Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the Redskins return to Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseplease View Post
    I was at the Candidates Night and no, Brenda was not wearing a "Change It Back" T-shirt. I can't comment on Kelly's attire. Can we take them at their word until they demonstrate otherwise? It's about time Dr. Vallely spoke up. He has been very silent during this whole thing, not what I would have expected from an "leader." Speaking of throwing gas on the situation, how about taking down the "KKK" graphic? It's actually very offensive, not based on any fact that you have provided and only serves to keep the controversy alive. If we can't offend Native Americans with the Redskins term, please don't offend me with "KKK" references. Thank you.
    Actually, Commonsense please, I'm not removing my signature pic. There is no 'is" in the pic. If people assume there is an "is" after "KKK" that's their problem

I did remove my avatar since the information that I read this morning has caused me to change who I will be voting for. I'll have a split ticket - 2 dems and 2 republicans and of course Ted. As much as I revere fiscal responsibility, I have to be true to my convictions. I can't vote for those who are boosters and sympathizers of the Lancaster racists

Georgia L Schlager

Yeah, she's trustworthy alright.

Two-faced bit˘h sounds apropos
    Last edited by gorja; May 21st, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

I did remove my avatar since the information that I read this morning has caused me to change who I will be voting for. I'll have a split ticket - 2 dems and 2 republicans and of course Ted. As much as I revere fiscal responsibility, I have to be true to my convictions. I can't vote for those who are boosters and sympathizers of the Lancaster racists
    Who got the ax?

Quote Originally Posted by skoorbekim View Post
    Who got the ax?
    Fudoli

Georgia L Schlager

Ahhh, very interesting. I don't do any social media sites other than this. Buckle your seat belts. This may be a wild ride!!

Cool

AH ! The more things "Change" - the more they stay the same ! Gotta Love these Political Types !

I am sure - what you thought I meant is what you heard - but what I meant - isn't truly what I was trying to say ! - So now - I'm changing my mind !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thanks gorga for resubmitting that Facebook post. I had added it earlier to the first post of this thread and it may have gone unnoticed.

I also share concerns regarding what Christopher's true agenda is regarding the Redskin name return. If she proceeds to try to bring back the Redskin name after ousting two more board members next year as is her plan she will soon learn the legal ramifications of attempting to do so and the unintended consequences that could befall this community.

Everything is not as it appears here and this controversy is not over by a longshot. There is every reason to believe that this matter will spill over into the 2015 town election. You have already indicated as much by your change in candidate support.

Red face

Actually, Commonsense please, I'm not removing my signature pic. There is no 'is" in the pic. If people assume there is an "is" after "KKK" that's their problem

Ahhh, the circus has left Hamburg and is setting up it's tents in Lancaster!
    Amazing what people will say when they can hide behind a computer screen. How about we continue the discussion without being nasty and offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Thanks gorga for resubmitting that Facebook post. I had added it earlier to the first post of this thread and it may have gone unnoticed.

I also share concerns regarding what Christopher's true agenda is regarding the Redskin name return. If she proceeds to try to bring back the Redskin name after ousting two more board members next year as is her plan she will soon learn the legal ramifications of attempting to do so and the unintended consequences that could befall this community.

Everything is not as it appears here and this controversy is not over by a longshot. There is every reason to believe that this matter will spill over into the 2015 town election. You have already indicated as much by your change in candidate support.
    The problem for the anti-Redskins candidates is that a significant number of people are pro-Redskins.

If not pro-Redskins, they at least find bureaucratic politically correct edicts disagreeable.

Citizens vote for candidates expecting follow through on pledges given.

If Christopher changed her tune now she'd be gone later.

Don't blame Christopher,
    blame the voters,
    (and Fudoli)

The problem for the anti-Redskins candidates is that a significant number of people are pro-Redskins.

If not pro-Redskins, they at least find bureaucratic politically correct edicts disagreeable.

Very well stated. A question for discussion--are the majority wishes to be set aside due to the views of the politically correct minority? If the majority of the community wants the Redskins mascot and are willing to tolerate the boycott of games by other districts etc, should we move in that direction? Did the community show by the recent vote that the majority supports the Redskin name? I'm not taking a side here, just trying to start a discussion and would love to hear who stands on which side and why.

Very well stated. A question for discussion--are the majority wishes to be set aside due to the views of the politically correct minority? If the majority of the community wants the Redskins mascot and are willing to tolerate the boycott of games by other districts etc, should we move in that direction? Did the community show by the recent vote that the majority supports the Redskin name? I'm not taking a side here, just trying to start a discussion and would love to hear who stands on which side and why.
    Although impractical (or so I've been told) I favor a referendum...

Until resolved (wishful thinking):

Anti-Redskins + Common Core = Electoral Populist Uprisings

(((66% of "opt-out" candidates won BOE seats across the state...)))

Keep an eye out for pigs flying today, I actually agree with you Mike! (Blame the voters).

A couple things though. Even among voters, there does not appear to be a clear "pro-Redskins" majority, these numbers are gone over in another thread.

If people were truly motivated by a "mad at the process so we need a new board" rather than a simpler pro-Redskins sentiment, then Wendy D would have been elected. This is someone who has been involved and vocal in education here, has had disagreements with the BOE before it was cool, is clearly in it for education, and clearly represents change. I would challenge anyone to make a case as to why Kelly was a better candidate. The sole reason for voting her in was that she was extra mad about the mascot. And she won. That says it all about what people are voting on.

Ahhh, the circus has left Hamburg and is setting up it's tents in Lancaster!
    Amazing what people will say when they can hide behind a computer screen. How about we continue the discussion without being nasty and offensive?
    I took it down. So you think she was NOT talking out of two sides of her mouth, eh?

Georgia L Schlager

As far as "Politicians" go - there will be no "Anti-Red Skins" people running for Town Board. Every single candidate and incumbent will be "Once a Red Skin - Always a Red Skin" -

Not because they believe it - or spoke up at all when the debate raged - but because they know it means votes that transend normal "Party Issues" !

They all hid from the lime light so far for fear of being quoted and possibly offending voters.

You will now see they all need those extra 2-300 votes - especially those who wont get the normal Conservative endorsements.

My first question to those people will be where were you in March and April ?

Heres some lines you'll hear during the campaign:
    -
    "What the school board did was wrong - I will listen to voters and represent their concerns"

"I have always been and always will be a Red Skin - Whoop Whoop"

Then after the election:
    "We must move on and seek to do no harm"
    - "I never wanted to hurt/insult the school board or the Superintendent"
    Last edited by 4248; May 22nd, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I took it down. So you think she was NOT talking out of two sides of her mouth, eh?
    Thanks! I very much appreciate it & really respect you for it. Well, after reading your post in which you had the Facebook message, I am really beginning to question Brenda's sincerity. Was that posted after the election? It sure reads as if it was. Boy, talk about not being able to believe what anyone says!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she say in the Buffalo News that the mascot issue was not going to be revisited? I'm sure she did. How dumb does she think we are to say that in the news and have that posted on her Facebook account? Gee, think anyone would notice?? Can a Brenda supporter explain the contradictory statements to me? I must really be stupid, I bought into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information