believe most likely to do the right thing." Amazing, picking an inexperienced, uneducated person over someone with 5 years as a town board member! I guess the News knows first hand Queen Bove is the biggest hypocrite in WS. She states she is for downsizing the legislature, but she fought downsizing and refused to consolidate departments in WS.

Now for B. Wirth. Running on his grandmother's name, this wannabe career politician is looking for another paycheck from the taxpayers. Already with one county job (thanks to grandma), he wants another free ride. Must be nice to be able to work a county job, sell real estate, work in the roofing industry with dad, raise two children, and still be able to be a county legislator. What does that tell you about working for the county and being a politician? Don't have to do too much. Here is the chairman of the Republican Party in WS and he couldn't come up with a candidate to run for Highway Supervisor in the town. I guess B. Wirth is only interested in one thing - making sure B. Wirth is taken care of.

Tuesday will be a sad day for the residents of WS. One of these phonies will be elected! How sad.

If we as citizens and voters want better choices then it is we that must make that happen. It is voters that circulate nominating petitions regardless of whether or not our respective parties endorse a candidate. The fact is no one else was interested in running for those offices or they could not get the required number of signatures to be nominated. Those that did get the required number of signatures had to win a primary if there was another candidate from the same party going for the same office and the voters chose which of them would go on to the general election.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Two choices:
    1. Hold your nose and pull a lever;
    2. Stay home

The third is to do a write-in vote for someone you would prefer and get others to do the same.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Personally, I'm disappointed Wirth losing. I'm ready to support Wirth for councilmen. I want him to run against SM, he could defeat her.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    Personally, I'm disappointed Wirth losing. I'm ready to support Wirth for councilmen. I want him to run against SM, he could defeat her.
    I'll tell you what I don't like about Brian - his age. I get the impression he is looking at politics as a long-term, second income opportunity. He's already gotten a taste of what it is like to live off of the taxpayers, and he likes it. He'd be the same as Wroblewski - do anything to just perpetuate himself. Bove at least will be in it for a shorter time at her age.

To me, the top issues are downsizing of the county legislature, term limits for the county legislature and term limits for the town board and supervisor. But you know that no matter who gets elected, they will not vote to cut off their own gravy train.

Thread Information