Thread: Political speak - wikipedia.org

Political speak - wikipedia.org

Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.

Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms (e.g., "downsizing" for layoffs, "servicing the target" for bombing), in which case it is primarily meant to make the truth sound more palatable.

It may also refer to intentional ambiguity in language or to actual inversions of meaning (for example, naming a state of war "peace"). In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth. Doublespeak is most closely associated with political language.

In politics

Doublespeak is often used to avoid answering questions or to avoid the public's questions without directly stating that the specific politician is ignoring or rephrasing the question.

A quote from a book I read,(Yes, I do read)
    - "A simple word like "gift" becomes "A self-damaging error made by a rival."
    - The verb "smear" is merely defined as "Describe" in Clifton's political paradigm.

Are you being told what they believe you need to hear
    - or are your hearing what makes you feel better ?

Heres another quote:

"I am just like you - I feel like you do "

Here's a news flash. You do not feel the pain of the working class poor and middle class if you are a member of the controlling class.

You make too much money, have excellent health care and tend to be independently wealthy in order to afford a successful election campaign in the first place.

The only pain you feel is the pampered outrage felt by fellow aristocrats when your pedicure appointment is canceled. Don't pretend to know what it means to work for a living and worry about bills when you don't.

It makes you sound like an idiot.

(not a pure form quote)
    Last edited by 4248; June 27th, 2015 at 05:10 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Oh please. Here is how it works. A says something B disagrees with. If B lets his bigotry slip out while responding, he says he won't be hampered by "political correctness" and that A is just using "doublespeak".

Thats 101 rebuttal -

When asked a direct question or if a specific issue is raised:

"I am not really in a position to change this now but from what I can see, no one is really complaining about this until now"

"Another one I can't really change until elected but I agree with you there"

"I have been doing some research on this including talking to a couple of local residents affected by the expansion who contacted me a couple of weeks ago"

"Transit/William Development: I am unaware of this one. The fact that none of my running mates and I are currently in office makes it difficult to approve anything, but tell me more and I'll be happy to give my input"

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.
    You mean like pretty much every one of your posts here????

You mean like stubbing your toe or hurting your back and demanding taxpayer-funded paycheck after taxpayer-funded paycheck - and now a taxpayer-guaranteed public pension?????????????

You mean like the above when you were a councilman, yet demanding your taxpayer-paid paycheck even though you don't go to the meetings?????????

Sir, do you have no shame?????????

Hey, 4248, did you ever even think about your abject hypocrisy??????????????????????????????????

Sad!

Along with the "Political Double Speak" - lets not forget of the number one Political tool that always high lights Lancaster election cycles -
    "Personal Assassination of opponents and their supporters" -

Lancaster Lan Dem supporters and Committee Controllers have taken this to new lows - pathetic lows even when compared to their other tactics over the years !

No folks, you don't even have to be a incumbent, a candidate or a endorser of a particular Party - your a target if you simply disagree with their self serving habits.

The Breeze is a perfect example - he/she/they will contort, stretch, lie, misinform, talk/repeat stories like a drunk Party parrot.

He/she/they have no conscience or morals when attacking a person or group . They only care about winning the "Game".

Maintain Political control of tax funded spending and job letting at all costs.

He/she once actually stated Supervisor Fudoli will be reelected over his/her "Dead body" !

Thats how serious these tax fed Party Players are - but don't fear him/her - she/he hides behind his screen name - he/she has to - he's/she's a tax funded worker.

He/she stalks the Supervisor so he/she could report on what time he takes a pee break or coffee. He/she used to post from work - now he's/she limited to after hours for fear of being exposed.

If I were the Supervisor his IP address would be traced - his/her tax funded computer time would be monitored and he/she would be fired - even if he/she works under Town Clerk Johana Coleman.

But these trash and burn tactics is what any person who doesn't align with the Town Hall Controllers have to put up with.

Is this what voters are supporting ?

Is this the kinds of actions our fathers and grand fathers believed their
    Political Party Committee Controllers should be doing
    - I don't think so - do you ?
    Last edited by 4248; June 30th, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

While being sworn in - a newly appointed Lan Dem Party Member stated: "We serve those who support us"

When a County Level Dem was interviewed about his decision to run for higher office - a reporter asked,
    -"What drew you to Politics" ?

The Dem Candidate stated, " When I was a kid I watched wrestling a lot
    - Politics is like wrestling
    - its exciting to watch
    - its well scripted and we already know the outcome"

"We have been given a mandate"
    - we won so we can do what we want !

"We do it for our community - we are second generation Public servants"
    - We own this Town and two generations of our families depend on tax funded jobs and appointments.

A Lan Dem Supervisor stated, "If they dont like what we do - they can vote with their feet"
    If they/residents are unhappy with what we do - they can leave our Town !
    Last edited by 4248; July 1st, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    From another well known Erie County Democrat....

"Our hands are tied..."

Who tied them in the first place. People who weren't taking the property owners best interest into account.

Thread Information