Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Maryvale School Approve the Tax Break for Veterans In the School District

Will the Maryvale School Approve the Tax Break for Veterans In the School District

A tax break was approved by Governor Cuomo Awhile ago. But the issue was he told the School boards they had to decided if They wanted to give the break on school taxes to Veterans.

Cheektowaga has 4 school districts and all decide on their own. Cheektowaga central passed the last year . Maryvale had two open forums to discuss with the residents . They failed both attemps to make a decision and decided to have a special proposal on their voting ballet during the school board election. They wanted to hear from the community to see if they agreed or disagreed on giving Veterans a break. WEll school elections were may 18 , 2015 , The community agreed by 77% that the vets school get the break , So now I spoke to several veterans in my area and they were happy to hear about the results. But I had to inform them that its not a sure thing because I spoke to the superintendent of Maryvale and her reply was Its still up to the school board to vote on the issue of a tax break . The can say no even tho the residents were for it. I asked if this would be done at the next school board meeting?

They are stalling and playing games with Veterans and this is unfair, It doesnt take a year to decided . why are they doing this? So one need to stand up for Veterans they protect our country and risk their lives . Its memorial daY weekend and I pray and honor the vets who died protecting this county . God bless the ones who has ever served .

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    So one need to stand up for Veterans they protect our country and risk their lives.

So the tax break is only for veterans who served in active duty in a combat zone?

A tax break was approved by Governor Cuomo Awhile ago. But the issue was he told the School boards they had to decided if They wanted to give the break on school taxes to Veterans.

Cheektowaga has 4 school districts and all decide on their own. Cheektowaga central passed the last year . Maryvale had two open forums to discuss with the residents . They failed both attemps to make a decision and decided to have a special proposal on their voting ballet during the school board election. They wanted to hear from the community to see if they agreed or disagreed on giving Veterans a break. WEll school elections were may 18 , 2015 , The community agreed by 77% that the vets school get the break , So now I spoke to several veterans in my area and they were happy to hear about the results. But I had to inform them that its not a sure thing because I spoke to the superintendent of Maryvale and her reply was Its still up to the school board to vote on the issue of a tax break . The can say no even tho the residents were for it. I asked if this would be done at the next school board meeting?

They are stalling and playing games with Veterans and this is unfair, It doesnt take a year to decided . why are they doing this? So one need to stand up for Veterans they protect our country and risk their lives . Its memorial daY weekend and I pray and honor the vets who died protecting this county . God bless the ones who has ever served .
    They are likely hedging because the implementation of a veteran's exemption increases taxes on non-veterans to make up the difference, and because there are several types of exemption to choose from.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

The public Voted and they are ok with the idea in the Maryvale district . 77% in favor . This would also be a break for widows of veteran too.

I've been in Florida for 25 27 days, where do the veterans exception stands now that the vote came in. Will the town notify the Vets or is it up to the vets to learn more?
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    I've been in Florida for 25 27 days, where do the veterans exception stands now that the vote came in. Will the town notify the Vets or is it up to the vets to learn more?
    the vote from the residents were all in favor. june 8 is next school board meeting , the board still has to vote on it. So it still may not get approved. If it does I would think there would be some kind of letter.

More Discounts

well with all the Benefits the Military People get already WAY TO SCREW YOUR NEIGHBOR that money has got to be made up somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    well with all the Benefits the Military People get already WAY TO SCREW YOUR NEIGHBOR that money has got to be made up somewhere
    Its always the ones who didnt go to war or serve our country that complain. Please explain all the great benefits I got from serving in a war, I know your not refering to my ptsd . exposure agent orange, Diabetes , neurophathy, and many others great benefits . pLus i was drafted to serve no choice their . Why shouldnt military get some breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    Its always the ones who didn't go to war or serve our country that complain. Please explain all the great benefits I got from serving in a war, I know your not referring to my ptsd . exposure agent orange, Diabetes , neurophathy, and many others great benefits . pLus i was drafted to serve no choice their . Why shouldn't military get some breaks?
    I'll ask again but I doubt you'll answer.....

>> So the tax break is only for veterans who served in active duty in a combat zone?

Anyone who served in active combat should get benefits not only for their service but to help with the issues you present. That said, it can be said not all veterans service is equal. Do you agree?

My greater point here is you seem to want to use that these tax breaks should be given to vets of war and active combat because of their active combat duty. If this is the case, you should be for AGAINT giving vets who didn't see combat duty the break. Right?

Some of you truely amaze me. You complain about Our Nation's Veterans receiving benefits but have no problem with our Elected Senators and Congressman getting the OUTRAGEOUS benefits. REALLY (SMH)
    Last edited by Disgusted; June 1st, 2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Hey disgusted the thread is about Maryvale School Districts.......Enough is Enough, Veterans have so much that the Taxpayers don't have. Free Healthcare for life, Discounted Interest Rates for Homes , Free Education, Free Burial Don't forget free Tax Breaks already on Property Taxes as well and way so many more Benefits .

I have never disrespected a Veteran but when is a Enough with these people? These breaks are going to have to be made up from the neighbors....and someone elses taxes will now go up..... These Benefits are giving a new meaning to thank a Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Disgusted View Post
    Some of you truely amaze me. You complain about Our Nation's Veterans receiving benefits but have no problem with our Elected Senators and Congressman getting the OUTRAGEOUS benefits. REALLY (SMH)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgusted View Post
    I agree with you. You want to change things? We need to start at the bottom at the town board level. That is where the support starts for each political party.

Hey disgusted the thread is about Maryvale School Districts.......Enough is Enough, Veterans have so much that the Taxpayers don't have. Free Healthcare for life, Discounted Interest Rates for Homes , Free Education, Free Burial Don't forget free Tax Breaks already on Property Taxes as well and way so many more Benefits .

I have never disrespected a Veteran but when is a Enough with these people? These breaks are going to have to be made up from the neighbors....and someone elses taxes will now go up..... These Benefits are giving a new meaning to thank a Vet
    Well the maryvale residents voted and they were in favor by77% for the vets getting a break . And you talk about free health care at the va for life , thats only for whats service connected stuff . My dad still uses his outside health care which he pays for at the va .So you have to be 100% disabled to get totally free health care . how many older vets use the free education.

Sunny thanks to your father for his service... Also I might want to add that the School Board Agreed that if the Voters wanted it they would approve it... So I guess 77% wanted it so it should go through.

Well the maryvale residents voted and they were in favor by77% for the vets getting a break . And you talk about free health care at the va for life , thats only for whats service connected stuff . My dad still uses his outside health care which he pays for at the va .So you have to be 100% disabled to get totally free health care . how many older vets use the free education.

Check your information, Veterans are not entitled to free Burials, not all Veterans are entitled to free health care. You can receive health care for a service connected disability. You get 350 burial allowance. Not sure where your getting your information. My point is look at what these elected politicians receive and for what ? Destroying the fabric of our country. I would give a veteran everything he deserves without complaint. I would give these politicians nothing for what they do. And it is not just the politician but the benefits thier families receive as well. I respect your opinion that is what is great about our great country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information