Thread: Newstead establishes Indigenous People's Day

Newstead establishes Indigenous People's Day

Akron lacrosse players took a stand in March when they refused to play a game against the Lancaster Redskins because of their name, and now their hometown has made another statement.
    The Newstead Town Board, consisting of two Conservatives, two Republicans and one Democrat, unanimously designated the second Monday of every October – otherwise known as Columbus Day – as Indigenous Peoples Day.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...s-day-20150629

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Akron lacrosse players took a stand in March when they refused to play a game against the Lancaster Redskins because of their name, and now their hometown has made another statement.
    The Newstead Town Board, consisting of two Conservatives, two Republicans and one Democrat, unanimously designated the second Monday of every October – otherwise known as Columbus Day – as Indigenous Peoples Day.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...s-day-20150629
    Newstead's town board aren't the only horses a**es around. This sounds like something that originated in San Francisco or some other place full of weirdos. Wonder if they'll take Columbus Day away from town employees as a holiday. Their high school didn't play the lacrosse game because Lancaster would've mulched them & the name frolic provided an excuse. I trust Akron was forced to forfeit.

Originally posted by grump:
    Their high school didn't play the lacrosse game because Lancaster would've mulched them & the name frolic provided an excuse.
    Do you really think so? Akron's lacrosse team was the highest scoring high school lacrosse team in the country.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Do you really think so? Akron's lacrosse team was the highest scoring high school lacrosse team in the country.
    How did they fare in the sectionals, regionals and states? I could look it up myself but you're the one talking about their moral superiority, not me. And this isn't about the Akron lacrosse team anyway. It's about the town's addled town board and its idiot meaningless "ruling".

Town of Akron, world leader on policy issues. Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Town of Akron, world leader on policy issues. Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho.
    Funny

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    How did they fare in the sectionals, regionals and states?
    I looked it up and they lost in the regionals to Penn Yan.

I could look it up myself but you're the one talking about their moral superiority, not me. And this isn't about the Akron lacrosse team anyway. It's about the town's addled town board and its idiot meaningless "ruling".
    I wasn't talking moral superiority. Just thought their decision was the polar opposite of some of the racist folks in Lancaster

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information